The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
    I've been driving my wife and the neighbors crazy by practicing my bugles for about an hour every night... It's AWESOME!!!
    LOL I have to show this to my wife so she knows I'm not the only one!

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
      LOL I have to show this to my wife so she knows I'm not the only one!
      Yep, my daughter and I were hitting the cow calls the other night, driving the dogs and my wife nuts.

Comment

Most folks in this thread have a giant bull in their avatar.... I need to fix mine stat...

Did stairs this afternoon and practiced my calling last night. Really need to brush up on the cow calling this year instead of relying on bugling so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
          Most folks in this thread have a giant bull in their avatar.... I need to fix mine stat...

Did stairs this afternoon and practiced my calling last night. Really need to brush up on the cow calling this year instead of relying on bugling so much.
          Primos Hyper Lip is pretty easy to use and alter the sound. I gave up on diaphrams except to bugle.

Comment

That's the one I have. Only bugle to locate, then cow call only...

Comment

Looks like we will be leaving out Sept 1 or 2. Headed to Colorado, unit 62. Found an area last year with a few acres that dont seem to have any jeep trails. Might try packing in for a day or two. Still studying the area. Good luck everyone.

Comment

First Archery Elk hunt

Headed to Colorado this year with my brother. will be in camp Sept 5 with Conrads High Country Outfitters. Any one ever hunt with them?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                  Primos Hyper Lip is pretty easy to use and alter the sound. I gave up on diaphrams except to bugle.
                  I have had the best luck with the imperial plate and the ivory plate from primos for cow sounds. I am curious what other diaphragms y'all are using? I would love to order more to try. I have several but like the red imperial from primos the best. Any other recommendations ?

Comment

Check out phelps game calls. I use bugling bull brown reed and have had good luck. I am going to try the select a call by bugling bull this year and see how it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
                      Check out phelps game calls. I use bugling bull brown reed and have had good luck. I am going to try the select a call by bugling bull this year and see how it does.
                      I just ordered the Select A Bull call last week and was thinking about sending it back because I'm having trouble figuring out the mouthpiece. Would you want to buy mine for $40? It's literally brand new.

Comment

Following

Comment

I use a single reed Carlton primarily to stop an animal for a shot.
                          I like a hyper hot Peterson. I can also make a calf call with it. Even mulies come to a calf call.
                          I have been using a Power Bugle from Elk Inc. for many years. It is easy to use and makes the best chuckle. I have found that after locating a bull, a cow call and a chuckle seem to bring most bull within range. The chuckle used alone doesn't seem to bother a bull, it seems like a friendly call that makes them want to get together for a cool one.

Comment

Anyone else digging their stuff out yet to do inventory and go over your check lists?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375021211.951207.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	24224556

Comment

I'm in Cullman Al. for ASA classic all next week.
                              I will be back on 8/4 and start putting everything together.
                              ATV in shop for good inspection, wall tent in shop for new zipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
                                I just ordered the Select A Bull call last week and was thinking about sending it back because I'm having trouble figuring out the mouthpiece. Would you want to buy mine for $40? It's literally brand new.
                                What about the mouth piece that is making it hard to figure out?

Comment

Working...
                                X