All in the Family and the Jeffersons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All in the Family and the Jeffersons

I just saw there is a new version of these shows coming on tomorrow night. It's gonna be live in front of a studio audience like they did it back then. This is the first I've heard of it. I know I watched the heck out of both of those shows back in the day. I have almost zero hope for the 2019 politically correct version to be any good. I'm at least gonna record it. Maybe I will be surprised. Anyone else gonna check it out? Did y'all watch the originals?

Archie[emoji16]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Jimmy Kimmel is involved with this project, I am sure it will be far left propaganda disguised as a two throwback politically in correct classic sitcoms. I hate that he has turned into such a tool because I used to love the Man Show.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        I just saw there is a new version of these shows coming on tomorrow night. It's gonna be live in front of a studio audience like they did it back then. This is the first I've heard of it. I know I watched the heck out of both of those shows back in the day. I have almost zero hope for the 2019 politically correct version to be any good. I'm at least gonna record it. Maybe I will be surprised. Anyone else gonna check it out? Did y'all watch the originals?
        On a regular basis.

Comment

I watched them both. I loved the Jeffersons. Used to watch them after the news too for years after they did their last show. All in the Family was good too but I never went looking for it..

Gonna be weird watching them in PC... they non PC parts were the funniest lines in both shows.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
            Jimmy Kimmel is involved with this project, I am sure it will be far left propaganda disguised as a two throwback politically in correct classic sitcoms. I hate that he has turned into such a tool because I used to love the Man Show.
            A lot of these shows made fun of various nationalities. None more than Fred G Sanford. He loved to rag on Jews, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, and honkies. That was a great show also. Politics have robbed us of fun and humor.

Comment

Some things just need to be left alone...

Comment

Really? Will see how the normal news outlets critique the shows...........

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post

Yes Sir!!!!

I would have most likely been banned for the comment I was about to make

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                    Agreed. I don't see how they can do these shows any justice. I loved the Archie Bunker character. I watched way more episodes of the Jeffersons than I did of All in the family. I do miss the days when everyone wasn't so offended and people could laugh at our differences

Comment

I doubt it's going to be anything like the originals.

just like anything else these days; make the ol' white guy the punching bag.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what name is used instead of "meathead". I may have to record them to see how they twist the shows for the PC crowd.

Comment

I no this is not what your talking about but I loved me some Sanford and son

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Where are these shows gonna be ?

Comment

Anything would be better than those singing competition shows, ( AI, voice, USA can dance, dance of stars, X factor ) , those shows should be moved to replace jimmy kimmel, and jimmy fallen , ect time slots, “ I despise every self righteous liberal blow hard who is on late night tv “ and would rather take a hammer to my thumb then watch Saturday night live

Comment

Working...
                              X