Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV roof leak fix question

Lease Camper

The skylight dome in the shower is busted and has leaked causing some wood to rot out. I don't use the shower nor plan on using it.

My plan is to remove the dome, and scape area clean. Then take a piece of plywood and run beads of contactors glue and a bead of silicone on the board and press the board down. Then coat the board with something like flexspray with beads of silicone around edges.

Will this work? Mainly concerned out contractors glue hold board down.

Think it would work. I would not use the silicone. Maybe just Flex seal putty.
    That silicone will not hold up and then nothing will stick where it was.

Comment

Anything will work with proper care and maintenance. Nothing will work long term without.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think they all leak after time.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
          Anything will work with proper care and maintenance. Nothing will work long term without.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
          Oh, here come the maintenance trolls. Best thing is to get rid of all the skylights as they are useless holes in the roof, of all places.

Comment

I’d use aluminum, and seal it with eternabond tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I’d use aluminum, and seal it with eternabond tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good idea, now to see if I can source some

Comment

Flexseal tape works great

Comment

Eternabond tape is the best way to seal it long term. Once you have it installed, it is as good of a permanent fix as you will ever see. The company I used to work for used it on roofs of buses. Once it is on, forget about removing it and you don’t have to go reseal it again come next year either.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                    Eternabond tape is the best way to seal it long term. Once you have it installed, it is as good of a permanent fix as you will ever see. The company I used to work for used it on roofs of buses. Once it is on, forget about removing it and you don’t have to go reseal it again come next year either.

Eternabond and Dicor will seal anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dicor self leveling lap sealant for around vents,radio , tv antenna or like others have stated eternabond tape.
                      Last edited by coy-ote; 08-02-2021, 12:04 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

What about a flat piece of plexiglass? That way you still get the light to shine through.

Comment

Plexiglass will quickly yellow once UV light hits it. The UV light will eventually make it brittle as well so it’s not a good choice.

Comment

Working...
                          X