Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lying about Draw Length *sorta*

Let this serve as a warning.

And an apology for unintentionally misleading you fine folks...

When you work on improving your form, your draw length is prone to change!

Somewhere in the last year, I lost a full inch of draw length, but my shooting got way better in the process. I have much better skeletal alignment, and more importantly, I'm no longer pulling with my shoulder to finish the shot off.

I am really sorry for all the folks who were led to believe my draw length is 33". I consider myself one of you. It was a big blow to my pride to find out I am mortal, and pulling a puny 32".

So consider yourself warned! It pays to check your system occasionally, especially when making changes to your form. I only checked it out because Dan Toelke asked me to do so when I was talking with him about getting a new bow. At least he can make them for all sorts of draw lengths.

Ha! I lost a 1/2” a while back. Can’t find it anywhere, so I’m just using the 29” I got, and not worrying about it to much!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I feel violated.

I had you on a gargantuan pedestal with your gargantuan draw length. Stories have been told of massive breadth...all lies. Many stately trees girthyness was violated for Trumpkin breadth demonstration. Shame on you.

Apology accepted.

You are only welcome to come kill pesky critters on days that end in y from here on.
      Last edited by Briar Friar; 02-17-2020, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I just ordered a 27 inch vxr and I am scared to death I may have to order 26.5 mods lol. Been shooting 27.5 and never realized how bad my form was due to draw length

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
          I feel violated.

I had you on a gargantuan pedestal with your gargantuan draw length. Stories have been told of massive breadth...all lies. Many stately trees girthyness was violated for Trumpkin breadth demonstration. Shame on you.

Apology accepted.

You are only welcome to come kill pesky critters on days that end in y from here on.
          Hahaha! That's a grade A rant right there. Not sure if I'll get flagged for the R word or not...

I'll have to swing by your place some day ending in "y" and chase squirrels or something.

Comment

I'm so badarse my bow automatically adjust to me however I feel that day...

Comment

Just blocked this jackwagon.

I am so let down.

Comment

My shooting has improved as my DL has decreased. I'll take the better shooting every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                  Let this serve as a warning.

And an apology for unintentionally misleading you fine folks...

When you work on improving your form, your draw length is prone to change!

Somewhere in the last year, I lost a full inch of draw length, but my shooting got way better in the process. I have much better skeletal alignment, and more importantly, I'm no longer pulling with my shoulder to finish the shot off.

I am really sorry for all the folks who were led to believe my draw length is 33". I consider myself one of you. It was a big blow to my pride to find out I am mortal, and pulling a puny 32".

So consider yourself warned! It pays to check your system occasionally, especially when making changes to your form. I only checked it out because Dan Toelke asked me to do so when I was talking with him about getting a new bow. At least he can make them for all sorts of draw lengths.

Welcome to my world

Sorry for your loss [emoji3]

Comment

I was shooting wrong form all these years, started shooting off the end of my nose and lost a 1/2” went from 30” to 29-1/2” shoot a lot better now. Probably the most Consistent. and the best I’ve ever group.

Comment

things get tighter with tighter form

proper form with shave off the bad set up and help you find a natural more tight anchor point

Comment

Unfortunately with age, everything gets shorter, in more ways than one.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                          Unfortunately with age, everything gets shorter, in more ways than one.
                          don't sell yourself short

Comment

That's what she said.[emoji15]

Gary

Comment

When I got my new bow setup a few years ago, the tech worked with me to "open up" my form, so i went from a 30" draw to a 31".(shot a 30" draw for 20 years) Long story short. I get home and try and working with this new form and realize I'm not a target shooter, but a deer hunter who hunt in tall tall trees. So, I really think I'm more of a 30.5. Hasn't stopped me from kill'n the critters, but I've almost got my shoulder yanked out of my socket a couple of times when I'm relaxed at full draw, and those cams decide to turn over.....

Comment

Working...
                              X