Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Panhandle Hunting Thread (8th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot my big 8 point last night. He was facing me head down when i had to draw. I held for a long time and he finally gave me a quartered to at 18 yds. The shot hit high in the shoulder. Didnt look like alot of penetration. I saw the deer about 100yds away for about an hour. Took up the trail after an hour but no blood for 30-40yds. Backed out and heading out this morning to go look.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWayne86 View Post
      Shot my big 8 point last night. He was facing me head down when i had to draw. I held for a long time and he finally gave me a quartered to at 18 yds. The shot hit high in the shoulder. Didnt look like alot of penetration. I saw the deer about 100yds away for about an hour. Took up the trail after an hour but no blood for 30-40yds. Backed out and heading out this morning to go look.

In for pics

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWayne86 View Post

Good Luck

I get to...

Comment

Great weekend in Wheeler/ Gray/ Collingsworth Co. Between 3 of us and the ~13,000ac we put eyes on 3 different bucks that will gross the books. Tito killed his personal best and Hunter killed 2 does this morning. We had an absolute blast and the deer are starting to get on their feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No deer this weekend buy my son shot this monster and he's very proud.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Update- went in around 0720. Looked for awhile then picked up blood just past where i left off last night. Spots were decent in size about every 6-10 foot. Followed blood for about 100yds then saw where he made a small circle. The most blood we found was CD size most was small drops then nothing. All i can figure after 3 hours of trailing is what i had expected of a high shoulderblade/shoulder meat shot. No beds or anything and i never found my arrow. Other than finding the dead buck this is best bet. I figured a marginal chance for a lethal kill. My fault on shot placement, i shouldve killed him easy.

Comment

I set this morning for does and pigs. I saw the first real rut signs of the season. A big 8 absolutely killed a small mesquite making a run scrape while grunting the whole time. He was definitely showing off for the ladies and the 3 year old 8 that was there. It should get good in about 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
                  No deer this weekend buy my son shot this monster and he's very proud.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  Nice job KAC.

Comment

That is a Boone & Crockpot coon! Congrats young man!

Comment

Great movement this weekend in motley mainly young’s bucks and does killed few pigs and coyotes and one mulie doe hopefully next weekend will be better best bucks still mainly coming in at night

Comment

Nice buck, Keith! Congrats!

Comment

TTS - congratulations

Rowed peanuts seems to have negatively impacted deer patterns.
                          Last edited by wellingtontx; 10-18-2020, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Definitely something to be proud of.

Comment

Set tonight, saw lots of does and we have a really nice 8 point come in. He looks to be 4 or 5 but acts 2. We don’t know if we should let him go for one more year to see if he really will blow up. He comes to feeder everyday, not really scared, tonight he winded me 3 times but it didn’t keep him from coming back in. Another mature buck came in close to dark and after passing by he hit my wind in the same spot and bolted like you would expect.

What’s y’all thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
                                Set tonight, saw lots of does and we have a really nice 8 point come in. He looks to be 4 or 5 but acts 2. We don’t know if we should let him go for one more year to see if he really will blow up. He comes to feeder everyday, not really scared, tonight he winded me 3 times but it didn’t keep him from coming back in. Another mature buck came in close to dark and after passing by he hit my wind in the same spot and bolted like you would expect.

What’s y’all thoughts?

I think he is a stout 3.5 yr old. I'd like to see him next year.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X