3D Arrows??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post
    I'm only in Novice right now. Last week was my first shoot. I took 5 arrows and came back with all of em.
    Very GOOD, you came home with all of your arrows.

To me, whatever arrow shoots the best with your bow. I like Carbon Express Maxima. That's what I tuned my bow with.

Comment

Go FAT or go home!

I'm shooting LineJammers.

Comment

CXL 250 from carbon express, with 70 grain tip... light and fast!!

Comment

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post
          My Drenalin shoots 260 FPS +-. I'm pretty close to getting a new Strother and I'm certain it will shoot faster. Don't wanna get past that 280 mark....
          Which Strother? I have the infinity and I love it!!!! I have some target arrows you can have but they are heavy!!!!!!

Comment

Gold tip triple x , you will be surprised how good they fly .

Comment

Originally posted by Fingershooter View Post
              Which Strother? I have the infinity and I love it!!!! I have some target arrows you can have but they are heavy!!!!!!
              Can't decide between the Wrath or Rush, Michael. Both are very nice.

Thanks y'all. Gonna see what they have here in Abilene and if nothing will order some.

Comment

Where do you plan shooting next?

Comment

Originally posted by Fingershooter View Post
                  Where do you plan shooting next?
                  For certain, Cowtown. Possibly Irving. Just depends. You?

Comment

Its been posted several times but I thought I would chime in for the GT 22's; I, too, have a short draw length (26.5) and I shoot a 27 5/8" GT-22 with a pin nock, 85 gr glued-in tip, and 3 Blazer vanes. The arrows weigh approximately 308 gr and I shoot 279 fps from a Mathews MR7 (2011 Monster).

Comment

Bounty Hunter has helped me a lot with info of this sort.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                        Any of the above mentioned would work great with 100grain tips in them. You just have to make sure your speed stays under 288fps for ASA shoots. Most shooters set theirs up to shoot 278-282fps incase chronograph is reading high that day.
                        Also look at the Easton Fatboy 400. I shoot 28"dl at 61lbs with 100gr tips and arrows weigh 365grains at 27 1/2"long and shoot 282fps.
                        Explain why they can't shoot over 288 fps? I didn't know that....

Comment

ASA trys to balance the field out by setting speedlimits on bow setup. It gives shorter draw people chance to compete against longer draw people.
                          In IBO there is no speed limits. It's 5grains of arrow weight to 1lb of draw weight so it's considered a disadvantage for shorter draw people.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                            ASA trys to balance the field out by setting speedlimits on bow setup. It gives shorter draw people chance to compete against longer draw people.
                            In IBO there is no speed limits. It's 5grains of arrow weight to 1lb of draw weight so it's considered a disadvantage for shorter draw people.
                            IBO , They have a speed limit too. You have to claim speed ( 288 ) or weight. If you fail one you cant change to the other. When we used to shoot both Orgs. I would shoot 2 different setups ( weight for IBO @ 305 fps and turndown limbs to get to 282 fps for ASA) then I just setup a 280 bow and learned to judge distance instead of using speed to compensate. With todays cam technology, short draw shooters are not at near as big of a dis-advantage as back then.

Comment

Working...
                            X