Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 05-26-2022, 09:50 AM   #251
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper76 View Post
Thatís really good to hear! I hope to never need it but the five year five day repair or replacement, was the deciding factor for me.
You and me both. The more I use the unit the more I like it. I think Pulsars 640 units have a better image quality but the warranty, the battery life, the free extra battery and of course the most important thing is that optical zoom.

It was funny when this scope came out, a few years ago I emailed Jason saying that digital zoom is worhtless and they really need to figure out optical zoom. When this unit came out I felt obligated to buy it lol. I can't wait for it to be available in a scope.
Fordnandez is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2022, 10:27 AM   #252
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Anyone had any luck lately? I went out Friday night calling from 1030-230am and dindt see anything other than a racoon and a deer. Man it was hot......... I was sweating until midnight almost.
Old 06-14-2022, 10:46 AM   #253
ultrastealth
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnandez View Post
Anyone had any luck lately? I went out Friday night calling from 1030-230am and dindt see anything other than a racoon and a deer. Man it was hot......... I was sweating until midnight almost.
A friend and I killed 8-10 hogs with thermals up near Cleveland Saturday night. I wasn't terribly impressed with his thermal stuff. It was mostly 320 stuff, and, in the heat, the contrast was pretty bad. I would have been better off with my PVS-14 and an IR laser.
ultrastealth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2022, 03:44 PM   #254
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrastealth View Post
A friend and I killed 8-10 hogs with thermals up near Cleveland Saturday night. I wasn't terribly impressed with his thermal stuff. It was mostly 320 stuff, and, in the heat, the contrast was pretty bad. I would have been better off with my PVS-14 and an IR laser.
Hot and humid nights are less than optimal for thermal for sure.
Old 06-30-2022, 08:10 AM   #255
Jethro
Ten Point

Hunt In: Loco, Quail, Lutie, Needwood.

For anyone looking for a Hogster R35 I have one up for sale in the classifieds. It has been a good unit for me, mostly used as a scanner and sometimes as a backup. I am selling it to upgrade into a unit with LRF and internal recording.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=845754
Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-16-2022, 01:41 AM   #256
RedYote
Six Point

Hunt In: Texas

Hadnít been out in awhile. Found a couple in some think stuff with the pulsar after a few minutes and shot this one.
Attached Images

RedYote is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2022, 05:13 PM   #257
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Shotgun is the way to go when you are hunting thick areas that you cant see very far. I use turkey 3.5" 12 ga and it is great for groups of hogs. I cant get a straight answer if I can mount my Thermion on my shotgun. I know it is rated for a 12ga but it doesnt say 3.5" 12 ga.
Old 07-19-2022, 05:17 PM   #258
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Went out this past weekend to the lease and ended up with one hog and a fox. Trying to get the video put together. BIL shot this hog but forgot to press record on the thermal. I would have been mad at him but I have made the mistake several times myself getting caught up in the moment.
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2022, 11:19 AM   #259
TX03RUBI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hall County

Been too dang busy to hunt this past year and a half. Don’t think I’ve been out all night in over a year, and have only gone for an hour or two less than a handful of times. Sold a few of my thermals already this year. Getting rid of my last one as well as a PVS now. If things slow down next year I’ll grab another one or two then.

I’ll cut a smoking deal on a Pulsar XG50 with 2 spare batteries and rings as well as a Omni 8 PVS 14 and helmet setup. $3600 for the XG $1750 for the PVS, or $5200 together.
TX03RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-20-2022, 11:20 AM   #260
TX03RUBI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hall County

Oh and I guess I’ve got a like new Steiner CQBL I can throw in for some extra pesos
TX03RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-20-2022, 07:03 PM   #261
duckmanep
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX03RUBI View Post
Been too dang busy to hunt this past year and a half. Donít think Iíve been out all night in over a year, and have only gone for an hour or two less than a handful of times. Sold a few of my thermals already this year. Getting rid of my last one as well as a PVS now. If things slow down next year Iíll grab another one or two then.

Iíll cut a smoking deal on a Pulsar XG50 with 2 spare batteries and rings as well as a Omni 8 PVS 14 and helmet setup. $3600 for the XG $1750 for the PVS, or $5200 together.
that xg is tempting. shouldn't last long.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-04-2022, 08:48 PM   #262
J-Carp
Ten Point

Default 2022 Thermal and Night Vision thread.

