Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
    Still have minners?

Sorry Razorback. When I stepped out to go to work at 5AM, there was this skinny feller that looked homeless and like he was starving. So I gave him the minners before I left. Hope he fished with them and didn't eat-em.

Comment

They worked pretty good, caught a lot of bass, lot of small crappie, all the large (5) we brought home still had eggs.

What is your secret for keeping minners alive?

Comment

Refrigeration. They can live for weeks without food if the water is at the right temp (40-55). But I throw them a couple pinches of crushed up bread crumbs about once a week. Not to much or they will bloat and die. If you keep them outside, or in outside warmer temps, they need to have the water changed about once a week. And a good aerator and filter system. New water will need chlorine neutralizer before they go in. It can be got at any pet shop including Smal-marts. I'm looking at 100 gallon tubs now, for a garage live well. Already have the pump and filter system. That size will keep a few doz perch alive. or several doz minners. I've had a few garage live wells before back when I ran trot-lines all the time. And raised aquarium fish when I was young.

Comment

I also got 3 legal perch traps I built for catching bait. TP&W has rules/restrictons they have to meet when you build them. Last used them a couple years ago when jugging with the grandboys.

The fish are bite-n and there's hogs to be killed, gotta go!

Comment

Gonna head down to W town in the morning and see what kind of trouble I can get in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
              Gonna head down to W town in the morning and see what kind of trouble I can get in!

I was where you were the other day ,i didnt get anything but there were some good stringers brought out.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                I was where you were the other day ,i didnt get anything but there were some good stringers brought out.

Which part? I’ve been all over.

Comment

Pretty proud. I put David on his first striper this morning as we watched the sunrise over the water. He was pretty stoked about it.

Caught several under 18 inches then got into some sandies. No luck with the cats. Even saw some boaters checking multiple jug lines with no luck.

Water is down.

Comment

W lake is .94 feet low. Almost a foot.

Comment

Nice fish Nanners.

Comment

Here's a little fun for some of ya, those that may be interested. Topos of the W lake and A lake.

A lake: http://fishing-app.gpsnauticalcharts....9311/-97.2043

W lake: http://fishing-app.gpsnauticalcharts....9990/-97.4330

Comment

Thomas was the only one to land one yesterday. Someone has to keep me in check.

Comment

Go Thomas go!

Comment

I know someone who caught 2 fish yesterday from a kayak.

Anybody else do any good?

And I got a 70 gallon tub for a bait tank. Just need to set it all up.

Comment

Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                I know someone who caught 2 fish yesterday from a kayak.

Anybody else do any good?

And I got a 70 gallon tub for a bait tank. Just need to set it all up.

Trolled the Nolan just for fun Friday. No luck. Saw some insane saners with tad bit of luck for little shad.

I did hit up the West side yesterday and Lake Granbury today for some lake floatin!

Last edited by NannySlayer; 04-26-2020, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X