Africa July 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
    Spotted hyena yes with right permits, brown hyena no. And don't ask why, bc USFW is cra cra.

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
    Anyone recommend how to get there? Is delta going to be flying to SA anytime soon? I hear horror stories about European connections...my experiences with idiots in Toronto over broadheads leaves me a bit gunshy....
    I am headed to Zambia on June 24th for 17 days or so. You might want to consider a travel agent that specializes in our type of trips. The changes are constant and that is their job to route you correctly and most efficiently. I am flying Qatar Airlines.
    Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
    You guys fly business class for more room?
    ....or 1st class. Worth it as the relaxation and amenities are never ending. Many also have incredible clubs/lounges at larger airports for layovers that are not super long. I take showers and have dinners in the clubs, make calls, emails, nap, etc. Once back on the plane totally refreshed and READY to start the hunt.
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    Heading to Tanzania for the first time in a few months, do yall get any vaccines before going?? Hep A, Typhoid, Yellow fever?
    Tanzania has areas that may require or suggest the shots or pills for various ailments. Check with a travel doctor as they keep the list super updated.

Comment

Everything is still ago. South Africa with Limcroma Safaris’s . JULY 8-19 2021
      Flights booked through United Houston-Newark,NY- Johannesburg.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
        Going in 1 month
        What's on the hit list this trip??

Comment

We’re headed to Zimbabwe between July 14 and July 28. All still full speed ahead.

Comment

Im headed to Zim for Cape Buffalo, bushbuck, impala and depending on time and money either hippo, croc or tuskless elephant. My only concern is the ever changing requirements for covid. Im not getting the clinical trial experiment, so Ill have to test before I leave. My flight is Anchorage to DC and overnighting there. Then on to Harare. so Ill need a test most likely in DC. Hopefully there is a place close to my hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              What's on the hit list this trip??

We gotta most of our expensive animals in 2019. We're both bowhunting this time.
              Warthog and Impala for both of us.
              Neither of us got a chance at a wartie last trip.
              My additional list:
              Zebra
              Red Hartebeest
              Blue Wildebeest
              Gemsbok
              Blesbok
              And possibly anything else that walks in at the right/wrong place & time.
              We're looking forward to it.....again!

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
                Im headed to Zim for Cape Buffalo, bushbuck, impala and depending on time and money either hippo, croc or tuskless elephant. My only concern is the ever changing requirements for covid. Im not getting the clinical trial experiment, so Ill have to test before I leave. My flight is Anchorage to DC and overnighting there. Then on to Harare. so Ill need a test most likely in DC. Hopefully there is a place close to my hotel.

Even though we both got the vaccine, we still have to test prior to departure [emoji849]

Comment

Hopefully some of these problems are straightened out by the time I am going in Sept! Hopefully!

Comment

We gotta most of our expensive animals in 2019. We're both bowhunting this time.
                    Warthog and Impala for both of us.
                    Neither of us got a chance at a wartie last trip.
                    My additional list:
                    Zebra
                    Red Hartebeest
                    Blue Wildebeest
                    Gemsbok
                    Blesbok
                    And possibly anything else that walks in at the right/wrong place & time.
                    We're looking forward to it.....again!
                    Cool. Tell Hannes I said hello..
                    Just remember before you start slinging arrows like we did that those swine and primates can get costly and hold shipments up.... The permits ain't cheap and clearing state side is a little more involved..

Comment

Even though we both got the vaccine, we still have to test prior to departure [emoji849]
                      Did you get it at your departure airport or close to home? Anchorage to DC is one day, DC to Harare is 1+ so I'm concerned.
                      Thanks

Comment

Did you get it at your departure airport or close to home? Anchorage to DC is one day, DC to Harare is 1+ so I'm concerned.
                        Thanks

As was quoted to me, we have to have a negative test result within 72 hrs of leaving our departure city (Houston); not before our arrival in SA. We've actually got a 14 hr layover in Frankfurt Germany.
                        So, I'd say that it's worth inquiring, just to make sure, for your particular situation.

Comment

As was quoted to me, we have to have a negative test result within 72 hrs of leaving our departure city (Houston); not before our arrival in SA. We've actually got a 14 hr layover in Frankfurt Germany.
                          So, I'd say that it's worth inquiring, just to make sure, for your particular situation.
                          thanks!

Comment

Did they specify if the require the rapid test or the PCR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks!

Update: even though SA said 72 hrs prior to leaving the U.S. was good, we just found out the Frankfurt (Germany) requires a negative test 48 before landing there. We have a 14 layover there, and also found out that we can't leave the airport, without going into 5 day quarantine before you could even take another Covid test.
                              Moral of the story: Be sure to check on every step of your trip to make sure you don't get caught unprepared.

Comment

I'm trying to finalize a trip to the Selous in late July and it's been maddening with the ever-changing Covid protocols.

Comment

Working...
                                X