Stage 4 cholangiocarcinoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stage 4 cholangiocarcinoma

My father in law was recently diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma (liver cancer) after years of battling CLL from agent orange exposure. In the amount of time it took from discovery in late April to this week it developed to Stage 4 with several lymph nodes affected and malignant ascites. He’s not a candidate for surgery and will find out next week if there are any options through oncology.

From what we’ve all tried to learn online, it appears to be a pretty bleak situation. We don’t really have much of a network so if you know of anyone who dealt with this please pass along if any recommendations, doctors, or information we should pursue regarding chemo or other potential options.

Gonna be a rough Sunday for my wife. Might be her last Father’s Day with her dad.

Prayers up for your family.

Comment

Sorry to hear this brother. Prayers of healing and comfort for him and for your family. Hope y'all are able to find something for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will be in prayer for you guys! My dad had kidney cancer that spread to his liver and he was treated with immunotherapy. It seemed to be working well on his cancer, but he died of a totally different situation. Check to see if this therapy is an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
          Will be in prayer for you guys! My dad had kidney cancer that spread to his liver and he was treated with immunotherapy. It seemed to be working well on his cancer, but he died of a totally different situation. Check to see if this therapy is an option.
          Thank you (everyone). We will check into this.

Comment

Prayers up MJ! Let me know if you need anything brother

Comment

Prayers up sir

Comment

Prayers ^^^

Comment

Prayer sent^ right now.

Prepare your wife as best you can, that this is it.

Comment

Praying for your father in law, and for your wife. Lord, please be with all this family.

Comment

Prayers sent,
                      My wife has been battling cancer since last October when she was diagnosed.
                      She was a stage 4 also, had **** cancer and it had spread to her lymph nodes and liver. Through tons of prayers, radiation, chemo, and surgery she appears to be beating this thing!
                      It’s amazing what the drs can do these days not to mention the healing power of prayer! We will keep y’all in our prayers!

Comment

Crazy , it blocked the word a.n.a.l.

Comment

Cancer su***. I sent one up for y’all. Stay positive but keep it real with your wife. And take a ton of pics right now. Blessings

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

My mom passed from cholangiocarcinoma last November. Her PCP saw something during her regular check up that caused him concern. Hers was classified as bile duct cancer via genetic mutation. It had already spread to her lower lungs, abdominal lining, and liver. It was never classified as a stage level we knew that any treatment would be palliative care. We looked at all treatment options.

She had hodgkin's lymphoma cancer 25 years prior. We believe her radiation treatment from that initial cancer is what created problems down the road. That being said we were grateful to have 25 yrs with her and felt she did the right thing at that time. Even Dr. Burzynski's said that radiation would be her best option but that the long term effects would be unknown. At the time 10yrs was about the normal life expectancy with that type of cancer.

She was treated by Dr. Nelson at MD Anderson in The Woodlands. My wife works in primary care and based on her condition we did not think she would make it more than about 3-4 months. She started chemotherapy and did very well with it. No nausea or side effects however the cancer in her case became resistant and eventually could not be controlled with chemo. She did have some stereotactic radio surgery on her spine and skull in addition to the chemo. I think as a family we all agreed that she had a very good quality of life up until she passed about a year and a half later. I am grateful for Dr. Nelson and his staff doing their best in a bad situation. They were always considerate of my moms concerns with treatment and did what they thought would be her best option.

If you would like to take please feel free to shoot me a PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X