What's up with the rut??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with the rut??

In Bastrop county I usually see bucks some what after does during bow season. As of yesterday evening they are still in bachelor groups. The young bucks are sparring but the mature bucks aren't even paying attention to the does yet! With the moon phase a couple weeks ago and the recent fronts, I figured they would be going crazy. Anyone else seeing this?

It's balls to the walls in Colorado Co. Bucks are scattered and chasing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Weird....that's how it usually is here too by now. I also hardly ever see fawns and they are with alot of the does. Seems like everything is late. Maybe they are in pandemic mode too? Ill see of I can snap a pic of one with a mask on.

Comment

Early in the hill country too. Most of the bucks 4.5 and up are running solo scraping like crazy.. Some even chasing.

Comment

The next full moon on the 31st the Indians call the deer having sex moon..........

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
            In Bastrop county I usually see bucks some what after does during bow season. As of yesterday evening they are still in bachelor groups. The young bucks are sparring but the mature bucks aren't even paying attention to the does yet! With the moon phase a couple weeks ago and the recent fronts, I figured they would be going crazy. Anyone else seeing this?
            Hold on to your fuzzies, it is about to happen

Comment

See a ton of action the last few days in Lampasas county so it can’t be long for your area

Comment

I live in Hearne and saw a nice buck following a doe at the football field this morning about 4:00. Not running her hard but trailing close.

Comment

Does the rut only happen if you see it??? Lol it’s going on, just out of your sight or at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Three young bucks at my feeder in San Saba and 4 for. The bucks didn't even pay attention to the doe, they were heads down eating corn the whole time.

Rut changes every year. Usually around second full moon after fall equinox. That means about a week away. Should be going strong in early November.

Comment

Every year somebody asks the same questions..... early.... late.....not happening.......happening......not happening enough....they didn't rut....we missed it... etc etc....

Comment

It is right on schedule, here on the south east side of Guadalupe County. It's going right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                          The next full moon on the 31st the Indians call the deer having sex moon..........
                          You can’t say the “I” word on a public forum.

Comment

Rut happens around the same time every year, it doesn't change. Weather has a big affect on when they move, day are night, but its happening

Comment

Starting up in Leon Co.

Comment

Working...
                              X