TPWD check stations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD check stations?

I saw 2 yesterday in the panhandle. One outside Dalhart and the other in Vega. Are these for mule deer or what? I've never seen one before.

I think some counties have it for CWD.

DJ

Comment

CWD.

-------------------------------
      Violence never settles anything
      -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Ahh, I didn't think about that.

Comment

Just saw the one in dalhart today and was wondering what they were for

Comment

There was one in dalhart for pronghorn when we hunted up there three years ago.

Comment

Saw one in Hondo yesterday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I heard they also have a check point looking for gummi bears out of Co.

Comment

Hondo has one and Tarpley has one. Mandatory CWD test in Medina county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                    I heard they also have a check point looking for gummi bears out of Co.

Comment

Originally posted by CreekBoy View Post
                      Hondo has one and Tarpley has one. Mandatory CWD test in Medina county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Not trying to stir the pot, but how is the mandatory test enforced?

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
                        Not trying to stir the pot, but how is the mandatory test enforced?
                        Be my guess that you can chance not getting caught but if you do I'm sure there are consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          Be my guess that you can chance not getting caught but if you do I'm sure there are consequences.
                          I’ve been looking and can’t find for the life of me,if I shoot a deer in Medina county I have to drive out of my way into Hondo to get checked? Like I said not trying to stir the pot I just can’t find it in the book of regs so I’m not sure how it could be mandatory.
                          All the ones I have seen have been voluntary, but I haven’t passed through Hondo yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X