Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inherited a Few older guns (Information, Value)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inherited a Few older guns (Information, Value)

My 92 year old granddad passed away. Long story short my we snatched them up before going to his estate auction. These guns are not for sale nor will ever be for sale. I am posting just for informational purposes for myself. I have had them for a couple year or so and haven’t gotten around to research or at-least mine sucks. 3 guns I received from him and the 4th is just one I picked up. Looking for more informational purposes, but also estimated price as I think atleast the Belgium and 1903 is worth something. To prove my dad wrong, being he doesn’t believe me that they are worth more than $200 lol.

Thanks and sorry for the ton of pictures.

First gun appears to be a Remington 1903 .22. Only flaw is on the butt of the stock.

2nd gun is a Belgium Made Browning Light Twelve.

3rd gun Remington Model 1100. Gun hasn’t been out of the closet in a long time.

4th gun is one I just bought off my father in law. It is rough, just have a soft spot for old .22’s. Not much on it still just old and in bad shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice guns. No ideas on values but they are keepers for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
      Nice guns. No ideas on values but they are keepers for sure.

Thanks, we hunt opening day of dove season with the shotguns. Then they go back into the safe until next year.

Comment

I think your best bet is to go on to GunBroker and look for guns in similar condition for a price range. That being said what they're worth versus what somebody is willing to pay for them versus the sentimental value is going to be a hard one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
          I think your best bet is to go on to GunBroker and look for guns in similar condition for a price range. That being said what they're worth versus what somebody is willing to pay for them versus the sentimental value is going to be a hard one.

I’ve look at gun broker, but not quite sure on exact age on them. I am just looking for estimates values. They aren’t for sale, this is strictly for my information and to prove my dad wrong lol.

Comment

You can look up the serial number on both of those shotguns to get the date they were manufactured

Comment

You can prove him wrong with just that Remington 1100 as long as there isn't something horribly wrong I can't see in the pictures. That one alone should be in the $500 ball park +/- depending on overall condition.

Comment

The Belgian made A5 is also worth north of $200. No doubt

Comment

That pump .22 will bring more than $200 i bet. Lots of collector interest in old pumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                    The Belgian made A5 is also worth north of $200. No doubt
                    From what little I can see of the Lt 12, at least $600, and if the entire gun looks like the pics, well north of $800.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
                      You can prove him wrong with just that Remington 1100 as long as there isn't something horribly wrong I can't see in the pictures. That one alone should be in the $500 ball park +/- depending on overall condition.

They are some of the nicest ones for age that I have seen. Used maybe once every 10 years.

Comment

Does your dad have any guns for sale?

The way he values stuff I think I would be a buyer

Seriously though, those guns are priceless no matter what the Blue Book says

Comment

Yeah that 1100 is beautiful and I have had guys offer me $500-$600 for mine. Especially if it’s a 20 gauge.

Comment

On the 1903, does the Model and address rollmark look shallow on one end or is that reflection. If so it is probably a sign of a re- blue and a lesser value.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bad Bass View Post
                              On the 1903, does the Model and address rollmark look shallow on one end or is that reflection. If so it is probably a sign of a re- blue and a lesser value.

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              Does your dad have any guns for sale?

The way he values stuff I think I would be a buyer

Seriously though, those guns are priceless no matter what the Blue Book says

lol he doesn’t really hunt at all just dove hunts the first weekend of season. But I wish, these will be passed down to the next generation and hopefully further down.

Billy: The .22 and Browning hasn’t been pulled out of his closet in 50+ years. My dad remembers them when he was a kid. But rarely used them. So to think he would have had them reblued when they weren’t ever used would shock me. But never know, it looks like half is faded. You can read everything else on the barrel.

Comment

Working...
                              X