Anyone NOT like the Ruger american?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas660 View Post
    I have a 22-250 that will not feed reliably. I contacted Ruger and they sent me a new magazine and it does the same thing. Aftef doing some research on the interweb it seems it's a known issue with the 22-250. There are several things people have done that they claim fix's the issue. Ruger doesn't seem to have a fix, they just keep sending out magazines that do not work. Ive tried diffrent ammo and a couple of the online magazine hacks. The gun is fixing to get sent to Ruger to have them look at it, but from what i have read they put a new magazine in and say its fixed. Hopefully thats not the case and it gets fixed.
    I have a .17 hmr & 6.5 creedmoor they are great, no issues.
    Do yourself a favor and order a magazine for the 450 bushmaster for the 22-250. It’s single stack instead of rotary, way more rigid and functions flawlessly. Had the same issues with mine, after some research, I ordered one and now works great.

Comment

I hated mine in .308 so I went and bought a second one in .223 in the ruger ranch lol. They shoot really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What's wrong with the stocks?

Comment

I am a dyed in the wool Remington man but B-I-L has an American. The freaking thing will shoot and shoots really good for $400. I hate the cheap zytel stocks and if the bolt gets bumped 1/16" the gun will fail to fire. It took a while to diagnose and was pretty annoying. I hate value guns but then again I have been told many times that I am a gun snob.

I guess to sum it up....it's a gun I hate to love. Probably the best starter rifle on the market when paired with 6.5 cm cartridge.
          Last edited by Jon B; 12-27-2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
            Not sure how many I have and they are ALL shooters. I love this rifle because of the way that I hunt. I don't sit in a blind and rarely shoot from a high rack. I prefer to spot and stalk and walk to make a call and then back to the truck. I am hard on equipment and these guns are great for what I do.
            Adios,
            Gary
            Yeah I’m the same boat as you. I absolutely hate carrying my heavy AR around.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
              What's wrong with the stocks?
              They are not very sturdy. Also it is supposed to be free floating but on most guns the front end of the stock is touching the barrel. I took my Dremmel to the front to create clearance. I dont have an issue with it because it is a $400 gun and the gun is light.

Comment

My two sons got the Magpul Hunter stocks for their 6.5’s. Extremely well designed and made. Night and day difference in how these rifles look and feel. I’m sure they’ll help them shoot even better.

Comment

What aftermarket stock are y’all putting on these RAR’s?

Comment

Love my 308. Killed a lot of deer with it. I love how light mine is with the synthetic stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Found out today Ruger did a crappy job threading my barrel. Caused my MD to be slightly canted which caused 2 small strikes on the end cap of my suppressor. Gunsmith said the thread job was horrible.

Comment

My 5.56 ranch shoots for crap if you put any load on the front of the stock. Sandbag it back by the magazine however, and it is a very good shooter. Need to identify the contact area an relieve the contact. Or replace the stock, then it may not fit the grandkids as well.

Comment

normal equipment

Comment

just picked one up for my GF son Trigger is not great sure you can clip it but the over travel is not great , stock well pure junk in my opinion . Will see how it shoots its a 6.5 have great ammo .

Myself am not a ruger fan due to the M77 never shooting worth a crap based on the several I had .

But for him if he can shoot MOA good enough . Price was right if it does not shoot its get sold easy enough

Comment

Junk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                                I am a dyed in the wool Remington man but B-I-L has an American. The freaking thing will shoot and shoots really good for $400. I hate the cheap zytel stocks and if the bolt gets bumped 1/16" the gun will fail to fire. It took a while to diagnose and was pretty annoying. I hate value guns but then again I have been told many times that I am a gun snob.

I guess to sum it up....it's a gun I hate to love. Probably the best starter rifle on the market when paired with 6.5 cm cartridge.
                                The Americans don't have the zytel stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X