Mature Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mature Buck

I had a mature buck show up the feeder today and he had cast both antlers already. Thought it was a little early for that....

Not necessarily, we have some that shed early like this, especially when they have been running hard all season and are really wore down.

Comment

we have a few dropped as well.

Comment

Shot this buck earlier this year and hit him high spent the season chasing him but he lost his antlers 2 weeks ago according to trail cam. He lost neck mass and some weight but buck is healthy just wore down completely, this is a 4.5 yr old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had one drop almost a month ago....before at least 12/16 anyway

Comment

My brother shot a Buck Saturday and when we went to load it one side came off. I laughed, he didn’t!

Comment

Has two on camera already dropped out West. Nothing to see a few dropping already for us

Comment

It is just a little unusual for us here. I talked to my biologist about this and he thinks the combination of the drought and the cold spell we just had is really stressing them.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                  It is just a little unusual for us here. I talked to my biologist about this and he thinks the combination of the drought and the cold spell we just had is really stressing them.

Y’all are in a drought?

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                    Where is here? If it's Richland Springs then it's totally normal.

Comment

Yes, it's Richland Springs. Never seen it happen this early before....and we have had the place for 14 years.

Comment

I've been hunting Richland Springs for 12 years and I saw a young 6 that had shed 1 side and the other side was as white a chalk. This was between Christmas and New Year Day. Early from my experience as well. And it wasn't broken off. Early she'd hunting season.

Comment

Are you feeding free choice protein year round?

Comment

Working...
                          X