Boat help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat help

So I quit bass fishing 3 years ago and have only been on the water once since. I still have no desire to get back into tournament fishing or anything but I would like to be able to crappie and catfish and recreational bass fish. I am trying to determine what type of boat would be best. I don’t know if I want to buy an older fiberglass bass boat or go with a brew or almost new center console aluminum boat such as an 1860 tracker grizzly. For those of you who have ran a larger aluminum like that how well do they do if the water gets a bit rough

My brother recently sold his big 22 tracker grizzly with the full bow fishing elevated platform etc. he loved it for the purpose it was made for but bought a Big G3 deep v with the windshield. He decided he wanted a more comfortable boat they had more all around fishing purpose rather than a specialized boat. The trackers are flat bottom and are very rough and wet in chop.

Fiberglass is almost always going to run smoother than aluminum. But aluminum will always be more durable especially in rocky where we run boats.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I have the Ranger bass aluminum and it’s been a great boat.

Would take care of all your needs listed.

Take a look at them you might be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was In the same boat, no pun

Just bought a new crestliner 20’ bay
          I looked at everything and the room in this boat is just beyond what I found in the others in the same size class and the price couldn’t be beat.
          We have a place on richland chambers and i like to bass fish, crappie, run jugs and limb lines but we live in deer park and I grew up on trinity bay fishing the river and the bay system so I wanted something to cover both scenarios. Just need to add some electronics and I’ll be ready to hit the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man give me a call, I’ve always got an open spot in mine. I’m actually really thinking about selling my Nitro bass boat maybe this summer and getting a 20-21’ aluminum center console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So, here’s my question: I went to Wyoming a couple of years ago to hunt grouse. Since the outfitted offered fly fishing ippportunities, my husband and I thought we’d go (had never fly Fischer before). We took a couple lessons at sportsmen’s finest and, ultimately, had a blast fishing o the. Orthopedic Platte River (or south...can’t remember). Anyway, we had a blast.

My question is this: where does one go fly fishing in Texas? Perf Cebter Tecas.

Comment

Behind the Whitney dam is an awesome place to fly fish!

When I got burned out on Bass Fishing I sold my boat,and bought an 18'6 deep v Lund.That is without a doubt the best boat I've ever fished out of.Crappie,catfish,whatever.The way they drift is awesome!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                  I was In the same boat, no pun

Just bought a new crestliner 20’ bay
                  I looked at everything and the room in this boat is just beyond what I found in the others in the same size class and the price couldn’t be beat.
                  We have a place on richland chambers and i like to bass fish, crappie, run jugs and limb lines but we live in deer park and I grew up on trinity bay fishing the river and the bay system so I wanted something to cover both scenarios. Just need to add some electronics and I’ll be ready to hit the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Who’d you end up buying through? I got the bug for a new boat bad. Was thinking crestliner from LMC or Xpress from Boats Etc.

Comment

Had both and fished off of others. Now my trips are more about the fishing rather than performance boating.

You are already familiar with fiberglass.

mod v or flat bottom aluminum - can pound you if you have to run the rough stuff. some pound you even when it is not so rough.

To me deep v aluminum feels more comfortable than fiberglass mod v in the rough stuff you give up some fishability though.

Just like everything else in life give some take some. I prefer lighter and less horsepower but I do not run cross a big north south lake like Rayburn in a stiff north wind. that can make any boat uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                    X