Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-09-2018, 01:22 PM   #51
rjtkdplus
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Everywhere I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinguy View Post
If it is legal and makes you happy go for it. Everyone has different ambitions no need to push your agenda on someone else.
rjtkdplus is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 01:34 PM   #52
smokeless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano

He never said he would ridicule an adult. Did he ??
smokeless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #53
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeless View Post
He said he would never ridicule a child. Nothing about an adult.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #54
lordvader
Spike

I agree with you 100%. I'm not a rich man, and unlike these so called hunters, I hunt for meat. There are a lot of people, so called hunters, who hunt for horns. If a small buck or doe comes my way, and it is legal to take, then it's mine. And I really don't care what anybody thinks. I think many people have lost what hunting is about. To me its about going out with friends and family and enjoy the outdoors, and provide meat for the table. So if I am hunting near you, and you decide to let a buck go because you think it will be a better buck next year, then it will be your loss and my gain, because if it is legal to take, I will definitely be enjoying the meat it provides, and you can go and enjoy your bologna sandwich while daydreaming about the one that may have been.
lordvader is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 02:18 PM   #55
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

I got a couple to add to the list.....

It's called Facebook....calling it "The book of faces" is stupid.....you're actually making the title longer to try to sound cool.

Men over the age of 17 need to stop using the term "haters". Actually, they should never have started....but here we are, so quit! It makes you sound ignorant.

I'll think of another one in a minute...

Oh yeah, stop telling your friends who aren't on facebook, about all the dumb **** on facebook. This is why we don't have Facebook.....because we don't want to know which adult is acting like a 14 year old today.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-09-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 02:38 PM   #56
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I got a couple to add to the list.....

It's called Facebook....calling it "The book of faces" is stupid.....you're actually making the title longer to try to sound cool.

Men over the age of 17 need to stop using the term "haters". Actually, they should never have started....but here we are, so quit! It makes you sound ignorant.

I'll think of another one in a minute...
LOL, I'm long past trying to sound cool, trust me. You however will never apparently grow out of the pot stirring stage.
BowSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #57
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
LOL, I'm long past trying to sound cool, trust me. You however will never apparently grow out of the pot stirring stage.
I'm not stirring anything, I thought we were ranting about Facebook on Texasbowhunter here......are we not?
Old 11-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #58
eliteweldingco
Ten Point

Hunt In: grayson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
Each circumstance is different. But there is no way I'd ridicule a child for shooting a legal deer of any size.
How I feel. Grown *** men should be ashamed, they were once young and inexperienced.
eliteweldingco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 02:43 PM   #59
castlegaphunter
Six Point

Hunt In: Upton, Crane County

Who cares
castlegaphunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #60
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Technically it is possible to harvest a deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smart? Care to rebuttle?
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 02:48 PM   #61
Bucksaw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jacksonville, Jasper, or Wherever Im invited

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
I think the point he is trying to make is, you shouldn't ridicule a young person (as stated in the OP), but that you shouldn't ridicule an adult either for that matter.

We have people like this on one of my leases, and I know that these same people who will tell you he needed another year would have pulled the trigger on that same buck if given the opportunity. I think that a lot of the ridicule comes not only from antler elitists, but also from jealous folks who havent made a kill (or both). I also believe that a child should be allowed to work up in size. My first buck was pre-AR rules, and looking back now I kinda cringe to see the pictures of how small the deer was, but then I remember the emotion accompanied with the kill, and that is the most important part. I have progressively worked up in my size of antlers as I have gotten older, and have passed on deer recently that I would have no problem whacking in the past. Just a personal choice for sure, but I have the luxury of that choice. Granted, I cannot pass on a decent 3 1/2 year old bucks because of where I hunt because the odds of one hitting the 5-6 year range that some people consider mature is almost unheard of. Like others have said, each situation is unique, and anyone who would begrudge another hunter a kill is just an A-hole anyway.
Bucksaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #62
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
I'm not stirring anything, I thought we were ranting about Facebook on Texasbowhunter here......are we not?
No sir, At least I'm not. I was ranting about "hunters" trying to dictate what others shoot. It happens here more than FB.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:08 PM   #63
Razorback01
Pope & Young

Hunt In: where my Elite takes me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
I seen this on FB and I agree with it.

