Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
    Prejean's in Lafayette

Second this. Love that place. Best chicken and sausage gumbo I’ve ever had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Enjoy the people. Some of the friendliest I’ve encountered.

Comment

We had Don's Seafood for late lunch and Fiery Crab forate dinner. Both great! Charbroil oysters at Fiery Crab were awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Enjoy our beautiful highway system

No kidding. I grew up 4 miles from the state line by the far nw corner of la. Caddo parish. When you went from Arkansas to la on hwy 71 you’d almost need an alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
            No kidding. I grew up 4 miles from the state line by the far nw corner of la. Caddo parish. When you went from Arkansas to la on hwy 71 you’d almost need an alignment.
            No "almost" to it.....😉

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
              I feel Prejean’s is kinda touristy and really not that great. But I grew up there so I’m biased.

OP, if you want a poboy for lunch, Bon Creole in New Iberia (between Lafayette and Jeanerette) has a shrimp poboy with about 2 pounds of fried shrimp. Or swap it for fried oysters and what have you. I usually get the whole poboy and save half for dinner or lunch the next day. Little hole in the wall joint. One of my favorites.

And I second Billy’s in Scott. There is a new location on Point DeMouton as well, just north of I-10

I haven't been since 2016. I loved the place, I'm sure the places you mentioned are great. Unless things have changed, I would still highly recommend Prejeans.

Comment

I can name gas stations with better boudin than y'all keep throwing out there.

https://inlawscajun.com/

Please do. I love boudin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Enjoy our beautiful highway system
                  LOL! I'm staying in Lafayette and working in New Iberia and Highway 90 is gonna shake my truck apart.

Not in Lafayette but Billeaud's Too in New Iberia has awesome plate lunches. Their cracklin is better than Billy's, Don's or Best Stop.

For boudin you cant beat Chops in Broussard.

Comment

Louisiana reccomendations?

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                    LOL! I'm staying in Lafayette and working in New Iberia and Highway 90 is gonna shake my truck apart.

Not in Lafayette but Billeaud's Too in New Iberia has awesome plate lunches. Their cracklin is better than Billy's, Don's or Best Stop.

For boudin you cant beat Chops in Broussard.

When I worked at Patterson Rental over on Aillet Rd, salesman would bring Chops boudin and a loaf of Evangeline Maid bread at least twice a week. It was pretty cool being in the department that spent all the $$ on repairs.

If you working The Berry, hit up Bon Creole for an awesome poboy.

There is some decent hotels in New Iberia as well. I would not subject myself to HWY 90 daily unless i absolutely had to.

Comment

Old Tyme Grocery in Lafayette is on our must stop each time we go thru there. Their shrimp poboys are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                        When I worked at Patterson Rental over on Aillet Rd, salesman would bring Chops boudin and a loaf of Evangeline Maid bread at least twice a week. It was pretty cool being in the department that spent all the $$ on repairs.

If you working The Berry, hit up Bon Creole for an awesome poboy.

There is some decent hotels in New Iberia as well. I would not subject myself to HWY 90 daily unless i absolutely had to.

Bon Creole is awesome. When I have a hankering for an oyster poboy that is where I head to. Their gumbo is freaking awesome as well.

I've looked at places here in New Iberia but cant beat what I am paying in Lafayette.

Comment

Popeyes chicken ?

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            Popeyes chicken ?

Sombody get a rope!! ...or better yet, get the pot boilin' we gonna make "squirrel" dumplin's!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                              Prejean's in Lafayette
                              see below

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              If you do lunch in Lafayette, I'd recommend Bon Temp's.

Prejean's is not what it used to be...
                              Bon Temps is arguable the best restaurant in Laffy right now, top 2 or 3 for sure. Casual, affordable, and killer groceries.

Prejeans is currently CLOSED for remodeling. Bob Guilbeau sold out to Tim Metcalf (Deano's Pizza) as they have new ownership. Hopefully Tim can bring back the magic to Prejeans. In the 80's it was THE best restaurant in Laffy. Definitely more "touristy" as locals don't even eat there. I had my wedding rehearsal party at Prejeans in 1988, have only eaten there a half dozen times since, and it's been with TBH'ers passing through town... Hillary, Chew, Steve Scott, Spud, Frank.

Originally posted by sling shot View Post
                              I agree with Best Stop being better than Billy's.

In Lafayette Blue Dog Cafe, crawfish enchiladas are hard to beat. And a little known off the beaten path is Steve & Pats Bon Temps on East Verot School Rd, everything on the menu is excellent (Mesquite Grilled Meatloaf is one of my favorites).
                              BEST STOP is the real deal

Blue Dog CLOSED and Bon Temp Gill moved into their location on Pinhook.

Poor Boys Riverside Inn also has killer groceries and located near Lafayette/Broussard on Tubing Road, off Hwy 90.

In NOLA, my favorite restaurant is GW Fins. You'll need proper attire, reservations, and the food is off the fricken chart. Always have fresh fish brought in the same day from the gulf.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                                Popeyes chicken ?
                                Laffy has the ONLY "all you can eat" Popeyes buffet in the country. Liver, Gizzard, red beans, macaroni n cheese, green beans, collard greans, banana pudding, dirty rice, onion rings, spicy/regular, white/dark meat, mashed potatoes, corn, etc... Due to CVID, it may be closed for Dine In.

Red Beans w/ dirty rice is how I roll

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 02-02-2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X