No announcement yet.

Alone season 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the snares, gill net's, as mentioned? They seem to be fixated on shelters which is fine, but you have to eat to survive.
    berries and bugs isn't going to cut it!
    I don't see this group going far, and probably not going as long as the last several seasons.
    Last edited by Jimbo47; 07-02-2021, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Clay has killed a ton of critters with his self bows. Hunts the entire Idaho archery season if that’s what it takes to put an elk in the freezer. Aron Snyder respectfully refers to him as “trad Jesus”. The man can hunt! The only thing that will stop him will be missing his wife and boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
        Where are the snares, gill net's, as mentioned? They seem to be fixated on shelters which is fine, but you have to eat to survive.
        I don't see this group going far, and probably not going as long as the last several seasons.
        Not a single gill net deployed after a couple weeks, ***? I have to wonder if the producers have placed some artificial restrictions on the contestants or something.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
          Clays really the only one I feel that can absolutely take multiple big game with his bow if the chance arises. The others it would be just pure luck. Anybody building a useless fish trap on a lake goes on my short list. Stream yes lake no !

The lady that built the earth shelter is straight up smart. She could be a real competitor with Clay! Some of those other shelters aren’t going to cut it at all!
          My money says she won't be able to keep the water out of it. Any rain or melting snow will make it a muddy mess wouldn't you think?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
            Agree...I was thinking the same thing. This won't take long. Not enough food. I reckon there's too many bears for any rabbits, squirrels, or forest chickens.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              Not a single gill net deployed after a couple weeks, ***? I have to wonder if the producers have placed some artificial restrictions on the contestants or something.
              Gill nets may be illegal in that area. They are illegal in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                Gill nets may be illegal in that area. They are illegal in Texas.
                Someone earlier clarified that they're legal and allowed on this season.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Yep the talks on the way out are a waste of time. They just trying to justify why they are quitters.
                  Lol so true. Such a beating hearing them justify it and renege on what they were saying Day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                    Lol so true. Such a beating hearing them justify it and renege on what they were saying Day 1.
                    Nothing says fast forward like a grown man with glistening eyes trying to say that he proved everything he needed to prove and his family is more important than half a million dollars. So why the hell did you go on the show? I'm pretty sure your wife wasn't begging you to go on national TV and embarrass yourself because you got a little sand in your vajayjay

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                      My money says she won't be able to keep the water out of it. Any rain or melting snow will make it a muddy mess wouldn't you think?

Good point in the water/snow funneling inside…will be watching for that

As mentioned, where’s the snares & gill nets? Nobody will last much longer than a few weeks at most unless they down a deer or something of significance.

Definitely a different focus this season on the show, the producers have the participates focusing on air time with creativity ideas.
                      Let’s see what happens Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                        One thing we’ve observed in the different seasons of watching this show.... when the contestants start talking about their family and home, they’re done.

I’m betting on Clay or Nate
                        Yup….I told my son and wife the same thing. When they start mentioning how much they miss their families at home, it’s over.
                        FTR, my $ is still on Biko.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Nothing says fast forward like a grown man with glistening eyes trying to say that he proved everything he needed to prove and his family is more important than half a million dollars. So why the hell did you go on the show? I'm pretty sure your wife wasn't begging you to go on national TV and embarrass yourself because you got a little sand in your vajayjay
                        I agree….that little speech reminded me of the Mike Gundy “I’m a man, I’m 40” rant. “Poor me….I’m here and you’re not. Eat your popcorn. I’m here for your entertainment”.

Arrogance….while pouting and feeling sorry for yourself, isn't an attractive trait.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          Yup….I told my son and wife the same thing. When they start mentioning how much they miss their families at home, it’s over.

I agree….that little speech reminded me of the Mike Gundy “I’m a man, I’m 40” rant. “Poor me….I’m here and you’re not. Eat your popcorn. I’m here for your entertainment”.

Arrogance….while pouting and feeling sorry for yourself, isn't an attractive trait.
                          Nobody whips out a man card or rocks a mullet like Gundy!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

And he is supposed to be the survival expert that teaches it to people. I know if I was his boss I would fire his *** as soon as he got back. LOL...Probably would have told him before he left to come back with a trophy or dont come back. LOL

Comment

Biko, 100% come on Biko

Comment

that Teresa is rocking it with in the ground shelter, so confused on the accent, as she says she sounds funny to be here, but sound funny when in England

Comment

Working...
                                X