We're all guilty of it. We see a hunter with mismatched camo with an old single-shot 12-gauge. And he's sporting his deer he just harvested on the back of his old truck. It's a doe or more than likely a smaller buck. But he's happy, and grinning from ear-to-ear like he just killed the new world record! So you laugh and joke with your buddies as he goes by. While leaning against your brand new truck, in your name brand matching camo. But have you ever stopped to think that maybe the deer on the back of his truck means a lot more to him than just big antlers.... maybe he's a third shift blue collar worker at the local steel mill, just trying to pay his bills and keep gas in his old truck. Maybe he don't have the fancy game cameras and big food plots that you have. Or the big fancy hunting blinds, that cost more than his old truck. Maybe he's happy because he finally didn't have to work this weekend. So he decided to go hunting on the little piece of land that he's hunted since he was a boy, with the gun that his dad gave him when he turned 12 years old. More than likely he's not hunting to kill the next World Record. He could care less about the antlers. But what he does care about is putting food on the table for his family at home, and knowing that they're going to eat good for now. And that my friends will put a smile on any true sportsmans face. So good luck to all the hunters out there with the rest of your season. Just remember this, support each other and be happy for each other, no matter how big their harvest is, because to some folks it means a lot more then the size of the antlers.

Original author

Joey Bruce
Owner / President of
SAD DADDY HUNTING BLINDS.
The post by skinny butt girl made my day.

Growing up in Arkansas, the "deer woods" were a free place to hunt courtesy of IP and GP. In the 1970's they started leasing for $. Most of the guys on the lease HAD to get meat from the lease fees, back then it was @$100 per year. These were loggers, mechanics, dirtballs, etc that probably put change in a jar all year to cover their portion on the lease.

They had more in Walkers and Beagles than they had in the lease, the main objective was to put meat in the freezer for the family. Days were spent running dogs, evenings were spent checking neighboring camps for dogs. I later learned the check dogs trip was for a beer/adult drink as the camp was no alcohol.

Back then deer season was 2 weeks, a week mid November, and another week around Thanksgiving with an every other week Thanksgiving be a doe weekend.

Camo, what camo, those were work clothes. The blinds I sat in were 2x4s and 55 gal drums nailed in trees. Trucks were old trucks the guys fixed up, the highlight of the day was seeing who would get stuck in the Saline river bottoms between Leola, Farindale, and Jenkins Ferry. Better yet, who could pull them out.

A deer was a deer, and it went into the cooler. They hired local women to come to camp and cook, and it was durn good.

We did have a cooler, and most of the guys were employees of Arkansas Power and Light, so we did have electricity. I did go pump the handle for water for the cooks. We had to move the crapper each year, and we all attended the funerals as the members passed. There were two rows of dog pens, keep em fed and watered.

Shotguns were more common than rifles, squirrels were more abundant than deer, nothing like shooting an accurate 22 with squirrels.

Landmarks were the fork in the road, river split, low water bridge, upper and lower horseshoe pond, beaver pond.

Sorry to digress, but those were good days.
Razorback01 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 03:26 PM   #64
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Quote:
Each circumstance is different. But there is no way I'd ridicule a child for shooting a legal deer of any size.
Quote:
Why would you ridicule an adult?

If he followed lease rules, and the law then there's no issue
Quote:
Read first sentence.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Quote:
I did. Can you give me an example of why an adult should be ridiculed? If you read my post, I also said if he followed lease rules, and it's legal why ridicule anyone regardless of age?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post

I'm not trying to pick on Mexico. I was just curious about his comment, and looking for clarification. He specifically said he wouldn't ridicule a child for shooting a legal deer. The fact that he said he wouldn't do it to a child made me wonder if he would ridicule an adult for killing a legal deer. If so, then I was wondering why? What circumstance would justify it?

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 11-09-2018 at 03:29 PM.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 03:30 PM   #65
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
I'm not trying to pick on Mexico. I was just curious about his comment, and looking for clarification. He specifically said he wouldn't ridicule a child for shooting a legal deer. The fact that he said he wouldn't do it to a child made me wonder if he would ridicule an adult for killing a legal deer. If so, then I was wondering why?

