Live hunt #4....Newton County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live hunt #4....Newton County

Well decided I would try a hunt on the backside of noon. The moon coming up around 430pm, might be a good thing. This particular spot is the only place with daytime movement. Its a big hill overlooking a saddle on a ridge. I dont particulary like hunting in the evening, but the wind is right, the moon is right, so, why not?

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck..good choice I bet with this front and all heading in.

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Why not? is right! Just now I had trail cam pics transmitted to me showing deer at 3 different feeders between 11:30am and 12:00. Very rare to have mid-day visitors at those locations -- I guess the weather has them up and moving around. Good luck!

Comment

Thanx. Just got settled in the stand, this stand is agood choice...if the wind cooperates

Comment

Updates on the hour. Im here till after dark or I get a shot. Pics were taken here at all times of the day, with most of them after 12 pm and at night

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

3PM and all is welllll!!!!

Comment

good luck. I hunted Newton county all morning and saw a lot of movement

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
                        good luck. I hunted Newton county all morning and saw a lot of movement
                        Well thats about par for the course.

On a side note, dont forget to take a couple of practice shots before you hunt. I was shooting 4" high at 25yds! Apparently I bumped my arrow rest. Got it trued and she is driving tacks again.

Practice shots, boys! They save a lot of pain.

Comment

Had this one in at 9am this morning.
                          Couldn't make him for sure legal so he walked, I'm not a horn hunter but I don't want the game warden at the house either.
                          Had some smaller bucks on hand corn yesterday afternoon and decent one in right at dark on the trail cam.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

BarW, you done good. That buck is a candidate for a Sporter rack next year.

Well its close to money time.

Just got a report of bucks chasing doe in Angelina County

Comment

I'm not far from you, Jasper county. Got all settled in, wind died, turned loose a little tuff of milkweed, it landed about 2' from hand corn. Packed up, snuck over to a feeder, bumped a big bodied deer, and now settled in at feeder. It just spun for about 2 revolutions and dropped about 5 kernels. 😠. Hoping a pig or something comes by to check it, but this hunt is probably a bust. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X