This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    McIvor? Texas, foolishly in my opinion, did not offer him a scholarship.
    Maverick McIvor's mom is a Texas Tech Graduate. Not sure that had anything to do with him not going to Texas. Another TH brain fart?

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
      Maverick McIvor's mom is a Texas Tech Graduate. Not sure that had anything to do with him not going to Texas. Another TH brain fart?
      No. Texas has several top QB's coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
        Yes. Have heard some interesting stories about Herman from his daddy.
        Yeah. I got to meet Rick and Maverick when Rick was running the guide operation at the 06. Maverick was probably 10 or 11 and he came out to camp to throw to his dad. Kid had a gun even back then.

I was a little too young to remember Rick at Texas, but he was one of my dad’s favorite players there ever. He was pretty jealous that I was mule deer hunting already when I called him to tell him Rick McIvor was there that multiplied by 10.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
          Not much to criticize Herman on in recruiting except for maybe WR, but I thought Texas needed a second QB and with Kingsbury leaving McIvor seemed like a great prospect to circle back on.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            CB, I said this awhile back, how many coaches have been to LSU. People were talking about LSU rebuilding and how the Tigers are gonna be down, blah, blah, blah. It is a common thing at LSU and speaks volumes about their program. Just another day in Baton Rouge.

Good tidbit by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              Not much to criticize Herman on in recruiting except for maybe WR, but I thought Texas needed a second QB and with Kingsbury leaving McIvor seemed like a great prospect to circle back on.

QB recruiting / roster management is the one of the most difficult things a HFC does. The transfer portal has just made it more stupid. There are not a lot of elite QB1s that want a QB2 in the class. It’s crazy Texas has two elite QB1s in this class.

Comment

And an elite RB1. Small but very talented class. I'd say Herman has done an amazing job with this class given the coaching changes. A couple more big one's expected to join at other positions.
                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-29-2020, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  CB, I said this awhile back, how many coaches have been to LSU. People were talking about LSU rebuilding and how the Tigers are gonna be down, blah, blah, blah. It is a common thing at LSU and speaks volumes about their program. Just another day in Baton Rouge.

Good tidbit by the way.
                  Several weeks ago was the 40th anniversary of Bo Rein’s tragic passing. Cabin pressurization (i.e. Payne Stewart) as his plane left Shreveport and crashed into the Atlantic Ocean, wreckage and bodies were never found. He was LSU’s HC for 42 days and never coached a game. One of the only times I remember seeing my grandfather cry. Bo was just 34 yrs old and previously coached with Woody Hayes, Lou Holtz, Monte Kiffin, and Pete Carroll - Tiger fans will always question “what could have been ?”

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Tht has been a huge issue for Texas the last few years. Juniors going to the draft and then getting drafted in the late rounds or not at all. They would have had more success recently had those fools stayed another year. Lil Jordan would have been a major help this year with Johnson missing so many games.
                    Its plaguing us in Aggieland too. I don't know who is giving these kids the advice (draft grades) but many of them don't get drafted and wash out. Look at a team like Clemson. **** they are good at keeping first round and second round juniors to come back for their senior year. Travis Etienne is the best example this year.
                    Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 01-29-2020, 09:44 PM.

Comment

2020 College Football - Off Season Discussion

Portal strikes again. UT’s attrition in that #3 class of 2019 continues. Ouch.

Comment

2020 College Football - Off Season Discussion

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

TexAgs must have a thread on a backup JuCo LB with that posted word for word for you to regurgitate. [emoji23]

He provided depth. Yes we need all need depth but it’s not like Kyler Murray, Kyle Allen or one of our top RBs transferred at the same time or anything.
                        Last edited by Smart; 01-30-2020, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                          Several weeks ago was the 40th anniversary of Bo Rein’s tragic passing. Cabin pressurization (i.e. Payne Stewart) as his plane left Shreveport and crashed into the Atlantic Ocean, wreckage and bodies were never found. He was LSU’s HC for 42 days and never coached a game. One of the only times I remember seeing my grandfather cry. Bo was just 34 yrs old and previously coached with Woody Hayes, Lou Holtz, Monte Kiffin, and Pete Carroll - Tiger fans will always question “what could have been ?”
                          I remember it like yesterday. Listening to the morning news on an old AM radio in the kitchen as KALB in Alexandria broke in with the broadcast of the tragedy. He never coached a game for LSU. But, Tiger fans fell in love with him as soon as he was hired.
                          Last edited by Bayouboy; 01-30-2020, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Lol. 5:24am..... Wake up and run to TBH to post about Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              Lol. 5:24am..... Wake up and run to TBH to post about Texas.
                              The road goes on forever and the party never ends . .

#fillthepipeline

Comment

Disgruntled JUCO transfer? Kid couldn't stop bitching and whining to find his own way! I'm sure you saw the whiteboard message to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X