Tropical Weather Discussion 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

its like a flight of 747's lined out looking to land.

Current NOAA map.
      Attached Files

Comment

We haven’t gotten the official word yet, but anticipating moving our jets this week to get them outta the way of this storm.

The craze has already started here in SC.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasFlyer03 View Post
          We haven’t gotten the official word yet, but anticipating moving our jets this week to get them outta the way of this storm.

The craze has already started here in SC.
          Rightfully so, I'm afraid. This storm is going to be packing a punch when it hits.

Comment

Need to keep an eye on Isaac............

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              Yup. That one has me worried.

Comment

My Angie flew to NC to try and get her momma out of Ocean Isle Beach where she lives. Gonna drive her up to Raleigh to her brother's and then try to fly back to DFW Wednesday since she has State Guard drill next weekend. Tracking models show the eye passing over Wilmington Friday am. Ocean Isle Beach is 30 miles south so her momma's place gonna get hit with a wall of water. Her house is 1/4 mile inland from the ocean front beach just across the intercoastal waterway. The race is on to get things buttoned down up there.

Comment

Defiantly have my eye on Isaac.
                  And hopefully Florence hooks it to the N!

Comment

Surprise pop up to watch

Comment

Dang it. I don’t like surprises

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        Wonderful.

Comment

Leaving for NM next friday......it better come on if it gonna do something. We are saturated with all this frain!

Comment

Oh great.

Comment

Tropics are crazy busy right now! Need to keep an eye on the wave in the Western Caribbean as euro is spinning up a weak disturbance near South Texas coast late this week.
                              Florence looks really bad for NC at the moment. Similar to what we saw last year, the models show Florence stalling out and meandering(to different degrees) and dumping some huge rain totals. Surge could be really bad too if it ramps up as much as NHC projects. Been a interesting storm to track, as it has yet to start moving with a Northerly component again as it's been tracking W/SW of forecast points.. If it doesnt start gaining some latitude quickly that could start nudging the cone further south.
                              Then there is Isaac..The "I" storms always worry me. There is a lot of time to see what he may do.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                                Tropics are crazy busy right now! Need to keep an eye on the wave in the Western Caribbean as euro is spinning up a weak disturbance near South Texas coast late this week.
                                Florence looks really bad for NC at the moment. Similar to what we saw last year, the models show Florence stalling out and meandering(to different degrees) and dumping some huge rain totals. Surge could be really bad too if it ramps up as much as NHC projects. Been a interesting storm to track, as it has yet to start moving with a Northerly component again as it's been tracking W/SW of forecast points.. If it doesnt start gaining some latitude quickly that could start nudging the cone further south.
                                Then there is Isaac..The "I" storms always worry me. There is a lot of time to see what he may do.
                                I know this sounds terrible but as bad as I feel for NC and VA I’m glad it’s not us.

Now as far as “I” goes...

Comment

Working...
                                X