Hunting Ammo Question - Hornady Black 6.5 Creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Ammo Question - Hornady Black 6.5 Creedmoor

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, feel free to move if needed. I wanted to post it up quick to get some answers.

My buddy is having a hard time finding some hunting ammo for his son's gun, a 6.5 Creedmoor and he picked up some Black as it is BTHP and the gun shop owner informed him it was illegal to hunt deer in Texas with the Black Ammo as it is not a hollow point bullet. There was a customer in the store that chimed in and said he received a ticket last year for using the Black line of ammo. All mine that I have purchased is a hollow point, Are we missing something?

Maybe some of the line has FMJ but I know mine are hollow points.

Thanks in Advance,,

Let it fly. It is not illegal in Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mike where was this shop?

Comment

Stay away from that gun shop. Sounds like it’s infested with idiots.

Comment

As Bugs Bunny would say, "what a maroon". Find a better store to do business with as those two guys don't have a clue. BTHP Black is good ammo for the price. Hornady Black BTHP 140 gr is an exclusive item for Academy sales 20 rd box. American gunner by Hornady 140 gr BTHP is same ammo as Black but sold in 50 rd box.

Comment

I've been searching for that exact ammo and can't find it anywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro View Post
              As Bugs Bunny would say, "what a maroon". Find a better store to do business with as those two guys don't have a clue. BTHP Black is good ammo for the price. Hornady Black BTHP 140 gr is an exclusive item for Academy sales 20 rd box. American gunner by Hornady 140 gr BTHP is same ammo as Black but sold in 50 rd box.

And 200 round ammo cans as well for American gunner.

While it is not illegal to hunt with the ammo, I would say there are definitely better choices out there for ammo. But yes that gun shop sounds sketchy.

Comment

Dude needs to find a new gun shop. That ammo is 1000% legal to hunt with, however I prefer the Superformance in my 6.5

Comment

Where is this gun shop? Baffoons running amuck in there. Probably Biden voters too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    owner informed him it was illegal to hunt deer in Texas with the Black Ammo as it is not a hollow point bullet. There was a customer in the store that chimed in and said he received a ticket last year for using the Black line of ammo. All mine that I have purchased is a hollow point, Are we missing something?

Maybe some of the line has FMJ but I know mine are hollow points.

Thanks in Advance,,
                    This is absolutely incorrect. See the TP&W website. Stay away from that band of morons.

Comment

I asked a similar question recently about Hornady black, but it was related to the legality of using them. Was more addressing the effectiveness of using them.

I ended up not using them. But am curious to hear other feedback.

Comment

What the what?!?!?

Comment

This is why I don't shop in local gun stores.

Comment

Illegal no but i think those bullets will not fare well against bones

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Those rounds are absolutely great. I love those rounds. Those suckers punch holes, run through both shoulders, no problem. I've shot deer, bb, axis , audad and hogs with that round. From 100 yards to 330 yards out.
                              Shoot less than a .5 MOA. One of my favorite rounds to hunt with. Perform better than the 143gr ELDX if you ask me. But thats my 2cents

Comment

Working...
                              X