Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y'all don't forget to get your Flu Shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu shot makes most people get the flu. They offer em at work every year. Every year half of em are sick as dogs the next day. Been watching it for decades. Children maybe. Healthy adults, hell no. Big pharm is riding you good. Elderly? Well if you are so old and sick that a bad cold is gonna take you out; it’s probably your time to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Is there any actual evidence that flu shots help?

I talk to people every year who got the shot, and got the flu at some point. Some who got the shot and didn't get the flu, some who didn't get the shot and got the flu, and some who got neither......and it always seems like an even split.

I've never had the flu I don't guess, I've got the shot a few years, but usually don't....

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
      I know there are a lot of thoughts on vaccines on this forum. As someone in health care I highly recommend getting the flu vaccine every year. There is a ton of evidence that they decrease infections as well as the severity of infections. All you have to do is look and the evidence is out there. It tends to benefit the most susceptible in a population (younger, older, immune compromised, pregnant women). Also, if you get the vaccine you can help stop the spread to your loved ones/co-workers etc. Yes, sometimes the vaccine is not a good match for the circulating strain but that is often a 'best guess' based on strains in other parts of the world prior to our season. Even when it's not a great match you can still get some benefit by lessening the severity of the disease. The harm of the flu vaccine is almost zero.

Let the comments flow...

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
        Guillain-Barre Syndrome isn’t fear mongering. Especially when a loved one is in a wheel chair the rest of her life.

Fine print is there for a reason.
        Yes, you are correct. But that's why there is a risk with everything. Sorry to hear that happened to someone you know/love.

Comment

i got my first flu shot in over 20 years. wife and i are having our first kiddo.

Comment

plus a buddy of mine put it as succinctly as possible. he said, the flu shot isn't about you. it's about reducing your chances of becoming the carrier of a ticking time bomb for kids, elderly and the immuno-compromised.

Comment

Guillain-Barre Syndrome isn’t fear mongering. Especially when a loved one is in a wheel chair the rest of her life.

Fine print is there for a reason.
              Yep. I will never get a flu shot.

Comment

Ironic I know three that have gotten Guiillain-Barre, none that have died.

Speaking of a gamble, what percentage of those that died from the flu fell into high risk to begin with? Guiillain-Barre doesn’t have a high risk age segment
                I understand your view on it. There are several other factors associated with that disease.

Every year the topic comes up: the flu vaccine can cause Guillian-Barré syndrome (GBS), a rare, paralysing condition. The result is that people opt to brave the flu season without the shot, putting themselves, conversely, at a higher risk of GBS and complications from flu.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                  Flu shot makes most people get the flu. They offer em at work every year. Every year half of em are sick as dogs the next day. Been watching it for decades. Children maybe. Healthy adults, hell no. Big pharm is riding you good. Elderly? Well if you are so old and sick that a bad cold is gonna take you out; it’s probably your time to go.

Puff. Puff. Pass

Comment

if you haven't updated your Tetanus booster shot lately, do that instead. Flu shots are hit or miss, not that important to me.

Comment

A shot of Jim Beam or George Dickel will do me, thanks.....

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Puff. Puff. Pass

[emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg'13 View Post
                          A guy I work with almost lost his wife this year in bcs to the flu shot. Not just speculation but a diagnosis from her Dr. She is in her early 50's and could possibly never be 100% again. She went into ICU about a week after getting the shot with partial paralysis and other issues. She has now pulled through but is going from the hospital to an assisted living situation to rehab all of her motor skills. Needless to say I will not be joining those of you who are willing to take a voluntary needle!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                          same thing happened to my sister just about killed her and will never be the same and the **** shot is only 10% effective these vaccine companies should be held responsible for the damage that happens , oh but the government made it that you can’t sue for any damages caused by the vaccines

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg'13 View Post
                            A guy I work with almost lost his wife this year in bcs to the flu shot. Not just speculation but a diagnosis from her Dr. She is in her early 50's and could possibly never be 100% again. She went into ICU about a week after getting the shot with partial paralysis and other issues. She has now pulled through but is going from the hospital to an assisted living situation to rehab all of her motor skills. Needless to say I will not be joining those of you who are willing to take a voluntary needle!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                            Same thing happened to my friend's wife 2 years ago. Even now she can barely walk. Never had a flu shot and never will.

Comment

No to the flu shot, but I did get the shingles vaccination, after doing plenty of reading up on it, and after witnessing my SIL get shingles.

Comment

I always get one. I don’t care if it might not work. The flu sucks; as does the flu test....

Collection of Nasopharyngeal Specimens with the Swab Technique. H1N1 Influenza A Disease; Information for Health Professionals from the New England Journal o...

Comment

Working...
                                X