Sulfameth/TMP 800/160MG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sulfameth/TMP 800/160MG

Anybody take this antibotic? Had any problems with it? I’m taking it after my surgery. Some days its not so bad, others it jacks me up pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack you up in what manner? What kind of surgery?

Comment

Feel jittery, drowzy, like i have low blood sugar. Had achilles tendon surgery

Comment

Coworker said i look pale as a ghost.

Comment

Some people have severe alergic reactions to sulfa based antibiotics. My mom is one she can not take any of them.

Comment

have you ever taken sulfa drugs? A large amount of people are allergic to Bactrim.

Comment

Originally posted by topherstrux View Post
              have you ever taken sulfa drugs? A large amount of people are allergic to Bactrim.

Don’t remember ever taking them. One of my kids is allergic to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolpin10 View Post
                Some people have severe alergic reactions to sulfa based antibiotics. My mom is one she can not take any of them.
                This is me. I can't take any sulfa based antibiotics either. I break out in big rashes.

Comment

I'm allergic to Sulfa drugs, could be part of your deal

Comment

I think it combined with my diabetes meds are doubling it and dropping my blood sugar. Today is first day back to work so i was awake after taking it. I been used to sleeping after take it. That could be part of the problem

Comment

Just be sure and drink plenty of water while taking it. Bactrim is notorious for causing the symptoms you are having. Your pharmacist should have told you this. I always counsel my patients about these side effects when I dispense Bactrim. It is a good antibiotic. Take it till they are gone and you will feel much better once you are off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                        Just be sure and drink plenty of water while taking it. Bactrim is notorious for causing the symptoms you are having. Your pharmacist should have told you this. I always counsel my patients about these side effects when I dispense Bactrim. It is a good antibiotic. Take it till they are gone and you will feel much better once you are off of it.

Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by Japeatr View Post
                          I'm allergic to Sulfa drugs, could be part of your deal

This
                          I was prescribed a Sulfa drug once..... found out the hard way that I'm bad allergic to them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thx for all the replies.

Comment

Working...
                            X