$20K Budget for Truck, Do you.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$20K Budget for Truck, Do you.....

buy a 6-7 year old Tundra with 100-120K miles or a 4-5 year old Ram/GM with 60-80K miles?

And I mean a crew cab, 4wd. I think I know which way I'm leaning, but then I do go back & forth on this.

I left Ford out because they seem to hold their value better than Ram/GM.

And, the only fleet I deal with won't buy Ford trucks anymore, only Ram/GM. Ford trucks always in shop/not available, apparently.

An MPG difference of 1-3 mpg isn't super significant. I am a Grandpa & the older I get the more I drive like one.

Also, I hate taking a vehicle in for repair.

Surely, these clues tell you how I'm leaning.

But, hey there hasn't been a truck thread here in a day or so, right?

Tundra, close thread.

Comment

I would keep an open mind and start looking. You will know when u find a super clean well maintained, one owner truck. Go with that one

Comment

In 2010 I bought a 2007 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 with 21,000 miles on it for $20,500. In 2015 I sold that same Tundra with 80,000 miles on it for $20,000.

I think I know what direction I would go...

Comment

I have one son that got a Tacoma in HS. He went to college, and is now an engineer for 5 years. 9 year old truck. It is still solid and no issues.

My youngest son got a Tundra in HS. Not new. 2010. Worst vehicle I ever purchased. Crew cab, 4wd - the works.

Just my two cents. I would go Ford, Dodge, or GM if going for the bigger truck.

Comment

^ had to double take for a second lol. Got a Tacoma in HS - all through college - into my professional years . Had it for 13 years , 300k miles . Most expensive thing I ever replaced was the AC Compressor and new tires .

Comment

I’d buy $20k worth of Uber before a used GM product

Comment

Originally posted by Tsnow View Post
                Tundra, close thread.

Close thread

Comment

Tundra. Mines got 95k on it and I plan on getting at least that many more out of it. My neighbors has nearly 200k on his and hes never had a problem with it.

Comment

Tundra, no question. My dad's 2010 Tundra has 260K miles on it and is being driven daily by my brother. Never in the shop except for maintenance. Dad now has a 2018 Tundra with 45K and same thing, no issues. I have a 2014 Tundra with 75K, and like a broken record, same thing, no issues. All are CrewMax 5.7 4x4.

Comment

I would say tundra.

Or look around for a Nissan Titan.

Comment

If gas mileage is not an issue and you don't care what bed length, then absolutely a Tundra... Anything Toyota or Honda will be overall lowest maintenance of any car line...

Comment

My buddy has a ‘14 tundra with 195,000 miles on it and he hasn’t one issue with it. I have a ‘14 Silverado with 85,000 miles on it and have had to replace the A/C compressor for $800. Only issue I’ve had

Comment

I would say Dodge or GM just because that’s what I know. But it seems that everyone that has a Tundra loves them, and if I was in the half ton market I’d def give them a look.

Comment

Anything Toyota. My Tacoma has 330,000 on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X