Heís ridiculed me personally on this forum for our management practices. Itís a property he has zero knowledge of but has a better management plan for than the group of guys that hunt it every year.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:30 PM   #66
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:
And you would ridicule an adult for the same?
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #67
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

Quote:
I'm not trying to pick on Mexico. I was just curious about his comment, and looking for clarification. He specifically said he wouldn't ridicule a child for shooting a legal deer. The fact that he said he wouldn't do it to a child made me wonder if he would ridicule an adult for killing a legal deer. If so, then I was wondering why? What circumstance would justify it?
If a deer was killed legally and no lease rules were broken why would I ridicule anyone. Y'all quick to jump to conclusions, to each their own.
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #68
Shake N' Bake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever im invited

Yep ticks me off too! It causes division at a time when hunters need to be united more than ever!
Shake N' Bake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #69
Mexico
Pope & Young

Wink

Quote:
Heís ridiculed me personally on this forum for our management practices. Itís a property he has zero knowledge of but has a better management plan for than the group of guys that hunt it every year.
Oh really, enlighten me please. Guess my memory is bad
Old 11-09-2018, 03:42 PM   #70
tex4k
Ten Point

Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties

It's a durn shame we didn't have smart phones and fb back about 50 yrs ago when I began my hunting career. One can only imagine the foam mouth corner, snot bubble, stuttering, stammering rants we could've seen, induced by pick-up beds loaded with deer shot by groups of day lease hunters. Ahhhh yes! Fond memories!
tex4k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 03:46 PM   #71
eastxhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marsh / Central Tx

Another TBH dumpster fire thread.. classic
eastxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 03:46 PM   #72
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Hunt In: granger, victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-roy66 View Post
This type of reply on the book of faces is exactly why I do not have an account.
Right, cause here it does not happen
Dirtymike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #73
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Oh really, enlighten me please. Guess my memory is bad

Go back and find the recent thread. You literally tried to tell me which deer age class we should be shooting having never seen our property. You also said thereís never a reason to shoot any buck younger than 5.5 which is ridiculous.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #74
Cbb1722
Ten Point

I can say this. The 13 inch rule has helped our place tremendously. Opening morning of gun season first deer I see is a 125 inch 10 point. For our place that’s a monster. Only thing is he was 3.5. That’d been the biggest deer I have ever shot. It was hard for him to stand at 70 yards safety off finger on the trigger and for me to let that deer walk. He chases his doe jumps the fence into the neighbors and 20 seconds afternoon he does neighbor kills that deer. That evening a different much smaller but nice 10 point jumps the fence. About 3.5. I let the -06 bark. You just can’t let deer walk where some people hunt. What’s the point? I was sick to let that deer walk for him to get shot on the neighbors and I’m still sick about it. But I’m proud of the deer I killed cause I’m gonna eat good and have a nice skull mount on mtn wall. The point of this is. If you know you’ll be happy about killing a specific deer especially if it’s a first deer then kill it!! That’s how hunting should be. Those of you that condemn someone cause they killed a deer that you wouldn’t kill is what’s turns people off of hunting. And I can only imagine being on a lease with that has gotta suck. If I was on a big lease in south Texas with huge deer then that’s different. But everyone don’t have the same situation as some people
Cbb1722 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #75
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex4k View Post
It's a durn shame we didn't have smart phones and fb back about 50 yrs ago when I began my hunting career. One can only imagine the foam mouth corner, snot bubble, stuttering, stammering rants we could've seen, induced by pick-up beds loaded with deer shot by groups of day lease hunters. Ahhhh yes! Fond memories!

