Gonna be a HOT night..AC wise that is!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna be a HOT night..AC wise that is!

Yep, dodged the bullet for years but now, at 104 our AC went out.

Fan won't blow, outside, and compressor just has a hum but not doing anything.

Home taking care of Momma from her hip replacement so best we can do is repairmen tomorrow. Thank the Lord a cold front is coming in tonight and highs only in the 80's tomorrow.

Now, the gist of this post.....make's me think of those folks who have NO AC anytime and we are sweating it at 78, so far.

Count your blessings you at least have something that can be repaired or replaced!

Id be at Home Depot picking up a window unit to at least cool the bedroom.

Comment

Yep, I’d be at the Motel 6. One thing I won’t tolerate is no AC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

Yup.

Comment

Not by chamce near midland are you? I have a window unit in the knife shop i could run over if so.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
            Not by chamce near midland are you? I have a window unit in the knife shop i could run over if so.
            Nope, we are in Granbury and the hotel is out as we have 4 dogs. We have every fan in the house going and it's not "too" uncomfortable so far. With the cold front coming in late tonight we "old folks" can stick it out.

Appreciate the offer, always some that will try to help. Funny, I had just gone out to get the mail and the handle on the front storm door fell off the SAME time Momma was outside with the dogs and said the AC was making a strange humming noise?!

Thanks for the offer again Buddy!

Comment

Sounds like a capacitor. ~$15 @ Home Depot, 10 minutes of work & you're back in business!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                Sounds like a capacitor. ~$15 @ Home Depot, 10 minutes of work & you're back in business!
                This. Worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

Yep. The summer electric bill is the only bill I’ll smile while paying

OP, hope it’s an easy fix

Comment

Bringfido.com

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

AC mechanical skills are not in my expertise but thanks for the comment. We are looking at a $100 deductible with our home warranty..yep, but we have had great luck with the warranty company with past repairs.

I know a LOT of folks bad mouth these home warranty companies, but when age has entered the picture and one can't get around that good, at least for us so far it has been a great thing. With my wife recovering they expedited the repair time. I called the biggest AC repair company in Granbury and they told me at least 3-4 days before they could schedule. Just another thing that bothers me in my retirement years and paying physically for the "sin's of my youth," just a lot of things I'm unable to do anymore.

Blessings and thanks all for the responses..."time will tell, lol."

Comment

Put the dogs outside. Go to a hotel

Comment

I feel ya! Ours went out on Wed afternoon. I knew it was on its last legs and tried to nurse it through one more summer. Just got it all replaced today.
                          We had one bedroom with a window unit so it was 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 big dogs in there sleeping the past 5 nights. It got old. Quick.
                          I made them tough it out during the days. I am sitting here now enjoying AC in the living room - first world problems but I don't take it as much for granted as I did a week ago!

Comment

Ours just went out this morning. I am guessing a capacitor on ours. It seems to go out once a summer.

Comment

Take her to a Motel 6 and romance her!

Comment

Working...
                              X