• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
    And San Antonio [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Travis county as well.

Comment

What are parents who will be going back to work suppose to do if they can’t send their kids to school?

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
        is It to soon
        In my opinion, too late

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          I think it's a good plan, just keep an eye on the situation and adjust as necessary.
          We have been just keeping an eye on this fiasco for 2 months. Nothing happened. No hospitals in TX became overwhelmed. 418 "assumed" corona deaths out of 29 million Texans = .0014%. Let us get on with LIVING

Comment

It’s far past the point of opening too soon. The Country probably never should have been closed down.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              What are parents who will be going back to work suppose to do if they can’t send their kids to school?
              Free forced labor.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                The same thing they do in the summer when school is out.

Comment

The fact that they closed schools through the end of the year means Abbott lost my vote. This is ridiculous at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                    The same thing they do in the summer when school is out.
                    Yep.

This should only effect those parents that relay on school 20-25 days (assuming they were to go back May 4th) as here in Victoria school was scheduled to end May 28th.

Comment

I still think universities should give us a partial refund. My older two boys have been home from A&M since early March. They won’t even be allowed to take classes on campus this summer yet I am still paying full tuition and paying for their house. At least refund the high dollar parking pass fees.
                      Last edited by speck1; 04-17-2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneHuntinAgain View Post
                        The fact that they closed schools through the end of the year means Abbott lost my vote. This is ridiculous at this point.
                        I’ll respectfully disagree with this.

Unfortunately, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The media has created so much fear and panic over this that he would be hanged if he “moved too quickly”. In turn, I think he’s hoping to finish April strong by continuing these standards so we can come out swinging in May. This will buy him time to prove that they are ready.

Any major news network (including local ones) is ready to destroy the states if they make sudden moves. They are having to walk a fine balancing line. As will all the nuts out there who are so fearful of their own shadow right now.

Yes, it sucks, but me and mine can endure a little more pain for a hopeful wide open May.
                        Last edited by HoustonHunter; 04-17-2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

It may not be much but hey, it is a start in the right direction. It is way far ahead of other states.

Comment

Look for the door to have a nice opening on the 27th as long as people use common sense and follow guidelines.

Comment

[

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                                Economics are a very important part of life. 430 total deaths in Texas is not a good reason for millions to be out of work and unable to support their families. We have plenty of hospital space as Abbott stated. Follow safe protocols and go back to work. My profession is an extremely high risk yet I have been treating emergencies every week since this started. The civil unrest will continue to get worse the longer the forced shutdown stays in place. Protect the elderly and compromised people. Keep the kids home and let the rest of us work.
                                This!

'm going to have to reschedule that cleaning. Hope you and the family are doing well.

Comment

Working...
                                X