Thoughts on Sharing Tags with Kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    I bet 90% on here have been on a dove hunt and either shot a bird or two for someone or someone shot a bird or two for them. Both in the field hunting side by side but still illegal. Heck i use a 5 gallon bucket with my kid to keep fireants down and ahare but that is by law illegal
    It’s only illegal if you get caught. Lol. At least that’s what my law professor told us.
    No different that helping a buddy fill his limit on the tuna boat.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
      His kids would be stealing if they poached a deer due to not having any tags left that would allow them to legally shoot that deer.

Sure, I know OP can shoot it and tag it...no problem. But legally his kids can't. Another hunter, who has tags, could have come along and shoot that deer, if his kids didn't steal it from him/her....in this hypothetical situation.
      This best sums up the stealing statement. Once the kid pull the trigger, they are in fact stealing from the state and other hunters, ie, Poaching.

I think the kids are old enough to understand the system and how it works. They know they would be breaking the law but it is only a little white lie since "we have the tags available." I would not venture down that road with my boys.

I encountered this a few years ago on a Dove hunt with a fellow that said "I can have 2 limits right, since I brought my boy with me?" The boy was 9 at the time and could barely swing a gun. I told him that was a slippery slope you are about to go down. A game warden will root out who shot those birds talking to a 9 year old.

How many stories have we read where a "poacher" uses his wife and kid's tags to shoot more deer? This is just a flipped version.

Get some friends and go shoot more does.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post

Great times and great memories. If you have extra does you need killed it really is a great option.
        Amongst this discussion...can we pause and admire this beautifully placed neck shot from this young hunter?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
          It's probably "technically wrong/illegal", but (hypothetically speaking) I'd just do it and keep quiet about it. It's literally a no harm - no foul situation IMO, but I'm not the GW.

problem is its hard to keep kids quiet about it....

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
            Who said anything about lying to a Game Warden?

So you would admit to doing an illegal activity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              problem is its hard to keep kids quiet about it....

Lol, love when they ask the kid the question and out comes the truth. They have no filter and hard to take their words back as the ticket is already being written.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let the boys shoot. Keep them interested in hunting. It’s illegal by the way the law is written but your taking the same amount of deer and those boys are our future in hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                  Amongst this discussion...can we pause and admire this beautifully placed neck shot from this young hunter?
                  To be very honest he hit her high dropping her but not killing her and I quickly dispatched her with the neck shot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreyGhost View Post
                    It’s illegal by the way the law is written.

Ya think?

Darn law makers writing laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                      To be very honest he hit her high dropping her but not killing her and I quickly dispatched her with the neck shot.
                      So YOU killed it? Did YOU tag it? Just kidding!!! Good that he was not shooting for the neck!!! Whole nuther can of worms, but I've seen so many screw ups when people were going to make a neck shot, that I just hate to see it tried when there's such a larger margin for error when shooting at the diaphragm area.

Comment

If everybody did it, then we'd have a problem. There's a reason we have laws. Honestly I'm surprised someone is seriously asking this question.

Comment

Originally posted by bugleboy View Post
                          So YOU killed it? Did YOU tag it? Just kidding!!! Good that he was not shooting for the neck!!! Whole nuther can of worms, but I've seen so many screw ups when people were going to make a neck shot, that I just hate to see it tried when there's such a larger margin for error when shooting at the diaphragm area.
                          No, if you look real close on that pic you can see he hit her high in the front shoulder and broke her back straight up over the shoulder. She wasn't going anywhere but wasn't going to die quickly either so I went on and finished her.

His other two shots were money and dropped them dead in their tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                            Sorry was driving and didn’t fully read. It is 100% illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            So is trying to read and participate in an internet forum while your driving, way more dangerous too! I thought it was just inexperienced teenagers but I guess everybody is dumb from time to time....

Comment

Just do it. Too many so called Holier than Thou on here.

Comment

Originally posted by HNT ETX View Post
                                That someone even has to ask is a head scratcher, and that they hunt and are still so ignorant to game laws that they are comfortable enough to ask on a public forum?!?!

BUT we have lapsed into very strange times, nothing surprises me anymore.

Very illegal and EXTREMELY unethical.
                                x1000

Comment

Working...
                                X