Buck dropping antlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck dropping antlers

Have one on camera thats dropped both sides. I think he's a 3yr old. Fayette county. Anyone else seeing them drop as well?

I was just watching whitetail cribs on YouTube, guy on there found a shed the day after Christmas!!! Not in our part of the country but thought that was crazy

Comment

It happens. Stress, injury even poor nutrition will cause early shedding. I’ve noticed a few people mentioning on FBook the same thing.

Comment

Saw one the other day. Looked like a young buck.

Comment

So my neighbor at my ranch just told me one of our biggest 8 pts dropped his. He thought it was a huge doe at first but then saw his bare spots on his head. Crazy.

Comment

Wow that's early

Comment

A few of ours will start dropping in late January. I'd say the vast majority of our bucks will shed somewhere around the last week of Feb, first week of March.

Thats usually when I start picking up quite a few sheds in my plots.

Comment

We’ve seen a handful around Christmas time over the years.

Comment

I found some today.

Comment

Wow that’s early

Comment

For SE Texas area, this is common. There will be some that are starting to drop horns this time of year.

The first rut typically for these areas is early to mid October. This includes a farm I hunt in Lavaca County, just south of the OP.
                      Last edited by Greenheadless; 01-05-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

They started showing up on camera with one or both shed last week here in Minnesota.

Comment

The few bucks I’ve seen here at the house still have their racks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man if that's the case, no way I would ML hunt now and accidently shoot a bald headed target buck.

Comment

Have not this year but a couple years ago was really dry fall and winter we had quite a few that dropped there antlers in January, stress will cause some to shed early.

Comment

Working...
                              X