Just bought my first thermal optic from outdoor legacy gear today. AGM Asp160 monocular. Canít wait for it to get here.
J-Carp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2022, 09:26 AM   #263
duckmanep
Pope & Young

got an Adder 35-384 to try out. Impressed with the image looking at cows in the pasture. Will get it mounted and start hunting in the next couple weeks. Anyone else running one?

Old 11-02-2022, 12:08 PM   #264
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanep View Post
got an Adder 35-384 to try out. Impressed with the image looking at cows in the pasture. Will get it mounted and start hunting in the next couple weeks. Anyone else running one?

X2.

I'd like to know too. I was thinkin about getting me one of these.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2022, 07:22 PM   #265
okrattler
Pope & Young

Has anyone used the iRay Bolt? From some reviews I've read they say it's better than an AGM Rattler.
Old 11-07-2022, 09:52 AM   #266
Jethro
Ten Point

Friend of mine is a dealer for AGM. He has had me helping him out demoing some of the units. I had the Adder 50-384 on one of my guns for a while and the image was pretty impressive. Better than my 1rst gen Thermion XQ-50. "Maybe" the best image in a 384 thermal I have seen so far. Now I like some of the features on the Thermion better for sure. Like the recessed menu button on the knob on the side. The adder it isn't recessed and is pretty easy to bump it. By the time you get batteries and mounts on both of them they are pretty close to the same weight too. To me the Thermion has better reticles and color pallets, more options. But the Adder is a heck of a good image quality for the money. Would be very hard to beat if you are on a fairly tight budget.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:32 PM   #267
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches Co. & NW Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
X2.

I'd like to know too. I was thinkin about getting me one of these.
The Adder 384 resolution scopes are a very good value for the dollar. You can check out our reviews below. Feel free to call us if you have more questions.

Outdoor Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2022, 09:38 PM   #268
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Has anyone used the iRay Bolt? From some reviews I've read they say it's better than an AGM Rattler.
The Bolt TL35 is what we consider a "mid-range" thermal. It's in the class of the Bering Super Hogster, Thermion 2 XQ35/XQ50 Pro (XQ38's are discontinued), iRay Bravo etc. These are all very solid scopes and a good step above the entry level optics. The Bolt has been right in the mix at $3,299 for a long time but recently iRay USA is running a fall promo on the TL35 for $2,699 which is insanely cheap. So what that does is put a good mid range thermal down into the entry level thermal price range.

Above I was referencing the Adders and while we still consider them entry level image quality the are definitely a step above the rest and they sort of bridge the gap. However, the Bolt TL35 offers a better image quality than the Adders. However, the Adders still offer some benefits like a free $200 American Defense mount included, still less expensive, audio recording etc. It's too hard to compare them all here but as always, there are pros and cons to each scope. But at $2,699 the Bolt TL35's are an insanely good deal right now and they fit the bill for a lot of people and they are getting snatched up quickly. Not sure how long the deal will last.

Jason
Old 11-09-2022, 12:05 AM   #269
okrattler
Pope & Young

Awesome reviews and information on both scopes. My buddy is who told me about the Bolt TL35 and the deal that iRay has on them right now as you mentioned so I was curious about that particular scope.

What I like about the AGM Adder is from the reviews it seems to have better battery life. When I go hog huntin/varmint huntin in Texas we're constantly on the go so I don't know that I'd have much time at all to recharge the scope so I'd be using the replaceable batteries more than not. I just think it would be handy to have a scope that I can pop a battery in having multiple on standby if needed. So video quality,sound and things of that nature aren't as important to me as the run time of the scope itself. The less I have to worry about it dying in the field the better.

I really think the Bolt is probably a better scope for the money and from what I have heard it has a great warranty if anything should happen. But as you mentioned both have their pros and cons. In all honesty I probably wouldn't regret buying either one. I'd just rather have the best of the two the first go round.

I appreciate you taking the time to write all of that up and post videos Jason.

Last edited by okrattler; 11-09-2022 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:17 AM   #270
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
What I like about the AGM Adder is from the reviews it seems to have better battery life. When I go hog huntin/varmint huntin in Texas we're constantly on the go so I don't know that I'd have much time at all to recharge the scope so I'd be using the replaceable batteries more than not. I just think it would be handy to have a scope that I can pop a battery in having multiple on standby if needed. .......

