Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2018, 07:22 PM   #151
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnkey View Post
You can hunt hogs with a shotgun anytime. Also deer can be hunted with a shotgun during the general season. Buckshot is allowed. I'm not sure if slugs are permitted.

Yes, slugs are permitted for deer and hogs. So are muzzzzzzle loaders/black powder rifles.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2018, 07:50 PM   #152
Froggy
Pope & Young
 
Froggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Decatur, Texas
Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Public land
Default

Hunter Orange is NOTrequired during archery season. Here's the Forest Supervisor's Order with the exceptions.

Caddo and Lyndon B. Johnson (LBJ) National Grasslands
General Prohibitions 08-13-08-12-15 Page 4

261.58(v) Hunting or accompanying a hunter during any permitted hunting season without wearing 400 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange, with a minimum of 144 square inches visible on both chest and back and daylight fluorescent headwear.

Exceptions: 1. When hunting turkey, migratory birds, fur-bearing animals
or predatory animals at night.
2. During archery season on Lyndon B. Johnson National Grassland.


Link: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...rdb5389544.pdf
Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2018, 07:56 PM   #153
IkemanTX
Eight Point
 
IkemanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Denton
Hunt In: Caddo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
Hunter Orange is NOTrequired during archery season. Here's the Forest Supervisor's Order with the exceptions.



Caddo and Lyndon B. Johnson (LBJ) National Grasslands

General Prohibitions 08-13-08-12-15 Page 4



261.58(v) Hunting or accompanying a hunter during any permitted hunting season without wearing 400 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange, with a minimum of 144 square inches visible on both chest and back and daylight fluorescent headwear.



Exceptions: 1. When hunting turkey, migratory birds, fur-bearing animals

or predatory animals at night.

2. During archery season on Lyndon B. Johnson National Grassland.




Link: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...rdb5389544.pdf


Nice!!! Thanks for the info!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2018, 08:01 PM   #154
Rich1201
Four Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Arlington, TX
Hunt In: LBJ Grasslands, Lamar county
Default

I knew there weren't that many people disregarding the rules. Never seen an orange vest during archery season lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Rich1201 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2018, 08:42 PM   #155
JB3
Spike
 
JB3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: LBJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1201 View Post
Good to know. Surprising though. Never seen an orange vest during bow season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yep, orange vest AND cap must be worn. No baiting allowed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
JB3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2018, 08:45 PM   #156
JB3
Spike
 
JB3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: LBJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnkey View Post
You can hunt hogs with a shotgun anytime. Also deer can be hunted with a shotgun during the general season. Buckshot is allowed. I'm not sure if slugs are permitted.
Slugs are legal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
JB3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2018, 09:27 PM   #157
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

Froggy, it won't be much longer and we can partake once again! "Back to the woods".


Name:  3 stooges loading.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  57.0 KB

Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-23-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2018, 09:34 PM   #158
Froggy
Pope & Young
 
Froggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Decatur, Texas
Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
Froggy, it won't be much longer and we can partake once again! "Back to the woods".


Attachment 925645


At least I'll be able to slap y'all and bump both your noggins together.
Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2018, 11:04 PM   #159
Turnkey
Spike
 
Turnkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
Hunter Orange is NOTrequired during archery season. Here's the Forest Supervisor's Order with the exceptions.

Caddo and Lyndon B. Johnson (LBJ) National Grasslands
General Prohibitions 08-13-08-12-15 Page 4

261.58(v) Hunting or accompanying a hunter during any permitted hunting season without wearing 400 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange, with a minimum of 144 square inches visible on both chest and back and daylight fluorescent headwear.

Exceptions: 1. When hunting turkey, migratory birds, fur-bearing animals
or predatory animals at night.
2. During archery season on Lyndon B. Johnson National Grassland.


