No announcement yet.

great read ... Pharmacist's actions shut down Pain Mgmt clinic after son dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family member with an incurable disease has had so many Opiates given by Doctors and PM folks (with very little observation) and doses usually given to those in last moments of life which was not needed best I could discern. Now nothing even works. She is very close to me and I have watched large doses of morphine, fentinal and more given intravenous and she does not blink an eye. Her veins are scarred and hard so that is a nightmare when she ends up in the hospital fairly often. I even carried her to a clinic to wean off, than the PMs just started it up again. I am very ticked. I realize Many Excellent folks in the medical fields exist but why is this so out of control? I do NOT use weed but wish to heck we would wake up to its true medical use. It can help to lesson use of Opiates. Not recreational, Medical and distributed by trained Pros for real patients in need. Cmon!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      Bump for those wanting to watch a good documentary about ... Justice for Danny
      Blake can't believe I missed this. Will watch tomorrow.

Another Dr has offered me Oxy for my neck pain and I told him no....

Looking into neck Doctors in town.........

Comment

I was a pharmacist for 20 years and saw it all. Saw a lot of addiction and destruction in that time. Very sad.

Comment

Addicts come in all forms and have many different demons. I see the destruction that OTC & illegal drugs have caused in my extended family and cannot have any mercy for drug dealers. The don’t want me on their jury. Death dealers deserve the same fate that awaits their buyers.

Drugs scar even the family members that never touched or sold it. Shame at what your relative did is hard to hide. Blake, you are my hero. Continue the Good Fight my friend.

Comment

We just started watching this, a few minutes ago, then this story pops up.

Comment

Just started watching the series!

Comment

Tagged . Gonna read it later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Watched the whole thing yesterday!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Incredible documentary and definitely worth watching. Mr Schneider recording every single conversation was brilliant.

I grew up in NOLA and know those areas well. What is more amazing is that Dan’s house is located at ground zero where Hurricane Katrina impacted St. Bernard Parish in 2005. Every house had 10+ feet of water and severe damages. Miraculous all that evidence survived and was not destroyed

Comment

I just finished the fourth episode. Great documentary. Very determined man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        Bump for those wanting to watch a good documentary about ... Justice for Danny
                        Search Netflix for The Parish
                        It's The Phamacist. I know you know. Just trying to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          It's The Pharmacist. I know you know. Just trying to help others.
                          Thx brother as I had a brain fart , appreciate the correction …. the trailer was called The Parish , the Netflix doc is The Pharmacist

I'm going to ramble on a bit as it's definitely a small world when it comes to Mr. Schneider's story about his son Danny. I'm very familiar with the lower 9th ward and where the murder occurred. Been there hundreds of times when it was much safer. My brother attended Holy Cross Catholic School from 1984-1989 which has been around since 1865 (Civil War era). It was one of the first boarding school in America and I believe the 2nd oldest Catholic high school in America. HC is 1 block from Forstall and Dauphine (crime scene).

My great Aunt Laurentine Ernst lived around the corner from HC school and 1 block from the Mississippi River. As a young kid in the 1970's, I remember visiting Aunt Teen, sliding down the levee on cardboard, and throwing oyster shells watching them skip across the river. Aunt Teen's favorite beverage was Miller Ponies and her address was 829 Jourdan Ave. I distinctly remember her address since she would mail me birthday and Christmas cards. She was a librarian and community activist who taught young neighborhood kids piano lessons for free, taught reading lessons, maintained a clean neutral ground area on St. Claude Ave., and started a garden where local residents could plant row crops. (see pic below)

In the 1950's through late 1970's, that area was predominantly white. As St. Bernard Parish began expanding south, the locals moved out and inner city black families moved into the area. I was never scared visiting Aunt Teen in the 1980's but things got real scary in the 1990's once crack and drugs gangs started taking over the 9th ward. Aunt Teen was the only white person living in that area and she was a widow. The local community respected her enough that no one messed with her.

Watching part 2 of the documentary, they showed Jefferey Hall's mug shot and personal information from his arrest. Jefferey was 15 yrs old at the time and lived at 827 Jourdan Ave., right next door to Aunt Teen. She lived there until August 2005 when Katrina forced her to evacuate. She and my grandmother Lorraine (Teen's sister) lived with me and my family in Lafayette for several weeks until we could find nursing homes for them since they were 85 and 87 yrs old respectively. Aunt Teen would have been 100 yrs old today, as she passed away in 2011. Amazing how you can see certain things today that take you back to your childhood when times were so innocent.

Aunt Teen's honorary garden which is still used today by the locals who live near Forstall, Dauphine, Jourdan, and nearby streets.
                          Last edited by Cajun Blake; 02-06-2020, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Finally got to watch the series. That pharmacist is a true hero. Purdue pharmaceutical murdered so many innocent people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                              Finally got to watch the series. That pharmacist is a true hero. Purdue pharmaceutical murdered so many innocent people.
                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I just finished also. Purdue made billions off killing people and lying about it not being addictive. Cleggett made millions too. How they didn't bust her sooner is beyond me. She basically got what was coming to her in that wreck... Schneider is an American hero for sure. Dude was resilient!

Comment

I read this awhile back.Dude had real guts.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X