Thawed meat question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thawed meat question?

I was planning on smoking a turkey tomorrow. I put it n the fridge wed evening. It was still pretty frozen this evening so I put it in the sink with cold water. I happened to read while it was in the sink that you were supposed to cook a turkey immediately after thawing in cold water

I had left it in cold water for 1.5 hrs before I read that and then put it in the fridge. It felt thawed but I don't know if it was completely thawed. Is it safe to cook tomorrow or do I have to cook it tonight?

u should be fine to smoke tomorrow we always leave in fridge before smoking

Comment

I once ate leftover enchiladas i forgot in my car for two days.

Cook it tomorrow

Comment

Just make sure its cooked thouroughly. They put those labels on there to keep people from leaving it in the fridge for days on end before cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
          I once ate leftover enchiladas i forgot in my car for two days.

Cook it tomorrow
          I did this the other day. Lol, but it was only overnight and most of the next day.

Comment

its ok to cook tomorrow or even the day after that.

Comment

It'll be fine tommorrow.

Comment

Even though I thawed it in the cold water? You still think it will be ok tomorrow? Thanks for the replies

Comment

TTt. Anyone think it is a bad idea?

Comment

It will be fine as long as it stayed cold to the touch.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                      I was planning on smoking a turkey tomorrow. I put it n the fridge wed evening. It was still pretty frozen this evening so I put it in the sink with cold water. I happened to read while it was in the sink that you were supposed to cook a turkey immediately after thawing in cold water

I had left it in cold water for 1.5 hrs before I read that and then put it in the fridge. It felt thawed but I don't know if it was completely thawed. Is it safe to cook tomorrow or do I have to cook it tonight?
                      If your turkey is store bought, reach inside it an pull out the giblet package. If thats still frozen, your turkey is NOT thawed out. If you did this last wednesday, it should be thawed by now. And as long as you kept it in the fridge there should be no problems. C'ya
                      Last edited by Billybird; 02-03-2012, 09:13 PM. Reason: omission

Comment

Nope!! It will be O.K.. C'ya

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                          X