Link: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...rdb5389544.pdf


Thanks for the correction. I wish all the regs were easier to find.
Turnkey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2018, 11:38 PM   #160
Huntindad
Pope & Young
 
Huntindad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander / Liberty Hill
Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
Yep, orange vest AND cap must be worn. No baiting allowed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
During archery hunts.. I think you can remove your orange after getting situated in blind. .
Huntindad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2018, 12:02 AM   #161
Gann434
Nubbin' Buck
 
Gann434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Rhome, Texas
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

First time post here. Finally getting into bow hunting this year for deer. Going to give the grasslands a try since they’re the closest public land to me and i can’t afford to sell a limb for a lease. I alpreciate all the knowledge and advice that is shared on this thread. I’ve currently got 4 cameras out at the grasslands and seeing decent deer on em but nothing great yet. Looking forward to see what this year has to offer!
Gann434 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2018, 12:12 AM   #162
Froggy
Pope & Young
 
Froggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Decatur, Texas
Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntindad View Post
During archery hunts.. I think you can remove your orange after getting situated in blind. .
See post 152. You do not have to wear orange during archery season at any time.

During the general gun season you do have to wear orange at all times even when in your stand/blind.
Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2018, 12:30 PM   #163
WCB
Pope & Young
 
WCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Grayson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
Froggy, it won't be much longer and we can partake once again! "Back to the woods".


Attachment 925645
I donít have enough hair to be Larry...
WCB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2018, 07:33 PM   #164
JB3
Spike
 
JB3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: LBJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
Hunter Orange is NOTrequired during archery season. Here's the Forest Supervisor's Order with the exceptions.

Caddo and Lyndon B. Johnson (LBJ) National Grasslands
General Prohibitions 08-13-08-12-15 Page 4

261.58(v) Hunting or accompanying a hunter during any permitted hunting season without wearing 400 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange, with a minimum of 144 square inches visible on both chest and back and daylight fluorescent headwear.

Exceptions: 1. When hunting turkey, migratory birds, fur-bearing animals
or predatory animals at night.
2. During archery season on Lyndon B. Johnson National Grassland.


Link: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...rdb5389544.pdf
Well i'll be... Thank you for the correct info.
Good to know. Still not sure how comfortable i am about not wearing orange on public land.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
JB3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2018, 08:18 PM   #165
jnd1959
Four Point
 
Join Date: May 2018
Default

The requirement for wearing orange in transit originates from ACE regulations I believe. I think it is also ACE rules that allow bow hunting without orange.. except when gun seasons are open. Since on many lands hogs can be hunted during bow season, the requirement basically means you would have to wear orange during any time except for turkey and migratory birds. I may be confusing ACE with some WMA rules but none of these apply to LBJ. The one that originally confused me was that you couldn't shoot does on USFS lands without a permit. But that applies to the forests in east Texas. LBJ AND CADDO are BLM.
jnd1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2018, 09:28 PM   #166
IkemanTX
Eight Point
 
IkemanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Denton
Hunt In: Caddo
Default

LBJ and Caddo are not BLM... they are USFS.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2018, 09:36 PM   #167
RShockley
Eight Point
 
RShockley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Public Lands
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnd1959 View Post
The requirement for wearing orange in transit originates from ACE regulations I believe. I think it is also ACE rules that allow bow hunting without orange.. except when gun seasons are open. Since on many lands hogs can be hunted during bow season, the requirement basically means you would have to wear orange during any time except for turkey and migratory birds. I may be confusing ACE with some WMA rules but none of these apply to LBJ. The one that originally confused me was that you couldn't shoot does on USFS lands without a permit. But that applies to the forests in east Texas. LBJ AND CADDO are BLM.
LBJ and Caddo are USFS lands. They do not do doe permits anymore. Instead the have doe days typically during thanksgiving weekend. You are also allowed to take doers during archery season. You also do not have to wear orange during archery season. During general season you will be required to wear orange even when bow hunting.
RShockley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2018, 11:32 PM   #168
jbhunting39
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Texas/Oklahoma
Default

Well if yíall see the bushes moving, it is just me going to my next spot. Instead of hiking in a bunch of stands and blinds (I mainly use a ghostblind) and crap this year. Itís gonna be my weapon, my ghillie and enough food and water to get me thru the sit. Will be able to go in deep this year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbhunting39 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 12:00 AM   #169
Jtaps
Four Point
 
Jtaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Irving
Hunt In: Hopefully your place
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShockley View Post
Going to get a few new cameras probably in the next few weeks. What do yall recommend that hurt the wallet to much just in case of theft but still works well enough to get the job done. They done have to take the best pics in the world. Just need something that with be clear enough to see what we got.
I see you finally joined
Jtaps is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 06:04 AM   #170
jnd1959
Four Point
 
Join Date: May 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShockley View Post
LBJ and Caddo are USFS lands. They do not do doe permits anymore. Instead the have doe days typically during thanksgiving weekend. You are also allowed to take doers during archery season. You also do not have to wear orange during archery season. During general season you will be required to wear orange even when bow hunting.
Thanks for correcting that. Not sure what I was thinking there but I'm glad I have that straight now. I went to the website, which I'd looked at early summer. Yep, USFS. I tried to edit the post to take out the incorrect information but I was too late. Was this BLM land back in the 60s?

I hate putting out bad information. That's what I get for working off memory instead of checking to make sure.

Last edited by jnd1959; 09-25-2018 at 06:17 AM.
jnd1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 08:46 AM   #171
IkemanTX
Eight Point
 
IkemanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Denton
Hunt In: Caddo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtaps View Post
I see you finally joined


I wonít use anything but browning dark ops...
They are a black flash, so if you hide them well and set them up away from normal traffic you stand a good chance of them never being stolen.
They arenít the cheapest, but the quality is way above the price point.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WPBXBDY..._d4IQBbH73Z9A1


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 08:47 AM   #172
IkemanTX
Eight Point
 
IkemanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Denton
Hunt In: Caddo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhunting39 View Post
Well if yíall see the bushes moving, it is just me going to my next spot. Instead of hiking in a bunch of stands and blinds (I mainly use a ghostblind) and crap this year. Itís gonna be my weapon, my ghillie and enough food and water to get me thru the sit. Will be able to go in deep this year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Iíve got an ASAT leafy suit and a all predators kill suit. I sometimes do the same thing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 08:59 AM   #173
dustin_mud
Four Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Default

How many do a all day sit? Never worked out at my familys ranch but never tried on public.
dustin_mud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 09:02 AM   #174
Kdurham
Eight Point
 
Kdurham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mansfield
Default

Lol. You guys are trying to hard. Just walk out. There are plenty of deer. Unless, you are looking for a monster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kdurham is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 09:03 AM   #175
IkemanTX
Eight Point
 
IkemanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Denton
Hunt In: Caddo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin_mud View Post
How many do a all day sit? Never worked out at my familys ranch but never tried on public.


I will at certain food sources.
If I have a single white oak, in good cover, dropping and basically all other oaks a void of acorns I will consider it. Same goes for persimmons, and sometimes even black locust pods.

Early season, when it is still hot, you can sometimes get a mid day visit to water if it is in good cover as well.

My more common strategy is to have a morning stand and an evening stand picked out that I can still hunt a couple hours between without messing up either setup.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 07:15 PM   #176
jbhunting39
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Texas/Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin_mud View Post
How many do a all day sit? Never worked out at my familys ranch but never tried on public.


I try to plan on 3-5 hours per sit or stalk, sometimes longer if the weather is nice.
I have made a declaration that I will harvest at least 50z% or more of the meat we consume next year instead of buying it from the store, so I may be in for some all day and all nighters to fill that quota lol. It should not be too hard. We eat/buy on average 5-10 lbs of meat a week from store.
52 weeks x 10=520 lbs of meat. Thatís 260 lbs on my hat to pull down next year. Very doable!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbhunting39 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 07:33 PM   #177
JB3
Spike
 
