Washing machine quality.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
    I was told by the guy that came to fix our current one that when we replace them we should look into Speed Queen.
    Absolutely get a Speed Queen. Don’t let the $1000 price tag scare you away. It comes with a full 100% warranty. No more worrying about the water level being too low. The low water level setting is 11” and the high is 14”.

Plus the “HOT” water temperature isn’t tempered down to 110°F like all the big box store washers. It’s hot water only, unless you set it to warm.
    Last edited by Wampuscat; 01-30-2020, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Bought a Kenmore 12 years ago. Still running like a top. No idea if the new Kenmoore are any good though.
      Last edited by Peta-hata; 01-30-2020, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
        [/B]

nope. Whirlpool still makin' them.

'As of 2017, Kenmore products are produced by manufacturers such as Whirlpool, LG, Electrolux, Panasonic, Cleva North America, and Daewoo Electronics.'
        Take this list down to your local sears and compare model numbers against this list. 70 to 75% last time I went refrigerator shopping. Also a couple of the other mfg's on this list are made by Frigidaire. Electrolux owns frigidaire.

Go to the appliance repair forums and see which brands the pro's like. They will tell you what everyone here is, buy old school non microprocessor controlled appliances or expect large repair bills before they get much out of warranty. Remember when fridge's and freezers had a 5 yr. warranty on the sealed system.
        First real job I had was working for a neighbor changing compressors in fridges, freezers, and window units at 16 yrs old. His company was a whirlpool warranty station. My first job besides helping my father in the hvac&r business.
        Last edited by double bogey; 01-31-2020, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Samsung, front load, very good. Can't say the same for the dryer.

Comment

Just bought the wife a new pair of Whirlpool Cabrios. They seem nice so far.

Comment

I have top load Whirlpool that’s 7 yrs old with no problems. I also have the dryer with no problems. I’ve have good luck with whirlpool.

Comment

Sign up with American Home shield and place a claim shortly after.
                All manufactures suck!

Comment

Get you a fitty gallon barrel, fill it half full of soapy wawtur and bang on the side with a big ol stick.

Comment

Just replaced our Samsung (front loader) washer and dryer with the Speed Queen top loader washer and standard dryer. So far could not be happier with them.

Comment

Because of the declining quality and disappointing experience with digital washers and dryers I went back to dial machines. The older Naytag Neptune’s don’t have a great reputation but bearings and seals are still available. Lately I’ve been ordering bearings separately from bearing houses instead of the el cheapo bearing/seal kits on eBay and Amazon. I’m used to making repairs on more than one set so it’s no big deal to take them apart.

Comment

They're not made like they used to be, but our Maytag washer and dryer are still going strong after 35 years. I've replaced a belt or two, a hose, and I have to add some grease to keep a wheel on the dryer from squeaking every couple of years.
                        I don't know what we'll do when they finally die.

Comment

Top loader and as simple as possible. Avoid digital readouts. Look for knobs. All are built for planed obsolescence so they will never last like they used to. They are designed to fail in 5-7 years IMHO.

Comment

In all honesty, I have never paid for a washer or dryer. My mom gave me her simple dryer when I got married. It was 25 years old. I kept it until I turned 50 and gave it to my inlaws and installed a freebie from a friend who just had to upgrade. They gave it away when they moved. We were given a washing machine when we got married when a friend upgraded and again 10 years ago when another friend upgraded to a front loader. I'm certain they regret that decision. Ask around who might be getting rid of an old washer and dryer. They won't be pretty, fancy or even matching, but I bet they last a long time. No one I know has had any luck with Samsung past 3 years and I don't know of anyone who has a front load washing machine over 3 years. That was a dumb idea. I'm hopeful that I can keep our current washer and dryer working for another 30 years.

As an option, watch the roadsides. I see washers and dryer routinely in the trash that look fine. They likely need <$20 in parts to run great. Folks throw things away so fast these days and just buy new.
                            Last edited by Outback; 04-08-2021, 02:32 PM.

Comment

OP it sounds like Speed Queen or going old school is best bet. FWIW if you decide to go old school there are several available on Offerup etc at very reasonable prices. I just replaced my dryer with one off there for $60. Picked it up at a storage complex & was being sold by mgmnt, guessing they didn't pay their rent, it works like a champ. You gotta be hawking the sites and jump on it quick when a really great deal pops though, the flippers will snatch up deals like that real quick & relist it the same day for double the price
                              Last edited by woodsbound; 04-08-2021, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Tried the front loved it at first then it went down hill. Went back to old fashion top load no bells and whistles and clothes smell fresh again. We will never go back to front load. Plus old school is way cheaper. We got a Whirlpool

Comment

Working...
                                X