• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer processing

I'm in the wrong business!
    I took care of the back straps and tenderloins myself
    2 quarter deer, sausage meat sticks and some hamburger
    $440.00
    Stanton's in Alvin has a reputation for turning out a fine product, but DANG.

Sure makes it easier to pass young bucks lol

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
    I'm in the wrong business!
    I took care of the back straps and tenderloins myself
    2 quarter deer, sausage meat sticks and some hamburger
    $440.00
    Stanton's in Alvin has a reputation for turning out a fine product, but DANG.

Sure makes it easier to pass young bucks lol
    Dang...a good commercial 1/2 HP grinder and two hours of time billed at $35 and hour would cost less. I enjoy doing my own more than I would paying $200 a deer.

Comment

How many lbs of those dried sticks? Those things can escalate a bill quickly.

Comment

I must be in the right business as I wouldn’t do all of that for someone else for $440. :-)

Comment

Sounds like my bill, minus $200. I like R&D Processing in Spring. The product and the service are awesome, they also support a ton of our SCI Chapter programs. Processing is ok if that's your thing but, I just like to HUNT!

Comment

Hell man I will do it for $439.99... or you could buy your own grinder

Comment

I really want a deer made into tamales this year but most places are around $13/dozen!

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                I must be in the right business as I wouldn’t do all of that for someone else for $440. :-)

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                  I really want a deer made into tamales this year but most places are around $13/dozen!

That's not a bad price for tamales.
                  Well, up here anyway to buy them. No place to get venison tamales made.

Comment

How many total pounds of meat did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                      I've been seriously thinking about attempting tamales myself this year. Just waiting for my son to get his deer before i bust the grinder out.

Comment

I attempted tamales with the help of my wife a couple of years ago but the meat came out too dry... will try again next month. Sorry for hi-jacking thread op

Comment

Sausage and sticks increase the pricing dramatically. I usually only have my deer processed in to hamburger / backs straps / tenderloin. I rarely pay over $150 and that would be for a large buck. Had my last one done at Prasek’s in Sealy and they did a fantastic job. Large bodied buck was $160. The packaging was flat so it was easy to stack them in the freezer. I have done a whole doe in to jerky sticks and paid about $380. Never again!!! LOL

Comment

In lufkin I can get a quartered deer made into ground meat and back straps tenderized and cut into steak for $75

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                              In lufkin I can get a quartered deer made into ground meat and back straps tenderized and cut into steak for $75
                              This is a very good deal!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X