No announcement yet.

Cellular trail camera recs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been using Stealthcam’s for a few years with no issues. I by them either new or refurbished off of Camofire. The batteries didn’t last as long as I liked, so I put them on 12v batteries with solar panels (also bought from Camofire) and they last forever. Mine is currently at 8 months and still shows a full battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter004 View Post
      If you plan on running multiple cameras, covert is the way to go since they have a shared plan. Most other companies do not have a shared plan and the monthly plans over a few years will add up. Running 17 cams last year with the covert 50,000 pics per month ended up running me about 6.50 per cam compared to 15-20 per cam on other brands.
      This is a really good point. The data plans can get expensive.

Comment

If you plan on running multiple cameras, covert is the way to go since they have a shared plan. Most other companies do not have a shared plan and the monthly plans over a few years will add up. Running 17 cams last year with the covert 50,000 pics per month ended up running me about 6.50 per cam compared to 15-20 per cam on other brands.

Tactacam has a shared plan too. Just like Covert. The rates on the Tactacam are less expensive than Coverts.

Comment

Most of the guys at our lease are running Tacticams Reveal right now. I will probably pick a newer one up when they come out. For what its worth, when I found four of them at Cabelas there were about 60 on the shelf. The manager of the department was putting the last one out and we were talking about them. He said he put 72 out the night before and those were gone within an hour and half. And while we were talking, about 20 of them disappeared as people walked up.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Tactacam has a shared plan too. Just like Covert.
            I think they do, but its pretty expensive. 13 per camera I think...In my case if I was running 17 tactacam's it would cost me over double per month.

13x17= 221
            6.75x17= 87.75

Comment

I think they do, but its pretty expensive. 13 per camera I think...In my case if I was running 17 tactacam's it would cost me over double per month.

13x17= 221
              6.75x17= 87.75
              My math was a little off on my plan/pricing, here is what pricing was for the 2020 season...

Cover plan cost breakdown

20000 photos shared $19.99
              5 per month per camera $85

19.99+85=104.99/17=6.17 per cam

Comment

NOT Snypercam. I have 2 of them and while they do still work the signal SUCKS, the app SUCKS, and customer support is HORRIBLE! I know they are not popular but on the same ranch we are running 8 of the Spypoint Micro S LTE's and they have been fantastic.

Comment

Started using Cuddeback (AT&T) the beginning of the month and so far I'm satisfied. I have 2 of them set up and when I go back to my place in a couple of weeks I will be setting up the other 2 I have. They are a little pricey but the way I see it I'm saving money since I kept having to buy camera's every year.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                    NOT Snypercam. I have 2 of them and while they do still work the signal SUCKS, the app SUCKS, and customer support is HORRIBLE! I know they are not popular but on the same ranch we are running 8 of the Spypoint Micro S LTE's and they have been fantastic.
                    THEY ARE AWFUL!!!!

Spypoints are also. Wait until you have an issue. Ask me how I know lol

Comment

Guys keep in mind these group plans, the more cameras you have you will eat thru the # of photos in no time.

Having 8-10 wireless cameras like I do will eat thru the # of pics quickly. I loved the covert plans, BUT the weak pic quality far outweighed the savings of the plan. Plus covert cameras are more expensive.

Comment

Tactacam here.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                          Wait for the ‘21 Tactacams to come out

Comment

13x17= 221
                            6.75x17= 87.75

I paid $95 per camera for unlimited pics for a year on Tactacam

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              Guys keep in mind these group plans, the more cameras you have you will eat thru the # of photos in no time.

Having 8-10 wireless cameras like I do will eat thru the # of pics quickly. I loved the covert plans, BUT the weak pic quality far outweighed the savings of the plan. Plus covert cameras are more expensive.
                              I've never ran spartan's, had no clue the pics were that much better.

Also, 2021 coverts are priced at 309 this year...since Feradyne has taken over pricing is a lot more competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                I paid $95 per camera for unlimited pics for a year on Tactacam
                                I don't run mine all year but if you do, that's a little better than the 13/month

Comment

Working...
                                X