New mattress was the remedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New mattress was the remedy

I have waited a while to post this. Last Thanksgiving I had to get a shot and medication for hip pain that went all the way down my leg. I had to do the same thing July 4th weekend when the pain came back but the shot and medication lasted for only a few weeks till the pain came back. I was having problems working in the lawn, walking around in a dept. store for more than 10 or 15 minutes and even sitting long enough to got watch a movie. I got to thinking that my pain might be the result of sleeping on an old mattress, so we went mattress shopping and bought a new one...….. The pain completely went away in about a week. I am 100% convinced that the mattress was the problem. Maybe this can help someone else who is have the same symptoms and is sleeping on and old mattress.

Which mattress did you get?

I'm having a similar issue

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

I am thinking about getting a new mattress myself
      Waking up with out some pain is definitely something I would love to accomplish
      Now replacing my tempropedic might be kinda expensive but seems like the only option

Comment

We are thinking about pulling the trigger on a purple mattress. Friends of ours said they love it so we might upgrade pretty soon.

Comment

I was thinking about ordering one but I wanted to put my hands on it and actually lay on one before pulling the trigger. I am very happy with the one we chose. These are actually made in Dallas.

Comment

If you’re in Houston go visit Texas Mattress Makers. We are more than pleased with our recent purchase and will buy again there when needed.

Comment

I had back surgery a few years ago at 30 years old, herniated disc with major sciatica. It made all the difference in the world. Well the last couple of months I could feel it coming back just a little at a time. Nothing bad, but I could just tell it was getting aggravated. My wife had also been waking up, body aching, so we finally decided to look at a new mattress. We ordered a mattress in a box, Nectar. Ordered it last Thursday and it arrived Wednesday. Our aches disappeared overnight.

Our old mattress is only 4 years old and I paid $2500 for it. I paid $950 shipped for a King Nectar with two pillows. I highly suggest it!! We require a firm mattress, and if you suffer from any back pain, that’s what you will need too. Firm, with a soft touch!

365 day money back as well. So if it’s not for you in 6 months, call them to return it and they come pick it up from your house.

Comment

Old mattresses are terrible. We bought a very expensive mattress in 2005. Slept like a dream for years.

After about 10 years I started having back pain. Replaced it this year when we built the house and back to sleeping pain free again.

Didn’t know they recommend replacing mattresses no more than 8 years apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                  I had back surgery a few years ago at 30 years old, herniated disc with major sciatica. It made all the difference in the world. Well the last couple of months I could feel it coming back just a little at a time. Nothing bad, but I could just tell it was getting aggravated. My wife had also been waking up, body aching, so we finally decided to look at a new mattress. We ordered a mattress in a box, Nectar. Ordered it last Thursday and it arrived Wednesday. Our aches disappeared overnight.

Our old mattress is only 4 years old and I paid $2500 for it. I paid $950 shipped for a King Nectar with two pillows. I highly suggest it!! We require a firm mattress, and if you suffer from any back pain, that’s what you will need too. Firm, with a soft touch!

365 day money back as well. So if it’s not for you in 6 months, call them to return it and they come pick it up from your house.

I will second the nectar mattress, we’ve had ours a little over a year and it has been fantastic. It didn’t break the bank when we bought it and shipping was fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most all the mattresses that you buy online have a sleep satisfaction guarantee. It’s kind of a pain to keep swapping but good sleep is important. Most folks will benefit from a firmer mattress than they think.

If your bed partner needs softer and you need firmer, or vice versa, be aware that two Twin XLs are the same width as a King, so you can have your cake and it it too.

Comment

About 2 months ago we bought a $500 king size mattress from Costco. I looove it. I wake up feeling much better than I did on our old high dollar mattress.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post

Are these foam mattresses similar to Tempurpedic?

Am in need of a very firm mattress, have a Tempurpedic now and it's killing me. Going to look at Texas Mattress Makers as well.

Comment

We've had the Temperpedic mattress and spent 3k on it...after about 7 years on it, it started hurting my back and I was sleeping in a dang pot hole in it. Went to Denver matress and pick up a Spring mattress that came highly recommended on the Consumer Reports mag I get monthly. Spent 700$ and now sleep like a baby...good ole medium firmness for me. Best 700$ I"ve spent on a mattress yet. No more Temperpedics for us!
                            the mattress has something to do with a Dr's recommendation. Can't remember the model though.

Comment

We bought a Purple and didn't like it. Returned it and got a Zinus for less than half the price of a Purple. We like it a lot.

I also have a problem walking around in a dept. store, but it's unrelated......

Comment

Working...
                              X