Colorado drop camp outfitter ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado drop camp outfitter ?

We are looking for an outfitter that will pack us in to their set up camps in wilderness areas without masses of people.
    We are looking for seriously remote backcountry hunt.
    Please let me know of any outfitters y’all would recommend.
    I’m tired of doing the OTC walk in with everyone else.
    Don’t want guided just camp in the right location.
    Thanks in advance.
    Your friend “D”

Not sure if they have areas that far in where other hunters wont just walk in and still be hunting close to you.

Comment

People will still be back where ever you get set up. At that point you are kind of stuck with them. Might not be an issue if Colorado starts to place caps on OTC Units.

Comment

We packed 6 miles in on foot and found some guys with a outfitter. If it looks good on a map someone will be there I promise. I know a outfitter that will pack you in and his are on average of 5 miles some a little further some not. It depends on what season you want to hunt and what unit your looking to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Going to depend on what unit you prefer. For a drop camp I would just find the unit you plan to hunt, then look up the surrounding outfitters. Like mentioned above, everyone has maps these days and can find good ground. Outfitters will get you further out, but you will be hunting with people if your in a good spot. We haul horses and pack a little further than the drop camps.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
            We are looking for an outfitter that will pack us in to their set up camps in wilderness areas without masses of people.
            We are looking for seriously remote backcountry hunt.
            Please let me know of any outfitters y’all would recommend.
            I’m tired of doing the OTC walk in with everyone else.
            Don’t want guided just camp in the right location.
            Thanks in advance.
            Your friend “D”
            Samuelson Outfitters are experienced hunters, specializing in guided elk hunting trips in Troublesome Basin CO. Contact us to help outfit you for your next adventure in the wild!

Great people have hunted with them several times.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
              http://www.samuelsonoutfitters.com/

Great people have hunted with them several times.
              Yeah this is what I’m looking for.
              I understand hunting public means your not guaranteed to be alone!
              I’ve been 6-8 miles and got out of the pumpkin patch before.
              Just looking for recommendations not advice on how many people I will encounter.
              Surely someone knows of an outfitter that can take a group of guys into the real areas that aren’t covered by the orange army.
              Maybe 10 miles or more.
              I understand you can always encounter other hunters but we all know the further back the fewer hunters.
              Why I’m looking for a remote deep wilderness hunt.
              Thanks again for any info.

Comment

Check out Jon Sund @ Eagle Mtn Outfitters in Gunnison

Comment

A little off topic. Saw this on one of the links.

Why would anyone ever buy a bull tag if either sex is cheaper?

Hunting License Rates for Non-Residents: Bull Elk – $626.00 Cow Elk – $466.00 Either Sex – $586.00

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                    Check out Jon Sund @ Eagle Mtn Outfitters in Gunnison

http://www.eaglemountainoutfitters.com
                    When are we going?

Comment

I'm planning a fully guided hunt this year but can't afford to do it every year.

This group recommended on another thread for guided private land NM hunts.

Turns out they do anything from fully guided to drop camp hunts in southern Colorado as well. Just what I'll be looking for in the future.

Guided Fishing in Chama, Northern New Mexico with Fishtail Ranch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not sure there is any seriously remote areas in Colorado.
                        You'll have to move further North into Idaho & Montana to find that.

Comment

Following

Comment

I think guys are better off going diy than drop camp.. lol Those drop camp outfitters just take you on a long pony ride

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                              I think guys are better off going diy than drop camp.. lol Those drop camp outfitters just take you on a long pony ride
                              Wise words

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X