Thoughts on Vortex Pro Series rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Vortex Pro Series rings?

Needing a set of rings to mount a scope to savage 10T.

Looking for feedback on these

Welcome to suggestions for alternatives in same price range ($100 or less)

I do not need $200 a set rings either as my shooting ability would not know the difference in them or a $20 WM set but I would still like to have decent rings

Seekins. They actually make some of the rings for vortex. Also, the higher end rings are built to much tighter tolerances and are far more reliable. Has nothing to do with your shooting abilities.

Comment

Burris signature self centering rings are nice as long as you don’t plan on putting the rifle thru an obstacle course.

Comment

Seekins are my favorite for the $100 range. Look used and you can pick them up for $80-90. I’ve never paid more than $100 for any of them, and I’ve bought 20+ sets. I’ve got some Pro Series, but haven’t found a reason to put them to use though. They do look nice enough for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Seekins. They actually make some of the rings for vortex. Also, the higher end rings are built to much tighter tolerances and are far more reliable. Has nothing to do with your shooting abilities.
          I found where someone said they got a pair of Seekins on sale Labor Day last year.

So since I am not in a hurry I am going to watch for any deals with Labor Day coming up

Next dilemma will be what height to get

Lowest that will leave clearance for everything or?

One brand I was looking at the difference from "low" to "high" was 0.1" which seems minuscule to me

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            I found where someone said they got a pair of Seekins on sale Labor Day last year.

So since I am not in a hurry I am going to watch for any deals with Labor Day coming up

Next dilemma will be what height to get

Lowest that will leave clearance for everything or?

One brand I was looking at the difference from "low" to "high" was 0.1" which seems minuscule to me
            30mm or 34mm go with lows up to a 56mm objective. 1” is run mediums on a 50mm. Maybe highs on a 56mm. Yes lowest that will still clear everything AND is comfortable for you to use.

Comment

I’ve been running Warne Maxima’s on most of my setups and have no complaints.
              Made in the USA and under budget
              Last edited by kkp005; 08-20-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Seekins (or vortex match rings- seekins makes them) are great, also recommend Hawkins for $150.

Comment

I like the Burris Signature Zee Rings and they are around $50.

Comment

Appreciate the replies

I have learned a LOT about scope rings in the last 3 days

Waiting to see if anyone has any good Labor Day sales on mid range rings before I spend my money.

Comment

Appreciate the replies

I have learned a LOT about scope rings in the last 3 days

Waiting to see if anyone has any good Labor Day sales on mid range rings before I spend my money.
                      Check out liberty optics.

Comment

I bought a 1 piece dnz game reaper mount for my Remington 700 this year and have been pleased with it so far. It will be my first choice for future applications. If you haven’t checked them out, you may like to do so. They seem very heavy duty with long screws and such

Comment

What size do you need I have a few sets.

Comment

Originally posted by snipermedic View Post
                            What size do you need I have a few sets.
                            I think I can use medium / ~0.87" height. But then again, there seems to be no "standard" for height between manufacturers either.

The closest thing I came up with was a guy on youtube saying to use a stack of shims (coins for example) to get an idea of needed height for clearance. It is a chore to balance a scope on a stack of quarters sitting on top of the rail, look at clearance, try to see if eye relief is anywhere close and .....

I need a few more arms

BTW

Savage 10T, 0MOA rail, Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44 scope if anybody has that combination

Comment

I think I can use medium / ~0.87" height. But then again, there seems to be no "standard" for height between manufacturers either.

The closest thing I came up with was a guy on youtube saying to use a stack of shims (coins for example) to get an idea of needed height for clearance. It is a chore to balance a scope on a stack of quarters sitting on top of the rail, look at clearance, try to see if eye relief is anywhere close and .....

I need a few more arms

BTW

Savage 10T, 0MOA rail, Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44 scope if anybody has that combination
                              .87 wont be an issue with that optic. You can probably get away with .82, but I don’t see enough of a reason to try it.

Comment

Working...
                              X