Suicide Awareness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suicide Awareness

I got some news this morning that hit me like a wall. A new employee I had trained for the past 6 weeks took his own life on Sunday. He had been through a divorce (27 year marriage) in January, and leaves behind two teenage children. It's just a tragic situation and I can't imagine the hurt his family is feeling right now.

The reason I felt compelled to share this is that I can only hope if any of you have ever had the slightest thought of taking your own life; please just talk to someone. I am certain I had the most interaction with this man in the past month. I worked with him daily for a few weeks, and then had daily calls to review his day and help him through any challenges on our company software. I knew he had been through some tough times recently, but not once did he give any inclination that he was in a place that dark. He was always happy, and spoke about how much he was enjoying the job and his new start in life. He spoke about the future with his oldest child starting college in the town he had moved to this fall, and had made an offer on a house on Saturday.

I don't have the slightest understanding of depression, and I hope I never do. I'm not here to judge the decision he made. What I do understand is the pain that suicide leaves behind for many others. I lost a close family member to suicide years ago, and this event has reminded me of that scar and the pain that his family will now deal with for the rest of their lives. So please ladies and gentlemen, if you're going through a tough time; keep going. Talk to someone. I have replayed my conversations in the last month with this guy in my head all day and wish for anything I would have noticed something and possibly made a difference.

I have a daughter that deals with depression. The sickness is real. Prayers for his family

Comment

Don’t beat yourself up OP. Prayers for you and this mans family it doesn’t sound like he gave you any clues he was that far down in the hole. Depression and mental illnesses are hard for experts to to understand
      Last edited by Killer; 05-22-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
        I have a daughter that deals with depression. The sickness is real. Prayers for his family

Me too, it’s scary and baffling but real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At the first sign of depression get them help . . I had one chance with my son and I missed the cue . . God bless . .

Comment

We had a lab tech that we seen everyday bringing in samples.
            His best buddy that worked with him got the call about him taking his life.
            He was pretty messed up about it. He told us that he was with him the night before he did it and never showed any signs.

Comment

A good friend of mine passed away a few years ago from brain cancer. He was 54.
              This past weekend would have been his 56th birthday. His 21 year old son took his own life, this weekend, on his dads birthday.. Just horrible.. Such a tragedy.. Depression is an invisible monster!!!!!

Comment

Depression is a horrible sickness

Comment

One of my closest friends lost his oldest son 14 years ago. He was 17. Dad says he has gotten over it but I know better than that. Hell I hate it for them to this day and all I ever did was hunt and fish with that boy

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                  Yes it is. I see it at least once a week.

You got my number. By all means lemme know if yall need something. No matter the time.

Comment

It is very much real and I pray for anyone dealing with it. We lost my mother in law this month the day before mothers day due to this sickness.

Comment

My heart aches for anyone that has lost a friend or loved one to this. My Son, and Daughter both suffer from Depression. My 19 y/o Sons best friend, we just lost him to this a month ago. Boy was at my house everyday, sweet kid. Was like a second son to me. We never new. Devastating.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                        I got some news this morning that hit me like a wall. A new employee I had trained for the past 6 weeks took his own life on Sunday. He had been through a divorce (27 year marriage) in January, and leaves behind two teenage children. It's just a tragic situation and I can't imagine the hurt his family is feeling right now.

The reason I felt compelled to share this is that I can only hope if any of you have ever had the slightest thought of taking your own life; please just talk to someone. I am certain I had the most interaction with this man in the past month. I worked with him daily for a few weeks, and then had daily calls to review his day and help him through any challenges on our company software. I knew he had been through some tough times recently, but not once did he give any inclination that he was in a place that dark. He was always happy, and spoke about how much he was enjoying the job and his new start in life. He spoke about the future with his oldest child starting college in the town he had moved to this fall, and had made an offer on a house on Saturday.

I don't have the slightest understanding of depression, and I hope I never do. I'm not here to judge the decision he made. What I do understand is the pain that suicide leaves behind for many others. I lost a close family member to suicide years ago, and this event has reminded me of that scar and the pain that his family will now deal with for the rest of their lives. So please ladies and gentlemen, if you're going through a tough time; keep going. Talk to someone. I have replayed my conversations in the last month with this guy in my head all day and wish for anything I would have noticed something and possibly made a difference.
                        Don't go down that rabbit hole...I can tell you from first hand experience that there is nothing there.

One of my best friends died by suicide on 2/21/2016. I knew him for 12 years...we were coworkers, golfed together, ate lunch nearly everyday together, family BBQs, you get the picture. The Friday before he died was like any other Friday and we were even making plans for that coming Monday...he hung himself that Sunday.

I later found out he was dealing with a lot of family problems that he kept hidden and obviously was not dealing with some very serious mental health problems. I've played that Friday and the weeks leading up to that Sunday over and over and over in my mind looking for clues as did so many other people in his life and no one saw it coming.

Sorry for your loss...suicide does not end the pain, it just passes it to someone else. If anyone is seriously contemplating it, pick up the phone...call someone, anyone, PM me even and just talk.

Comment

Sorry brother. There is no way to make it easier. I’ve lost an aunt and a cousin both to suicide within months of each other. All it does it take whatever they’re going through and push it off on someone else. It’s okay to feel lost, angry, guilty or whatever else you may be going through. In my experience people that are that torn up with depression are going to do what they want to do. They become pros at putting on a front because they don’t want any help. My uncles wife (I refuse to call her an aunt, wouldn’t **** on her if she was on fire) just walked on on him after nearly 30 years. Mom passed, she took the money and ran and has turned their kids on him. With our family Boston I’ve been watching him like a hawk. He acts like he’s fine but I know deep down it’s hurting him. Hopefully he pulls through alright.

Prayers for you buddy.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family.

I lost my Twin brother, my best friend of 40 years to this illness on July4th 2012... Never saw it coming.

Comment

prayers

Comment

Working...
                              X