No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven’t see him since June 29 on far end of property in my bean field. Then oil traffic moved in and scattered everything like a covey of quail. He grew a bunch since then. Same trail, goes to 3 plots. This is 40 yards from middle
    Attached Files

Comment

One of our new plots I designed on this place way too many turnips for my liking. Maybe we will have a super cold winter...all other plots are about right. I planted them separate because of size of seed. Lesson learned. This was @ 2 lbs per acre too dressed. I’ll do 3/4 next time if I even do them again. I hate them and see almost zero use typically from them. These are a forage variety and a new place... maybe these deer will like them
      Attached Files

Comment

Last time I had pics of the second buck was June 29th in one of the summer plots before it burnt up/ got ate to dirt
        Attached Files

Comment

Just have to be patient and wait till the time is right to hunt. I have zero summer pics of the 10pt on this property. Just a nice surprise
          Attached Files

Comment

.... but IF he did in fact survive... and I find him again, only he will do
            Attached Files

Comment

They love the turnips

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                They love the turnips
                I hope these deer do, lol they will be the first group of deer I’ve ever seen eat one if they do. I like them for the matter they put in ground and the break soil up great in this tight soil

They no doubt make a good looking plot, but utilization by deer has always sucked.. same as winter peas. Never once seen a deer eat one.... but they help with nitrogen so I use sparingly and if a deer want them they are there

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  I hope these deer do, lol they will be the first group of deer I’ve ever seen eat one if they do. I like them for the matter they put in ground and the break soil up great in this tight soil

They no doubt make a good looking plot, but utilization by deer has always sucked.. same as winter peas. Never once seen a deer eat one.... but they help with nitrogen so I use sparingly and if a deer want them they are there
                  Is it because it just doesn’t get cold enough here?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    Is it because it just doesn’t get cold enough here?
                    Always been my guess. Right or wrong

I saw ONE.....ONE deer in Throckmorton on last day of season a few years ago in the ice pull one up and chew on it ONCE lol.

Heck I pulled one up and ate it today and it was good....

Same with winter peas, I can grow them 3’ tall... nothing eats them. I tried them once and they were fine

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Appears hes now a 4 point. 2 weeks ago he was a decent 8. Guess he broke off fighting

Reckon he could be legal if theres a piece of main on that side. But hes getting a pass from us and most of the neighbors wont shoot him either. He got lucky and so did we. Prolly get another year out of him easier

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      Understood. Just wondered how the rulings would look at.

Comment

3 red pigs literally under my feet. I mean watching them thru the floor of my lock on. Nary an arrow sent

Who knew there was a 2 close for a bow hunter. &#>÷&@>;@^!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          3 red pigs literally under my feet. I mean watching them thru the floor of my lock on. Nary an arrow sent

Who knew there was a 2 close for a bow hunter. &#>÷&@>;@^!!!!

2 of my target does sauntered out to the feeder 1 minute after legal while I was packing up.

Comment

Opening weekend had a bunch of hogs coming in at different times last weekend and this evening nothing. Hopefully something comes out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Taylor
                              Ttt
                              I don't understand

Comment

Good luck this morning. I thought I’d be in the rain, but it’s not hitting here till 11-12.

Don’t forget your thermacell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X