JB3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: LBJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkemanTX View Post
Iíve got an ASAT leafy suit and a all predators kill suit. I sometimes do the same thing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya'll are brave men. I guess i'm old n conservative. Every year some well camo'd hunter gets killed by an inexperienced, overly excited point n shoot hunter. Last year, a kid up North got shot sitting in a tree stand. Mind boggling! I'll be lit up like a flourescent pumpkin on the way in and will don the cap 24/7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
JB3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 07:38 PM   #178
IkemanTX
Eight Point
 
IkemanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Denton
Hunt In: Caddo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
Ya'll are brave men. I guess i'm old n conservative. Every year some well camo'd hunter gets killed by an inexperienced, overly excited point n shoot hunter. Last year, a kid up North got shot sitting in a tree stand. Mind boggling! I'll be lit up like a flourescent pumpkin on the way in and will don the cap 24/7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk


Thereís a benefit to hiking in further than other people are willing to. I like getting way on out there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 08:48 PM   #179
jbhunting39
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Texas/Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkemanTX View Post
Thereís a benefit to hiking in further than other people are willing to. I like getting way on out there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Same here. It usually only takes the 1st 100-300 yards from the access point before you start leaving everyone behind.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbhunting39 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 08:52 PM   #180
jbhunting39
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Texas/Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
Ya'll are brave men. I guess i'm old n conservative. Every year some well camo'd hunter gets killed by an inexperienced, overly excited point n shoot hunter. Last year, a kid up North got shot sitting in a tree stand. Mind boggling! I'll be lit up like a flourescent pumpkin on the way in and will don the cap 24/7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk


I am pretty good about wearing my orange unless I know no one else is around. I work for myself so I get to go a lot during the week. A lot of times I am by myself out there unless someone goes with me.
Deer do not have red cones in Their eyes anyway. Orange is in the red light spectrum. They see in the green and blue spectrum way better. Early morning and late evening are when the blue light spectrum is the strongest hence they move better then becuz they can see and are crepuscular animals.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbhunting39 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2018, 09:23 PM   #181
JB3
Spike
 
JB3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: LBJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhunting39 View Post
I am pretty good about wearing my orange unless I know no one else is around. I work for myself so I get to go a lot during the week. A lot of times I am by myself out there unless someone goes with me.
Deer do not have red cones in Their eyes anyway. Orange is in the red light spectrum. They see in the green and blue spectrum way better. Early morning and late evening are when the blue light spectrum is the strongest hence they move better then becuz they can see and are crepuscular animals.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No doubt; Mon - Fri is a great time to hunt public land.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
JB3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2018, 08:07 AM   #182
jnd1959
Four Point
 
Join Date: May 2018
Default

I think the confusion on wearing orange arises from the NFGT hunting guide. It does not show an exception for LBJ grasslands during bow season. The actual order, see Froggy's reference above, does have that exception and takes precedence. If you are looking at the NFGT hunting guide, it is incorrect.

We will be out Saturday morning but our move to site B has put us behind the curve. We're going to set up where we have cameras and lots of hog sign then take stock of what else and who else are out there.
jnd1959 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 09:27 AM   #183
hogman$
Six Point
 
hogman$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seminole
Hunt In: West texas
Default

I have hunted the grasslands for a few years now but never opening weekend before but will this year what time do you or see others pull into the parking lots normally Iím guessing earlier these days


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hogman$ is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 09:38 AM   #184
IkemanTX
Eight Point
 
IkemanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Denton
Hunt In: Caddo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
No doubt; Mon - Fri is a great time to hunt public land.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk


I would alter that and say Tue-Fri as far as more consistent/pattern-able movement. Mondayís are still pretty shot from all the deer being bumped and/or smelling guys all over the woods.

Sometimes, though, weekends can be awesome too. Sitting in a spot where you suspect guys to bump deer out of bedding on their mid morning exit out can work well too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 10:20 PM   #185
jbhunting39
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Texas/Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkemanTX View Post
I would alter that and say Tue-Fri as far as more consistent/pattern-able movement. Mondayís are still pretty shot from all the deer being bumped and/or smelling guys all over the woods.

