2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    He's in Bay City... great guy too as well!

Shop is Salt Swag.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
      What edge would you say the Shoalwater has over the EP?

I know Shoalwater is pretty much protected no matter the wind direction and is super shallow with a couple nice holes

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        Id get one of those flashing vests I see the bicyclists wearing. Lol. I didn’t even think about skeeters.
        I know we like to have caught malaria one time fishing Surfside in the evening
        Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
        I know Shoalwater is pretty much protected no matter the wind direction and is super shallow with a couple nice holes

I think hes talking about the difference in a shoalwater and el pescador boats

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone have a baitcast reel they are parting with? Looking to upgrade and want something that’s decent but don’t want to buy new.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            think hes talking about the difference in a shoalwater and el pescador boats

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well don’t I feel stupid...that makes perfectly good sense

Comment

Well don’t I feel stupid...that makes perfectly good sense

Yessir, talking about the boats. Without experience on either, just by looking at them, I would have thought the el pescador would do better than the shoalwater in both shallow water and chop. I know JP owned an EP 24 cat, so was curious about his putting it second on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                Anyone have a baitcast reel they are parting with? Looking to upgrade and want something that’s decent but don’t want to buy new.

I have a One3 Concept TXZ I could possibly be talked out of.

Last edited by Brazos Hunter; 03-22-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Yessir, talking about the boats. Without experience on either, just by looking at them, I would have thought the el pescador would do better than the shoalwater in both shallow water and chop. I know JP owned an EP 24 cat, so was curious about his putting it second on the list.

I have a friend who sold his 23’ JH because it wouldn’t run shallow enough. Bought a 23’ Shoalwater and loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    I keep saying that also. My only issue is other boats and skeeters at the ramp. Id prolly have 23 chem lights attached to my head to prevent getting run over

Skeeters are bad for sure. As far as other boats, usually there are only 2 other boats tops in all of east bay. I take a headlamp, but only turn it on after I set the hook or to rig. There’s only been one time in the past few years that another boat headed to the area I was fishing (still a couple hundred yards away) and I flashed my headlamp at them a couple of times and they took off to fish a different spot.

Comment

What edge would you say the Shoalwater has over the EP?

The shoal water is going to run a littler skinnier and easier to control the way it drift or when on trolling motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a One3 Concept TXZ I could possibly be talked out of.

Little higher range than I want to spend since I’m new to baitcasters, thanks for the offer

Comment

Has anyone fished Hynes Bay? I have been having great success with reds just east all winter but all the trout have come up short.

We are thinking about heading to Hynes this coming weekend near Swan Lake or the rock structures just north of there in search of big specs. Does anyone have any experience with this area?

Michael

Comment

Great day 03/23/2019 went out with some friends and my son, 4 total, 20 trout and 7 reds!!! Port Mansfield area, Down South lures,,, can't down load pics!!!!

Comment

Fished east matagorda Sunday.l with a buddy and his two kids Sunday. Got on the water about 10. Launched out of Sargent. Only caught two 12” flounder. The kids had fun riding in my buddy’s new to him boat (Majek 20v).

Hopefully the forecast clears up this weekend. Want to get out there and actually get to fish!

Comment

I have to work this weekend, but Im hoping i will be able to fish next weekend. Weather permitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X