I appreciate you taking the time to write all of that up and post videos Jason.
So there is a bit of confusion there. That's not how the Adder works but it is how the Bolt or Pulsar Thermions work. See the Adder has a long internal battery life but to use the removable battery (CR123) you MUST have the battery in the scope before the internal battery dies. Once the internal battery dies you can't turn the scope on from the CR123. It doesn't have the power to start the scope but it has the power to run it. So once that CR123 goes dead along with the internal, the scope is done until it's plugged into a power source to be re-charged enough to run the internal battery again. Also the CR123 is not used by the scope until the internal battery is already dead. So the CR123 is literally a last ditch effort to get you an hour or so more of run time.

On the other hand, the Bolt and Thermions use the removable battery FIRST and the internal battery last. So you can feed those scopes removable batteries until you run out of them. And it doesn't matter if the internal battery is already dead, the removable batteries will still power up and run the scope with no issue. So when it comes to batteries, the Bolts and Thermions actually hold a edge. For guys that aren't hunting very long hours like you're talking about, the Adder is great.

So again, nothing wrong with the Adder and it does have an internal battery that last a few hours longer than the Bolt but the removable battery setup is a little finicky and can basically only be used as a very short lasting emergency gas tank.

I know that's confusing but hopefully it makes sense. If not, just let me know.

Thanks for the kind words, we're always glad to help and if anyone is looking for a scope or needing help deciding exactly which model works for them, give Hans or myself a call. (877)350-1818

Jason
Old 11-09-2022, 01:14 PM   #271
quackNthwack
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
So there is a bit of confusion there. That's not how the Adder works but it is how the Bolt or Pulsar Thermions work. See the Adder has a long internal battery life but to use the removable battery (CR123) you MUST have the battery in the scope before the internal battery dies. Once the internal battery dies you can't turn the scope on from the CR123. It doesn't have the power to start the scope but it has the power to run it. So once that CR123 goes dead along with the internal, the scope is done until it's plugged into a power source to be re-charged enough to run the internal battery again. Also the CR123 is not used by the scope until the internal battery is already dead. So the CR123 is literally a last ditch effort to get you an hour or so more of run time.

On the other hand, the Bolt and Thermions use the removable battery FIRST and the internal battery last. So you can feed those scopes removable batteries until you run out of them. And it doesn't matter if the internal battery is already dead, the removable batteries will still power up and run the scope with no issue. So when it comes to batteries, the Bolts and Thermions actually hold a edge. For guys that aren't hunting very long hours like you're talking about, the Adder is great.

So again, nothing wrong with the Adder and it does have an internal battery that last a few hours longer than the Bolt but the removable battery setup is a little finicky and can basically only be used as a very short lasting emergency gas tank.

Thanks for the kind words, we're always glad to help and if anyone is looking for a scope or needing help deciding exactly which model works for them, give Hans or myself a call. (877)350-1818

Jason
So, if you're dropping $3K on a thermal tomorrow it's going to be the IRay TL35? Or is there something else you like better?

My FIL has the Trail XP50 which is great, but hoping to not drop quite that much. I have a few black guns and a can, but really want a .308 for knockdown.

Looking at POF, but could be convinced otherwise if people like something better for pig killing.
quackNthwack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2022, 04:58 PM   #272
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:

Jason
That makes perfect sense. You just sold me a Bolt. That's the one I'm gonna go with. Hopefully I can get one before they sell out of them.

Awesome information Jason, again I appreciate you taking the time to share all of the knowledge you have on these things.
Old 11-10-2022, 10:22 AM   #273
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackNthwack View Post
So, if you're dropping $3K on a thermal tomorrow it's going to be the IRay TL35? Or is there something else you like better?

My FIL has the Trail XP50 which is great, but hoping to not drop quite that much. I have a few black guns and a can, but really want a .308 for knockdown.

Looking at POF, but could be convinced otherwise if people like something better for pig killing.
Great question. I think it really depends on what you're going to be doing with it. There are a lot of great scopes under $3,000 these days and even though the Bolt TL35 has the best image quality of the lot it's definitely not always the correct choice. First off it's a 3x base mag which is a lot more than many people, especially hog hunters, want or need. Again, this can depend on terrain, the hunting method (spot/stalk, feeders etc). There are some really nice scopes under $2,500 like Rattlers, Bering Hogster Vibe 25 etc. And we can't forget the new Pulsar Talion XQ38 that is fantastic and by FAR one of my favorites.