Sometimes, though, weekends can be awesome too. Sitting in a spot where you suspect guys to bump deer out of bedding on their mid morning exit out can work well too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Great, because I just freed up Tues & Weds of next week by moving some jobs around. I also have Sat afternoon and Sunday open and a new crossbow coming in tomorrow. Something gonna get stuck in the next 6 days.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbhunting39 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2018, 10:27 PM   #186
Kdurham
Eight Point
 
Kdurham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mansfield
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhunting39 View Post
Great, because I just freed up Tues & Weds of next week by moving some jobs around. I also have Sat afternoon and Sunday open and a new crossbow coming in tomorrow. Something gonna get stuck in the next 6 days.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I have a meeting till 3:20 Tuesday and was gonna head up. If you get in a jam let me know. Iíll be on 41


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kdurham is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2018, 10:13 PM   #187
troy_w_7
Eight Point
 
troy_w_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lewisville, TX
Hunt In: North TX Public Land
Default

Good luck tomorrow boys!
troy_w_7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2018, 10:15 PM   #188
Kdurham
Eight Point
 
Kdurham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mansfield
Default

I have to miss it. Guard drill 3 weekends in a row. Hopefully Sunday, but for sure Tuesday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kdurham is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 10:48 AM   #189
hogman$
Six Point
 
hogman$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seminole
Hunt In: West texas
Default

Any blood trackers on here ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hogman$ is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 11:04 AM   #190
IkemanTX
Eight Point
 
IkemanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Denton
Hunt In: Caddo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogman$ View Post
Any blood trackers on here ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I think there is a blood tracking thread on here somewhere. Might get better responses there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 12:06 PM   #191
Bad2TheBone
Four Point
 
Bad2TheBone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Woods
Default

Froggy I believe has a dog
Bad2TheBone is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 03:09 PM   #192
troy_w_7
Eight Point
 
troy_w_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lewisville, TX
Hunt In: North TX Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogman$ View Post
Any blood trackers on here ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you shoot? Find it?
troy_w_7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 03:17 PM   #193
dustin_mud
Four Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Default

Sure hope the evening hunt goes better. About 30mins before light guys were walking all around with bright flashlights looking for a place to set up, then about a hour after first light had the law pull up into the field I was hunting. He wanted to check my license and asked if I knew those guys I seen earlier, they set up about 300 yards from me and were using bait. Guess they took off when they seen the truck coming.
dustin_mud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 03:19 PM   #194
IkemanTX
Eight Point
 
IkemanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Denton
Hunt In: Caddo
Default

^^^^ this is why I wonít hunt within a mile of an access location... I havenít seen another hunter from my setup yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #195
dustin_mud
Four Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Default

More upset with the law, I know it’s his job but **** opening morning at first light?! I was trying to be smart a chose a very small piece of land fare away from the rest but looks like I wasn’t the only one thinking that.
dustin_mud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 03:25 PM   #196
hogman$
Six Point
 
hogman$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seminole
Hunt In: West texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy_w_7 View Post
What did you shoot? Find it?


Shot a doe looked for 3 hours but nothing


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hogman$ is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 05:49 PM   #197
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogman$ View Post
Shot a doe looked for 3 hours but nothing


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can check to see if someone is "on duty" if you like.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 05:50 PM   #198
jbhunting39
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Texas/Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin_mud View Post
More upset with the law, I know itís his job but **** opening morning at first light?! I was trying to be smart a chose a very small piece of land fare away from the rest but looks like I wasnít the only one thinking that.


They did that to us opening day of dove season. 1st time since I started hunting as I kid I have ever gotten checked. Drove right up to our set in the middle of the field. I was pretty pist to say the least and was not cordial to them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbhunting39 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 05:50 PM   #199
Jsmith_FO01
Nubbin' Buck
 
Jsmith_FO01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

Saw one smaller buck this morning, he came into about 15 yards. Nothing else. Hopefully the evening comes more alive.
Jsmith_FO01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 06:43 PM   #200
Blood Trail
Pope & Young
 
Blood Trail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: where the manicorn hunts....
Default

Iím available to help track.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blood Trail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com