Chainsaw won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chainsaw won't start

going to be a lot of broken limbs and downed trees in my neighborhood and I can't get my chainsaw to start. Probably just bad gas but a really bad time for it. One tree down in my neighbor's yard and I was gojng to help and get free firewood.

Now I have 2 limbs down and one dangling. Guess I'll be getting it running later.

What would y'all do with the old gas?

Kill some weeds with the old gas. New gas and some seafoam and choppy choppy!

Comment

new gas, new plug.

Comment

Pour it out on some weeds or fence lines. Get some Truefuel and you won't have to worry about that anymore.

Comment

What he said. And clean the air filter.

Comment

Pour out old gas
            Spray carb cleaner into carb until its full & let soak 5-10 seconds
            Do that 2 more times
            Install a new spark plug & new fuel
            Clean air filter
            Pump bulb ~5 times and crank it w/choke on full until it tries to start then put choke on half
            If all that doesn't work than it may need a new ignition module if it's not getting spark
            Rev that baby up!

Comment

Sell it in TBH classifieds for $10/ pint...call it vintage...

Comment

I use 93 octane ethanol free in my chainsaw.
                The stihl house I go to sells it. They claim a gallon of ethanol free high octane in a “vapor lock” red gas can will last for nine months to a year.

I run thru it quicker than that so I haven’t tested the claim. I’ve never had a problem with my stihl or to get it to start even if it’s cold. Three pulls and it’ll idle even if it’s sat for months.

Biggest thing I’ll advocate is to not run 10% ethanol in it, ever.

Comment

I know it won’t help you now, but in the future, run trufuel and you won’t have this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                    Pour out old gas
                    Do that 2 more times
                    Clean air filter
                    Pump bulb ~5 times and crank it w/choke on full until it tries to start then put choke on half
                    If all that doesn't work than it may need a new ignition module if it's not getting spark
                    Rev that baby up!
                    This!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Sell it in TBH classifieds for $10/ pint...call it vintage...

Nonsense! It will be worth $20 per pint during next years gas shortages

Comment

Pour out old gas
                        Do that 2 more times
                        Clean air filter
                        Rev that baby up!
                        Good advice.

Comment

Throw it away, buy a Stihl and only use red can mix that’s $20+ a gallon at your local big box store.

Comment

Dagum ethanol fuel.

Comment

Pour out old gas
                              Do that 2 more times
                              Clean air filter
                              Rev that baby up!
                              X2

Have done similar to this with good results, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X