Montgomery county success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montgomery county success

With the weather , wind and moon favoring the deer the first few weeks of this season i have only hunted a couple sits until this past friday. Weather turned cool a good north breeze and little to no pressure from me i had a feeling friday was going to be the day. I had previously planned on taking the whole day off of work and hunting all day but with morning wind swirling and a little more rain i went to work with plans to leave half day. Noon, 1pm, 2pm came and went and I've now worked most the day. At 2:45pm i headed north with plans of being in the stand by 3:45. I pulled thru the gate de-scented and changed clothes. Wind was in my face the entire walk to my tripod. Hung my bow , nocked an arrow and settled in my seat. Its now 340pm. 15 mins go by and i hear steps to my left and i can pick out 8 legs, a doe pops out onto the pipeline at 20 yrds she's heading straight for the feeder. The second deer pops out and i know right away he's a shooter, bow in hand i watch as he stands a few feet from me watching his girlfriend from the afternoon shadows. As she moves to the other side of the feeder he makes his move, he won't let her get far away, he nibbles corn as i steady my position and wait patiently for him to step into my shooting lane. He takes a few steps forward and he's now in my lane. I draw my bow settle my pin and ask myself if my anchor points are right, the answer was yes so i touched the trigger and the trypan tipped maxima hit its mark quickly. With A mule kick and visible blood pumping he was out of my sight within a few feet. The woods went quiet, his girlfriend still standing few feet from my feeder with no idea what had just happened. I looked at my phone. 4:06pm.. I decided to give him some time. I climbed down from my stand about 5pm and picked up the blood trail. It was short and easy to follow. My 2020 montgomery county buck didn't go 30 yards.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good job. Nice one

Comment

Nice looking buck. I love a solid mainframe 8.

Comment

Congrats on one heck of a deer!

Comment

Nice! Congrats on getting it done.

Comment

Great buck

Comment

Awesome.

My favorite bow ever.

Comment

Nice buck, congrats

Comment