So honestly, the scope I'd choose would be totally dependent on what I'm personally doing and I might suggest something totally different for you. The mistake that is so easy to fall into is believing that one scope is "better" so it must be the "best" choice. The thermals we sell are tools and they each have their own strong points that makes them stand out in some way from the others. If scope brings nothing new, different, better or offers nothing unique, we don't have much interest in it. So it all boils down to me knowing exactly how someone is going to use the scope and a whole slough of other info like, shooting distances, terrain, weather conditions, rifle setup(s), options needed/wanted etc.

I'd suggest giving us a call when you're ready to narrow it down and Hans or I will be glad to ask some questions and help you narrow it down to one or two options that fit exactly what you're wanting to do!

Sorry for the non-answer but I hope that helps explain why.

Thanks!

Jason
Old 11-10-2022, 01:04 PM   #274
quackNthwack
Four Point

Quote:
Great question. I think it really depends on what you're going to be doing with it. There are a lot of great scopes under $3,000 these days and even though the Bolt TL35 has the best image quality of the lot it's definitely not always the correct choice. First off it's a 3x base mag which is a lot more than many people, especially hog hunters, want or need. Again, this can depend on terrain, the hunting method (spot/stalk, feeders etc). There are some really nice scopes under $2,500 like Rattlers, Bering Hogster Vibe 25 etc. And we can't forget the new Pulsar Talion XQ38 that is fantastic and by FAR one of my favorites.

So honestly, the scope I'd choose would be totally dependent on what I'm personally doing and I might suggest something totally different for you. The mistake that is so easy to fall into is believing that one scope is "better" so it must be the "best" choice. The thermals we sell are tools and they each have their own strong points that makes them stand out in some way from the others. If scope brings nothing new, different, better or offers nothing unique, we don't have much interest in it. So it all boils down to me knowing exactly how someone is going to use the scope and a whole slough of other info like, shooting distances, terrain, weather conditions, rifle setup(s), options needed/wanted etc.

I'd suggest giving us a call when you're ready to narrow it down and Hans or I will be glad to ask some questions and help you narrow it down to one or two options that fit exactly what you're wanting to do!

Sorry for the non-answer but I hope that helps explain why.

Thanks!

Jason

Very helpful. When work slows down a bit, I'll be doing just that.
quackNthwack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2022, 03:02 PM   #275
dclifton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lindale Tx, Crowell Tx, pearsall Tx

What would you guys recommend for a scanner. Thinking of starting with a thermal scanner to begin with. To pair with my NV scope.
dclifton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2022, 02:05 PM   #276
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclifton View Post
What would you guys recommend for a scanner. Thinking of starting with a thermal scanner to begin with. To pair with my NV scope.
What is your approximate budget and what sort of terrain are you in, how far will you be looking etc.

Jason
Old 11-13-2022, 06:21 PM   #277
dclifton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lindale Tx, Crowell Tx, pearsall Tx

Quote:
What is your approximate budget and what sort of terrain are you in, how far will you be looking etc.

Jason
East texas. 500 ish yards and in. Donít have any idea on budget. Under 2k
dclifton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-15-2022, 12:54 AM   #278
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclifton View Post
East texas. 500 ish yards and in. Donít have any idea on budget. Under 2k
$2,000 and under I'd look really hard at these two....

Pulsar Axion 2 XQ35 $1,999
https://outdoorlegacygear.com/produc...rmal-monocular

iRay Cabin CBL19 $1,799
https://outdoorlegacygear.com/produc...rmal-monocular

You can drop down below these into the $1,500-$1,600 range and you'll take a hit on image quality or have a non-removable rechargeable battery. You can drop down below $1,500 and take a bigger hit on image quality AND have a non-removable rechargeable battery. I'm not saying either of those things are the end of the world but I'm just letting you know what the different price ranges will get you.

Feel free to call us if you'd like to talk in more detail about handhelds.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:43 AM   #279
ATI
Ten Point

Hunt In: TEXAS

Question for the experts.