I can relate. As a kid we hunted with deer dogs. Chased deer through the woods and blasted them with shotguns. Later when still hunting became a thing if the was antler sticking through the deers skin we were shooting him. Times have changed a lot
Old 11-09-2018, 04:09 PM   #76
tdwinklr
Eight Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

Quote:
I can relate. As a kid we hunted with deer dogs. Chased deer through the woods and blasted them with shotguns. Later when still hunting became a thing if the was antler sticking through the deers skin we were shooting him. Times have changed a lot
Same here, I really miss the sound of dogs chasing deer. At least on cold, boring mornings would get the adrenaline going.
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 04:09 PM   #77
meltingfeather
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily

uh... coming on the internet to vent about people's behavior on the internet is... funny in a shouting at the (wrong) wall kind of way.
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 04:15 PM   #78
Mexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
Go back and find the recent thread. You literally tried to tell me which deer age class we should be shooting having never seen our property. You also said there’s never a reason to shoot any buck younger than 5.5 which is ridiculous.
I don't have to see a property to know what age deer need to be shot before they reach their full potential. That's management 101.
Also the 5.5 age has worked wonders for me personally. Many deer don't even start to express their genetic potential until 4.

I have a proven management plan that can he backed by pictures, testament and my wall.
If I also remember correctly you were asking for advice, I gave mine.. not sure how that's ridicule.
If I hurt your feelings accept my apology if you would like. If not then I'm sure I'll survive and so will you.
Have a good day sir.

Last edited by Mexico; 11-09-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:17 PM   #79
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwinklr View Post
Same here, I really miss the sound of dogs chasing deer. At least on cold, boring mornings would get the adrenaline going.
Oh man, I loved the adrenaline rush of hearing the dogs approaching, and knowing a deer was about to bust out of the woods!
Old 11-09-2018, 04:23 PM   #80
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack/Young County

Well said OP. Here is a deer my brother took with his bow, in New Jersey. There are apparently so many deer there its unreal. He hunts on 15-acres about 5 minutes from his house, in the city. He would love to shoot nothing but big bucks, but where he is at, you don't shoot deer, you don't hunt as they will find somebody else to come control the population. The seasin is weird there, but in a nutshell, he hunts from mid-September until the end February.

He is probably close to 125-150 deer bow kills since leaving Louisiana so many years ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
DFWPI is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 04:24 PM   #81
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylegacy View Post
Smart? Care to rebuttle?

He stole that from me...I'll allow it..
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 04:26 PM   #82
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
He stole that from me...I'll allow it..
Scoreboard!

Old 11-09-2018, 04:28 PM   #83
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack/Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
Glad I don't hunt with some of yall who shoot anything with horns and walks
My first deer in 1974 was a small doe. A pack of beagles were chasing her, I was posted on the blacktop, waving at people as they drive by, and my orsers were to nit let the deer get across the road and into the other lot of woods. Blasted her with 00 Buck from my 12 gague as she cross the road.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
DFWPI is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #84
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
I don't have to see a property to know what age deer need to be shot before they reach their full potential. That's management 101.
Also the 5.5 age has worked wonders for me personally. Many deer don't even start to express their genetic potential until 4.

I have a proven management plan that can he backed by pictures, testament and my wall.
If I also remember correctly you were asking for advice, I gave mine.. not sure how that's ridicule.
If I hurt your feelings accept my apology if you would like. If not then I'm sure I'll survive and so will you.
Have a good day sir.

I never asked for any advice. Your management ďplanĒ would be catastrophic on my lease. Itís ridiculous to think the plan that works for you should be used by everybody. Iím glad it works for you but killing a big deer in old Mexico isnít rocket science. I have buddies that have hunted there for 20 plus years and their only plan is to ďkill a big oneĒ. They do it every single year. To kill big deer you have to hunt where big deer live. If you got on my lease and only shot 5 year old or older it would be a nightmare. If all I cared about was a photo book and trophies on the wall I would move out of the hill country and go south like you. A 5 year old can put a management plan together down there and kill big deer.

Thatís pretty much the point of this thread. Do what makes you happy and stop trying to tell other people how to hunt like you. Not everybody has your goals or even your access to those deer.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:48 PM   #85
Mexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
I never asked for any advice. Your management ďplanĒ would be catastrophic on my lease. Itís ridiculous to think the plan that works for you should be used by everybody. Iím glad it works for you but killing a big deer in old Mexico isnít rocket science. I have buddies that have hunted there for 20 plus years and their only plan is to ďkill a big oneĒ. They do it every single year. To kill big deer you have to hunt where big deer live. If you got on my lease and only shot 5 year old or older it would be a nightmare. If all I cared about was a photo book and trophies on the wall I would move out of the hill country and go south like you. A 5 year old can put a management plan together down there and kill big deer.

