FREE Bowfishing Opportunity for Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As some of you know, TBHr The Cajun and I started a Non-Profit called Deployed Family Outdoors several years ago with a goal of taking the families of Active Military on special hunting and fishing trips. This spring (April 16th-18th), we are going to host a weekend of bowfishing in the Louisiana Marsh for redfish, sheephead, gar, black drum and more. This is an all inclusive trip, and while it is still fishing- you can almost bet that the coolers are going to get filled with good eats.

We are looking for two Active Duty Military families to take on this trip.
    Everything is taken care of from lodging and licenses to food and fish cleaning. The hardest part for us at DFO is finding available families as we don't have direct military connections. We weren't in the military but have found our way to give back and say thanks.

I'm attaching a flyer below, and more information can be found on our website DeployedFamilyOutdoors.com

Thanks y'all!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Patton; 01-21-2021, 10:21 AM.

A little bit of what can be expected:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ-wBt_6xWk&t=1s"]BOWFISHING Redfish and MONSTER Drum in Louisiana Marsh - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by Patton; 01-21-2021, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I need to get on a trip with you one of these days. I love bowfishing that part of Louisiana, lots of targets. Great thing you do here Patton.

Comment

That's the best bow fishing water on Earth. I have seen pretty much all if that marsh. Great opportunity.

Comment

Great opportunity for a military family.

I am extremely familiar with that marsh. Grew up there and launched at Jugs which is just over the levee from the camp yall are staying at.
          There is no shortage of reds, black drum, and sheephead there the size of dinner plates.

If you want a tip on a dynamite spot for February, shoot me a PM.

Edit: Now i feel stupid not seeing the Trip is in April. The reds still hug this shoreline, but not typically the bulls that we are accustomed to in early spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by bloodstick; 01-21-2021, 11:04 AM.

Comment

This is awesome. Thank you. I know we have several that are still active and I hope they get to go.

Comment

Heck of a gesture

Comment

Here is a quick link to the family registration page:

Comment

Sunday evening bump

Comment

Please pass this great opportunity along to anyone you know that may be qualified or interested!

Thanks,

DFO Team

Comment

Thank you for what you do.

Almost makes me wish I was still in....almost.

Comment

Pure awesomeness! God bless y’all for honoring troops this way.

Comment

Awesome gesture partner. I know a good time will be had by all.

Comment

ttt

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
                              X