Since we now now how good the Talion XQ38 is; (The battery life is actually 7 hours and not the 9 hours they initially said, not sure the actual Battery life on Thermion 2 XQ38 is... and the only big difference is the image quality at more than 175+ Yards)

Would y'all recommend the Talion XQ38 for roughly $2600 or The Thermion 2 XQ38 for roughly $3400?
ATI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-16-2022, 11:23 AM   #280
duckmanep
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI View Post

Since we now now how good the Talion XQ38 is; (The battery life is actually 7 hours and not the 9 hours they initially said, not sure the actual Battery life on Thermion 2 XQ38 is... and the only big difference is the image quality at more than 175+ Yards)

Would y'all recommend the Talion XQ38 for roughly $2600 or The Thermion 2 XQ38 for roughly $3400?
just get one of the iray rico rs75's.

Old 11-16-2022, 10:27 PM   #281
Acostades
Ten Point

Hunt In: junction tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
I have been making a few custom wood coyote calls here the last couple months for friends and family. Mostly closed reed distress, just playing around on the wood lathe. I sure do like killing coyotes with calls I have made myself. Here are a couple pics of a few of the coyotes we have killed with my calls and the calls we used.

What kind of scope are you using?
Acostades is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-16-2022, 11:58 PM   #282
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI View Post

Yes my Talion battery bench test was 7hrs 12mins. VERY impressive for a $80 removable battery and the only thermal scope under $3,300 to have a removable/rechargeable battery.

The Thermion 2 XQ38 is discontinued and has been replaced by the Thermion 2 XQ35 Pro. My bench test on it was 9hrs 53mins with both the internal non-removable battery and the removable APS2 battery.

My answer to which I'd recommend comes down to the budget since they are both the exact same 2.5x base magnification. The XQ35 absolutely has a significantly better image quality and ID range and that's a huge plus even if you aren't shooting over 100-200 yards. But if you prefer the sub-$3,000 price, the Talion offers a lot of value for the dollar and it will definitely get the job done inside of 200 yards.

At the end of the day, the decision is going to be made on money. If you won the lottery there is no reason to buy the Talion over the Thermion 2 XQ35 Pro but at the same time, most of didn't win the lottery so budgets and wise spending are still a real thing.

Here is our review of both scopes for those who haven't seen them...

Jason

Old 11-17-2022, 12:00 AM   #283
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanep View Post
just get one of the iray rico rs75's.

HA!!! The first RS75's are supposed to be in our warehouse by the end of the week. The first two shipments are all pre-sold but we might get him one on the third round.
Old 11-17-2022, 11:23 AM   #284
ATI
Ten Point

Hunt In: TEXAS

Quote:
Yes my Talion battery bench test was 7hrs 12mins. VERY impressive for a $80 removable battery and the only thermal scope under $3,300 to have a removable/rechargeable battery.

The Thermion 2 XQ38 is discontinued and has been replaced by the Thermion 2 XQ35 Pro. My bench test on it was 9hrs 53mins with both the internal non-removable battery and the removable APS2 battery.

My answer to which I'd recommend comes down to the budget since they are both the exact same 2.5x base magnification. The XQ35 absolutely has a significantly better image quality and ID range and that's a huge plus even if you aren't shooting over 100-200 yards. But if you prefer the sub-$3,000 price, the Talion offers a lot of value for the dollar and it will definitely get the job done inside of 200 yards.

At the end of the day, the decision is going to be made on money. If you won the lottery there is no reason to buy the Talion over the Thermion 2 XQ35 Pro but at the same time, most of didn't win the lottery so budgets and wise spending are still a real thing.

Here is our review of both scopes for those who haven't seen them...

Jason

Ep. 236 | Pulsar Thermion 2 XQ35 Pro **Review** - YouTube

Ep. 224 | Pulsar Talion XQ38 **FEATURED REVIEW** - YouTube
As always, THANK YOU!
ATI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2022, 06:23 PM   #285
Jethro
Ten Point

Acostades, my primary is a Thermion XQ50 that I got from Jason probably 3-3.5 years ago, my backup/scanner/lightweight pig gun optic is an AGM TS35 Varmint LRF. BTW, that is not my gun in the picture above, that is my friends rifle who was hunting with me that night. Those are calls that I made though.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:30 AM   #286
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Havent had as many opportunities to hunt recently that I would have liked but I put together the video below from a few of my hunts and a few from Bazo.