Thatís pretty much the point of this thread. Do what makes you happy and stop trying to tell other people how to hunt like you. Not everybody has your goals or even your access to those deer.
Ive yet to see ANYONE kill a big deer every year they hunt in Mexico. But yet I'm not 5 years old either. If I could just go backwards in age I'd probably be able to figure it all out

Old 11-09-2018, 04:51 PM   #86
MexicoLowFence
Spike

Quote:

Dumbest post I've ever seen on TBH... easy huh?
MexicoLowFence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 04:54 PM   #87
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoLowFence View Post
Dumbest post I've ever seen on TBH... easy huh?

I have a group of 6 friends that do it every single year on the same lease and all they do is drive down a sendero slinging corn and sit in a high rack drinking beer. Seems easy to me. Hardest part is opening the beer.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #88
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ive yet to see ANYONE kill a big deer every year they hunt in Mexico. But yet I'm not 5 years old either. If I could just go backwards in age I'd probably be able to figure it all out

Not sure your point. Youíve never even seen me kill one deer. Does that mean it didnít happen? Lol
Old 11-09-2018, 05:03 PM   #89
Mexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
Not sure your point. Youíve never even seen me kill one deer. Does that mean it didnít happen? Lol
I've already said my piece, so peace.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:06 PM   #90
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
I've already said my piece, so peace.

Peace
Old 11-09-2018, 05:07 PM   #91
JeffK
Ten Point

Yes, the girl did not deserve that. Does it surprise you this happens on Facebook?
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #92
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

For the record I was in no way bashing hunting in Mexico. Itís actually something I may try sometime. I have an open invitation to go any time but my wife doesnít want me to so I donít. She thinks itís dangerous and I donít completely disagree. My buddy just called me again last week and asked me to go this year. They have a great time every year and kill very big deer. I hunted with him my entire life in east Texas. We both got to a point that we could afford a better lease. He chose Mexico and I chose hill country. He kills giants every year and most years I donít even shoot any more. I just love the Texas hill country.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #93
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Default Just Stop!

Quote:
I have a group of 6 friends that do it every single year on the same lease and all they do is drive down a sendero slinging corn and sit in a high rack drinking beer. Seems easy to me. Hardest part is opening the beer.

They got any openings???

I can open beers like a mother****er!

Old 11-09-2018, 05:20 PM   #94
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
They got any openings???

Maybe. I can ask.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #95
MexicoLowFence
Spike

Quote:
Guess next time I see Rusty aka El Gato or Bo aka Mex. Bowhunter I'll ask them why the heck are they making improvements and feeding? All it takes is beer and corn year after year
MexicoLowFence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 05:29 PM   #96
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Default Just Stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoLowFence View Post
Guess next time I see Rusty aka El Gato or Bo aka Mex. Bowhunter I'll ask them why the heck are they making improvements and feeding? All it takes is beer and corn year after year

Maybe they just need a better property.

Ask anyone that hunts Mexico why they do it and see how many say they do it for the challenge. Lol
Old 11-09-2018, 05:31 PM   #97
JeffK
Ten Point

Quote:
Maybe they just need a better property.
I'm thinking they have a different standard for BIG!
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 05:34 PM   #98
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
I'm thinking they have a different standard for BIG!

Thatís probably true too. When I say they kill big deer every year Iím talking about breaking 170. Those other guys may consider that small. Breaking 170 every year with no effort is pretty amazing to me though.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:40 PM   #99
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Quote:
Thatís probably true too. When I say they kill big deer every year Iím talking about breaking 170. Those other guys may consider that small. Breaking 170 every year with no effort is pretty amazing to me though.

Is amazing to me too! All from a high rack while drinking beer. Put me in line in case Dale gets too drunk to hunt
Old 11-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #100
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Is amazing to me too! All from a high rack while drinking beer. Put me in line in case Dale gets too drunk to hunt

Honestly, knowing those guys the beer in the high rack is more important than the deer.