Blast from the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blast from the past

Check this beast out. Packed away in my parents’ garage. Gonna hook it up and see if it still works!
    Attached Files

Sweet! We used reel to reels in my electronic music class in high school. Fun with reverb and echo.

Comment

Looks new still. Pretty cool

Comment

Wow! Nice find! Have not seen one of those since 1980 when I lived in the college dorm!

Comment

Sweet! I remember as a kid all we had was an old “HiFi” (mono, not even stereo) that I played my records on. Then we went to a family friend’s house who was a real audiophile - he had a reel-to-reel, pre-amp, amp, great speakers,the whole set-up. Listening to music coming out of that rig ruined me I never realized ours was crap.

Comment

What is it? Looks like a old school tape player or 1985 DJ board. [emoji846][emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol.....my parents still have theirs from the 50s in Germany.....[emoji854]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

My father had a state of art audio system....for 1960. it had reel to reel, lp and AM/FM stereo all in a huge cabinet. While recently settling his estate we put on some of his reel to reels to listen to, was great. My neice took the system with the understanding it never leaves the family.

Comment

Awesome. Reel to Reel sound is greatness.

Comment

Still have my system, reel to reel Alkai, 8 track recorder, recording turn-table, reverb, two amp's, Sansui and another small one, plus the huge box speakers. Also about 40 1800 recorded tapes of music from the 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's. I spent many hours recording from master tapes in Okinawa and Viet Nam. Music is still good.

Comment

That system still looks new. They took good care of it.

You’ll have to let us know what was on the tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X