Retirement gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retirement gift

Have an employee going to retire at end of the year. I have a thought/idea in mind for a engraved 1911. Have the company name on it years of service logo his name etc....
    My question is has anyone done something like this and if so who did it for you?

*Great* gesture but I'd be very hesitant to put my company name and/or a personal name on a firearm. What if it gets stolen and used in a crime? Maybe it would be better to get him a nice 1911 and get custom GRIPS with that information... Just my .02.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
      Have an employee going to retire at end of the year. I have a thought/idea in mind for a engraved 1911. Have the company name on it years of service logo his name etc....
      My question is has anyone done something like this and if so who did it for you?
      Great idea, I know I would like that but what if the guy has no interest in guns?
      Maybe you know already ...

like Ken said below about the engraving, maybe just get a nice case for it that has all that info on it or inside the lid?

Comment

I envision it being more a collectors item to be on display than rather an everyday carry sort of arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I envision it being more a collectors item to be on display than rather an everyday carry sort of arm.
          Buy a nice 1911 and have a presentation box made that can be laser-engraved with the details. You may see it as a "collectors item" to be displayed; however, the recipient may see it as a work horse pistol that he can shoot all the time. Personally, I would not want a nice pistol with my employers info and years of service. Put that stuff on the box. Examples below

Comment

Someone gives me a free gun they can engrave unicorns and rainbows on it for all I care.

And I truly don’t understand the worry of having a name on it in the event of it being stolen and used in a crime…

Comment

Being stolen and used is nothing to worry about. I will say I would also do a display box. If you want tricked out you could get a STI and they put all kinds of stuff on them. Colt did have a Custom Shop you could use as well. Not sure if either are still doing custom order

Comment

Very nice gesture

Mackey knife engraved from my group at retirement

Too nice to Carry, but I really appreciated it.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  Buy a nice 1911 and have a presentation box made that can be laser-engraved with the details. You may see it as a "collectors item" to be displayed; however, the recipient may see it as a work horse pistol that he can shoot all the time. Personally, I would not want a nice pistol with my employers info and years of service. Put that stuff on the box. Examples below

Beautiful! Fantastic gift..

Comment

That's a cool gesture!! Get on it soon if you wanna do it...depending on the engraver and detail, it may take a while. There's a guy named Matt Litz in Iowa Park, TX that does some really cool engraving. Alice Carter is another lady that does lots of engraving for us knifemakers. Those are a couple off the top of my head that I would recommend

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

I did it for my father in law. Used David Wade Harris engraver. I bought the Colt SAA and shipped to him. He did the rest. I ended up getting one for my brother and as a gift fir myself too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                        *Great* gesture but I'd be very hesitant to put my company name and/or a personal name on a firearm. What if it gets stolen and used in a crime? Maybe it would be better to get him a nice 1911 and get custom GRIPS with that information... Just my .02.
                        that may be the most out there post I've seen......like a criminal is gonna swap out the grips.......glad Mr Remington and Browning weren't dumb enough to do that....

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

X2, this would be an outstanding retirement gift.

Comment

Not only is it a great gesture, I’m sure it will be appreciated. If he wants to carry it, he can carry it. If he wants to display it, he can display it. Worrying about it being used in a crime with your name on it is worrying about nothing. I got 1000 cheap knives out there with my logo on them and not one reported stabbing.

Engraving a gun with that info is awesome. Engraving a box says, “I didn’t want to put forth the effort to do it right, but here’s a wooden box”. You think he’s gonna go pull out the box to show his buddies? No! But he’ll show that gun to everyone he knows.

Don’t halfass his tribute.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              Not only is it a great gesture, I’m sure it will be appreciated. If he wants to carry it, he can carry it. If he wants to display it, he can display it. Worrying about it being used in a crime with your name on it is worrying about nothing. I got 1000 cheap knives out there with my logo on them and not one reported stabbing.

Engraving a gun with that info is awesome. Engraving a box says, “I didn’t want to put forth the effort to do it right, but here’s a wooden box”. You think he’s gonna go pull out the box to show his buddies? No! But he’ll show that gun to everyone he knows.

Don’t halfass his tribute.

Well said

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X