Repairs to the Cleaning station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repairs to the Cleaning station

I built this cleaning station a few years ago, and it has worked Great, except for the bowing of the top when you hang 3 to 4 animals on it, lol. However, there are no shelves or hooks or anything to help hold stuff, knifes, Loppers, waterhose, etc... So I've been toying with a few ideas...stay tuned to see what it will look like when I'm done.
    Attached Files

Portable

I still like the idea of keeping this portable. It breaks down pretty easily and is still pretty sturdy. I will be adding steel cable on wench's to each side this time...rope was just a pain to deal with.
    Attached Files

Comment

I can see a shelf at each end..a small bar sink, with a t so you can have a rinse down hose and a place to clean hands and knives...maybe some lights

Comment

how about one of those garage caddies? u know for the shovel, rakes and what not. couple of hooks on the back and just hang it to the bar on the side

Comment

How about a magnetic strip on the eventual shelf to hold knives.

Comment

Magnet

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
            How about a magnetic strip on the eventual shelf to hold knives.
            I like that idea, stopped by Harb'R'Fr8t to get some more grinder wheels and found a Big Magnet, 250# lift capacity...this thing is strong, has a warning for people with Pacemakers to stay away.... It will definetly hold my knifes

The only concern is magnetizing my knifes... Anyone heard any Cons on magnetizing knifes, seen them on cooking shows and stuff, but never used them myself.

Comment

more pics

Finally got the pics off the camera, here's what I got so far...almost done.

Have this 4 Wheeler cage that's not removable, been a pain to lift that extra 3 inches. Decided I want a tailgate or removable gate on the back, so here starts another project, or my OCD/ADD started again I had some left over material from my tripod build, so 1 shelve was basically premade I just had to weld a cross piece to cover the ends where I cut it off. The other one is customer fab'd. I built this before the magnet idea, so one will have a tray to hold the knives from falling off. Turned out great. The only thing is this Oak and tree pollen has been kicking my butt, can't go outside and play without paying a price. Now all I have to do is paint them and the shelves are done.
              Attached Files

Comment

looking good!

Comment

Good idea, will make things muy better.

Comment

pretty cool

Comment

Mods for night cleaning

Buddy bought some cheap LED lights from wally word, think ~20$ so we could have better lighting. Been using a light tree setup, and/or ground shop light. Problem is they only shine one direction, and casts shadows when people walk around. Tied these to the top with some zip ties and walla, light from above.
                      Found this thread from when I made the shelves, figured I would update . . . 10ys later

This thing lights up the whole camp now.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's what I'm talking about! Very cool upgrades!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx-Burt View Post
                          Finally got the pics off the camera
                          Back when you had a digital camera that needed to be plugged up to the computer, download the pictures, then upload to the internet.

Kids today would never understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx-Burt View Post
                            Buddy bought some cheap LED lights from wally word, think ~20$ so we could have better lighting. Been using a light tree setup, and/or ground shop light. Problem is they only shine one direction, and casts shadows when people walk around. Tied these to the top with some zip ties and walla, light from above.
                            Found this thread from when I made the shelves, figured I would update . . . 10ys later

This thing lights up the whole camp now.
                            Good work lasts forever! Nicely done......

Comment

I like them lights.

Comment

Working...
                              X