LEO Houston Trafffic Acceident Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEO Houston Trafffic Acceident Question

I just spent 1.5 hours sitting in the back up on HWY 59. The freeway was closed at the beltway diverting the traffic onto the feeder road and the beltway. Once I got on the feeder road I had to sit through 4 stop lights/intersections before reentering the freeway.

There were 11 officers sitting behind the cones and barricades at the neck down then 7 officers standing around the actual accident. There were additional officers blocking the entrance ramps. As I understand it, the accident occurred around noon and I passed by around 5:30pm.

My question is why weren't any of the officers either directing traffic or controlling the light cycles at the 4 intersections on the feeder road? There was little to no cross traffic and literally miles of bumper to bumper backup on the feeder road.

Just curious if this is procedure or if it was an oversight?

Maybe they were tired from working on there shops .

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm surprised any of them were out of the climate controlled area of their vehicles.....

Comment

Was there a death involved? If so there was probably an investigation going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was HPD wasnt it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
            I just spent 1.5 hours sitting in the back up on HWY 59. The freeway was closed at the beltway diverting the traffic onto the feeder road and the beltway. Once I got on the feeder road I had to sit through 4 stop lights/intersections before reentering the freeway.

There were 11 officers sitting behind the cones and barricades at the neck down then 7 officers standing around the actual accident. There were additional officers blocking the entrance ramps. As I understand it, the accident occurred around noon and I passed by around 5:30pm.

My question is why weren't any of the officers either directing traffic or controlling the light cycles at the 4 intersections on the feeder road? There was little to no cross traffic and literally miles of bumper to bumper backup on the feeder road.

Just curious if this is procedure or if it was an oversight?
            This is one of my pet peeves. Grrrrr........

Comment

Yep, i saw the accident when i came back from corpus around 2, 18 wheeler flatten a car and killed the driver. All the cops where standing around, but not much u can do until the investigation is done.

Comment

Texting?????

Comment

They might have been watching for people not social distancing !

Comment

Hazmat was cleaning up when I passed by. All officers were standing around vehicles or in the shade, there didn't appear to be any investigating occurring. I could care less about them standing around. I only mentioned the number of officers to indicate that there wasn't a shortage of individuals who could have been directing traffic or operating the traffic lights to increase the flow of traffic.

Comment

Bet they was reading how to get 25% off a Toyota on TBH.

Comment

4 motorcycles and a vehicle unit. This was just past the neck down and about a half mile from the accident. Not sure what purpose they were providing in this spot. There were several officers at the cones where the lanes were closed and they couldn’t see the accident from this location. Meanwhile I was basically parked on the feeder road when I took this pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          It was HPD wasnt it

I see what you did and agree

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            It was HPD wasnt it

I see what you did and agree

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post

4 motorcycles and a vehicle unit. This was just past the neck down and about a half mile from the accident. Not sure what purpose they were providing in this spot. There were several officers at the cones where the lanes were closed and they couldn’t see the accident from this location. Meanwhile I was basically parked on the feeder road when I took this pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              To be fair, the crown vic in the photo is a mobility unit which is a civilian position. They are the ones who are paid to respond to such incidents and reduce traffic. They dont carry guns but probably still eat donuts

Comment

Working...
                              X