Hunting Gear Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Gear Cabinet

In another step in my never ending quest to become somewhat organized (never happen), but I decided it was time to move on replacing the old crappy pre-made cabinet I keep some of my gear/ammo in. It's made of 5/8" MDF and everything in it is sagging or bowing.

I hate to start a DIY thread anymore until the project is finished, but this one is keeping my wife from being able to park in the garage, so hopefully I won't drag it out to long.

Overall dimensions are 78"X78"X24"deep, mostly 3/4"BC sanded plywood and 1"X2", and 1"X3" facing.

New toy for ripping heavy plywood, TOTALY worth the price of admission, and the end product was much better than I can do on the table saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking pretty good so far

Comment

I hate gun cases. They take up too much room in the hunting cabinet, and too much room in my closet, but I like to have specific ones for certain rifles and shotguns. That tall narrow compartment on the right was built for them.

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

Looks nice! I’m glad you posted this cause I have been trying to figure out what I’m going to do with all my gun cases. I now know, thank you!

Comment

Pretty nice

Comment

Awesome gun case rack. I like. A lot. Cool build.

Comment

Looking Good

Looking great! I like the slide out; that gives me a very good idea.

Comment

Tagged I’ve been trying to think of something similar but only about 48” tall so i can do a
                    Triple pedestal mount on top...thanks for posting!

Comment

Being a disorganized type also makes it hard for me to keep up with small parts...rings, mounts, broadhead blades, bow parts, tiny screws, etc. so I dumped all the crap I never used out of these and mounted them on another drawer slide.

Comment

dang son! great work!

Comment

Following!

Nice work

Comment

Hunting Gear Cabinet

I got this monster 24"X40" cutting board some years ago from the greatness of Ultramatic Feeders. Man I had no idea how handy it would be for big redfish, briskets, and most recently processing Nilgai. I love it and use it more than I thought I might, but it's tough to store.

The gun case compartment made a great spot for it, with a shelf holder I had in the junk drawer for a keeper upper.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 02-19-2019, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X