If anyone has any videos they want to share PM me and I can send you my email address and I can upload it to youtube to share.

https://youtu.be/i3_JZYV-d5A
Old 11-24-2022, 10:42 AM   #287
Stoneman1
Four Point

Hunt In: Uvalde

I'm about to purchase the IRAY Bolt 35 and was wondering what QD mount would work best for it? Would the American Defense Mfg Ad- Recon work with this scope? In it's description it just says it fits all Pulsar Thermion scopes. Is there a better option?
Stoneman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2022, 05:50 PM   #288
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

The model we sell fits all Pulsar Thermions, iRay Bolts and AGM Adders BUT AGM includes this mount with the Adders, so there is no need to buy it.

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/produc...-ad-recon-30mm
Old 11-25-2022, 07:37 PM   #289
okrattler
Pope & Young

I haven't seen this information anywhere. I wondered if the iRay Bolt has multi-caliber capabilities? It would be nice to be able to move it to different rifles using a quick detach mount. Since I haven't seen anything that said it does I doubt it but I was curious about that.
Old 11-26-2022, 10:46 PM   #290
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
I haven't seen this information anywhere. I wondered if the iRay Bolt has multi-caliber capabilities? It would be nice to be able to move it to different rifles using a quick detach mount. Since I haven't seen anything that said it does I doubt it but I was curious about that.
Do you mean multiple zeroing profiles, where you can move it from rifle to rifle? If so, then yes sir, you can zero for 3 different rifles and with something like the American Defense QD that we use you can swap it between multiple rifles.

Jason
Old 11-27-2022, 01:46 PM   #291
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Do you mean multiple zeroing profiles, where you can move it from rifle to rifle? If so, then yes sir, you can zero for 3 different rifles and with something like the American Defense QD that we use you can swap it between multiple rifles.

Jason
Yes, I wasn't exactly sure how to word that. I hadn't seen those specs on it anywhere so I wondered about that. That's all I was needing to know.

Thank you.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:11 PM   #292
Bazo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where I can

Shot a Thanksgiving Eve bobcat. Good size female.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-27-2022, 05:14 PM   #293
HoustonHunter94
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma, TX

First time posting on this thread. I dipped my toes in the thermal waters with a AGM Rattler TS25 and a Savage Axis 243. Had an absolute blast at my OK lease over Thanksgiving. Killed 2 coyotes. We killed 6 all together but 2 with the thermal. Iím hooked and Iím sure this will get expensive. I will say there is a learning curve with the technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HoustonHunter94 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-27-2022, 10:57 PM   #294
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Yes, I wasn't exactly sure how to word that. I hadn't seen those specs on it anywhere so I wondered about that. That's all I was needing to know.

Thank you.
Yes sir, glad to help!
Old 11-27-2022, 10:58 PM   #295
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazo View Post
Shot a Thanksgiving Eve bobcat. Good size female.
Heck ya! Dang nice bobcat right there!
Old 11-30-2022, 08:57 PM   #296
Lip
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever

My sister had a bobcat stealing her chickens so I put the trail cam out one evening to see what time it was coming in and the next night I set up my blind. Unfortunately forgot to hit record on the thermal but got him around 2:00 am.

Name:  2022-11-22 09.49.14.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  601.3 KB

Name:  2022-11-22 10.00.52.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  566.7 KB
Lip is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2022, 09:37 AM   #297
Bazo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip View Post
My sister had a bobcat stealing her chickens so I put the trail cam out one evening to see what time it was coming in and the next night I set up my blind. Unfortunately forgot to hit record on the thermal but got him around 2:00 am.

Attachment 1111185

Attachment 1111186
That's a beauty of a cat!
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-02-2022, 09:04 AM   #298
ahlongslide
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.

Probably a dumb question but I can’t find an answer despite lots of googling. I bought an AGM Comanche 40 3aw1 Clip-on on Black Friday. I was trying to find the best short scope to pair with it. It’s says “max of 12x”. I was leaning toward the Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56 but didn’t know if having a 56mm objective paired with a clip on helped or hurt. Any suggestions would be welcome.
I say short scope because I figured the closer I can mount the 2 pound clip on to the rear of the rifle the better.
ahlongslide is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2022, 02:00 PM   #299
sahunter
Eight Point

Hunt In: Central and South Texas

tagged
sahunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-14-2022, 10:18 PM   #300
bsills
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Menard County

Any new technology/upgrades coming out in 2023? Interested in thermal scopes